McCain's trend

loki

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow the Word Thread has a competitor. As much as I stay away from politics (did not read this thread in entirity) I gotta say we folks have been mostly civil. Good job guys :thumbsup: made me miss y'all even more. I will just :deathwatch:

That's "truth" in quotation marks. Don't forget your quotation marks.

Hey man, show me links that show I'm wrong. You haven't been able to yet. Burden of proof is now on you. "Lipstick on a pig" is a common phrase and I have proven it using just posts from C&G. Horse and Sparrow theory doesn't work, there is over 80 years of history to prove that. Palin contradicts herself regularly, 15 minutes on YouTube will prove that. A rash, uninformed, purely political, VP pick is not conservative, Webster will prove that.

With horses, pigs and sparrows all over your posts in this thread, I swear I'm back on the farm, smelling $h!.:smilewide:

You'll smell a lot more $h! if McCain is elected...

Chris

But "sources" are generally slanted, much as info from one's butt.

How's that? Are you telling me that facts do not exist, and research is unnecessary? That everything is negotiable? That when the toddler puts 1+1 together and somehow gets 3, that he isn't wrong, but just coming from a different point of view?

Bull-f@#king-$h!

And if Oldsmoboi's sources are somehow slanted, then where are your sources slanted in the opposite direction? Hmmm? If there's a bias, there's gotta be a counter-bias out there somewhere............unless the truth actually exists in some form, somewhere...

Edited by Croc

The Truth is not what someone tells you. It is what you know to be true. Truth is inside each individual. It's a summation of that individual's experiences.

False. Facts do not lie within the individual. By your logic, a person is incapable of being delusional or "wrong." It is very possible to be factually wrong. You're talking about experiences, but those are far different from facts or actual happenings. For a great example, I tried a legal hallucinogen, Salvia, once, and I experienced morphing through time and space quite vividly. At one point I was inside a video game. It was all so vivid, and I KNOW what I saw...but that doesn't mean it happened.

Have you ever had a misunderstanding with someone? Because from what you interpreted and knew to be true, that person totally slighted you. But when you talked to them about it, you learned that THE TRUTH wasn't anything like what "you knew to be true."

Hillary Clinton may have FELT like she was under sniper fire during the campaign, but when she visited Tuzla it was not under gunfire, but under a blue sky with Sheryl Crow, Chelsea, and little girls with flowers and poems.

And given the number of links Oldsmoboi posts, the truth isn't what someone told him, it's what he's gone out and found himself.

False. Facts do not lie within the individual. By your logic, a person is incapable of being delusional or "wrong." It is very possible to be factually wrong. You're talking about experiences, but those are far different from facts or actual happenings. For a great example, I tried a legal hallucinogen, Salvia, once, and I experienced morphing through time and space quite vividly. At one point I was inside a video game. It was all so vivid, and I KNOW what I saw...but that doesn't mean it happened.

Have you ever had a misunderstanding with someone? Because from what you interpreted and knew to be true, that person totally slighted you. But when you talked to them about it, you learned that THE TRUTH wasn't anything like what "you knew to be true."

Hillary Clinton may have FELT like she was under sniper fire during the campaign, but when she visited Tuzla it was not under gunfire, but under a blue sky with Sheryl Crow, Chelsea, and little girls with flowers and poems.

And given the number of links Oldsmoboi posts, the truth isn't what someone told him, it's what he's gone out and found himself.

+1 Yes We Can!

Your second paragraph helps prove my point. I didn't say we shouldn't investigate to find our Truth. And I didn't say Truth is finite.

And Hillary Clinton flat out LIED about her trip to Bosnia. Repeatedly.

Oh Borger stuff it, will ya?

Your second paragraph helps prove my point. I didn't say we shouldn't investigate to find our Truth. And I didn't say Truth is finite.

Uhhh...you were saying that truth is subjective, relating to the individual and his/her experiences. Truth is not subjective. It's correct, or it's false. Interpretations are subjective, but not the truth itself.

And Hillary Clinton flat out LIED about her trip to Bosnia. Repeatedly.

Is that not EXACTLY what I said?

"+1" is such a wasted post. Spare me.

I'd rather post a wasted post than live a wasted life.

What, is "I agree" much better? Deal with it. I'm not going to waste my time being redundant to everyone else's posts.

Edited by Croc

Croc, I don't want to fight, I am just completely bored with this whole political invasion of C&G... but I also agree with Satty's point... there is no good news out of GM lately to get excited about. Sure, the Camaro is a fine machine... but lately my budget has turned to Cobalt LS coupe with 5 speed and Protection Package territory. My Truth tells me fuel prices are to blame, and I don't see government having a hand in that.

Croc, I don't want to fight, I am just completely bored with this whole political invasion of C&G... but I also agree with Satty's point... there is no good news out of GM lately to get excited about. Sure, the Camaro is a fine machine... but lately my budget has turned to Cobalt LS coupe with 5 speed and Protection Package territory. My Truth tells me fuel prices are to blame, and I don't see government having a hand in that.

Then don't participate in the Political threads, they are clearly marked as such.

I don't want to fight, either! I thought this was just good-natured ribbing! :breakdance:

The Truth is not what someone tells you. It is what you know to be true. Truth is inside each individual. It's a summation of that individual's experiences.

If you click your heals together three times, Dorothy, and say "There's no place like home"..... well doncha know, you don't need a car anymore?!

Sorry Borger. Like L.A., if it's going to be allowed, I'm going to get down and dirty with the rest of my brothers. At least until I get SO bored I go over to Perez Hilton or some other such useless site.

But you're not actually contributing anything. I'm happy to debate you and would really enjoy if you'd participate if you were going to actually debate.

Love it! Love it! Love it!

(CNN) -- Former Bush adviser Karl Rove said Sunday that Sen. John McCain had gone "one step too far" in some of his recent ads attacking Sen. Barack Obama. "McCain has gone in some of his ads -- similarly gone one step too far," he told Fox News, "and sort of attributing to Obama things that are, you know, beyond the '100 percent truth' test."

When Karl Rove is shaking his finger at you for getting too sleezy in a political campaign.... man you are GOING places!

So... for you McCain supporter... how many of you are making over 600k?

could you be implying McCain is trying to "buy the rich vote"?

or BO is trying to "buy" the middle class and poor vote?

edit spelling

Edited by loki

could you be implying McCain is trying to "buy the rich vote"?

or BO is trying to "buy" the middle class and poor vote?

edit spelling

No, I'm implying that McCain is using the "Obama is going to raise taxes on everyone!!!121!!!eleventty!!" boogyman to scare middle and lowerclass voters into voting against their interests.

olds> i was thinking about the "energy infrastructure grants" you would like to see.... wouldn't there be scarcity of resources causing inflation in those markets and then broader inflation after that? markets, like parts for generators/copper, U, and cause industry bloating from so many short term contracts.... something akin to what has happened to the SUV market here?

I wouldn't spend the money quite like that. I would spend the money on the R&D to develop more advanced and efficient and safer forms of non-dinosaur based energy. Basic rotor design, basic photovoltaic chemistry, basic reactor design hasn't changed in 30 years.

After that, then I would spend the money on installations.

To pay for this (because I believe in balancing the budget), I would increase the taxes on non-renewable <not counting nuclear> energy.