Well, I was forced to buy a 2008 Ford F150 recently...

Yes, beyond my wildest imagination, I was forced to fork over hard-earned cash for a Ford product. Here's a picture of the new 2008 Ford F150 STX that's parked in my garage:

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

DSCN7429.jpg

Well, I never said it was mine! My son Justin celebrated his 3rd birthday recently (08/08/08) and this was one of two presents from me, the wife, and my step-son (the other was a new Tonka-themed boys 14" bike). Here's one with the happy owner:

DSCN7431.jpg

He is extremely pleased with his Fisher Price Power Wheels Ford F150 STX with Monster Traction! He got it Saturday afternoon and has spent an hour or two driving it everyday since.

You had me going there for a minute, Roger.

I thought maybe you had lost your mind. :lol:

I will admit that I do like the Ford F-series pickups (not sure about the all-new 2009 models yet)... when the wife was considering an Edge back in March, then a Focus or Fusion in early June, I was constantly drawn to a well-loaded black & gray F-150 Super Crew in the showroom. No matter how good the deal was, if I was going for a pickup it would be a GMC Sierra Crew Cab hands down.

I will admit that I do like the Ford F-series pickups (not sure about the all-new 2009 models yet)... when the wife was considering an Edge back in March, then a Focus or Fusion in early June, I was constantly drawn to a well-loaded black & gray F-150 Super Crew in the showroom. No matter how good the deal was, if I was going for a pickup it would be a GMC Sierra Crew Cab hands down.

Yeah, but you buying an F-150 would be like me buying a Ranchero.

Some things just aren't supposed to happen.

Aww, the little guy looks happy, that's all that matters, I guess.:)

Well, at least somebody in my household has a pickup truck to drive <_<

:neenerneener::P:lol:

And yes, he is extremely happy with it... actually, for the last two months all I've heard was that he wanted a "Ford F50" (as he calls it!) for his birthday. I was tempted to put some of the GMC emblems I have lying around on it before giving it to him, but figured the joke would be lost on him at this age (my neighbor, who is a Ford junkie, was thrilled with this gift and that my son actually likes Ford trucks for real).

.....I'm calling Children's Services right now! :lol:

Nah, that's the prototype PHEV. Highly efficient, but only tows about 50 lb.

No rear axle, no BOF construction here, and the bed's sticker states it can only carry 25 lbs. MAX.

Don't you know what this really is? It's the mule for the soon-to-be-released 2012 unibody Ford F100!!! :P

No rear axle, no BOF construction here, and the bed's sticker states it can only carry 25 lbs. MAX.

Don't you know what this really is? It's the mule for the soon-to-be-released 2012 unibody Ford F100!!! :P

I just hope the 2-speed AT doesn't make it to production. :lol:

Haha, it sounds kinda like my situation when I was 5. I had to have ear surgery, and afterward my parents took me to Toys R' Us and said I could pick out one toy. What did I ask for? The biggest thing there, a Jeep Wrangler power wheels. Since my sister would also be able to ride in it, they caved and got it for me.

We still have it in our basement, but the battery is shot as far as I know.

Yeah, but you buying an F-150 would be like me buying a Ranchero.

Some things just aren't supposed to happen.

....nahhh...guy like you...a 57 ranchero would round out a collection of El-Camino vehicles just fine. The 67 Ranchero was also a nice looking car (the fairlane style body with the stacked headlights, not the mini-falcoln they came out with.)

One of the heating guys on the job we are doing has a 1 of 1 bench seat 70 or so SCJ 4 speed Ranchero, maybe not my thing but cool none the less.

Now a Camry made into a pick em up...that I couldn't see.

Chris

does it have sync?

i might as well test drive it, i think i've driven most everything else...LOL

You seem to like larger vehicles, not sure this one is for you reg.

Chris

You know, the F-150 looks pretty good as a convertible. Kind of reminds me of the old Broncos and Blazers with the removable roof.

I used to own a 69 Bronco with the removable roof. Wish I'd kept it and fixed it up, but that truck defined Ohio rust bucket.

Chris

i've been tempted to get her one of those cheap ATV's....actually. or a dirt bike. but its not like there is anywhere to ride it in suburbia........

If money is not a big factor, here's one with an age range of 3-8 years old (and probably a higher passenger weight rating too):

Gaucho Rock'in Ride On - Peg Perego (Toys R Us, $629.99)

pTRU1-3804504dt.jpg

More information here and here.

Of course Peg Perego has 24-volt powered vehicles that are for the 5-10 age range too :AH-HA_wink: