Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HarleyEarl

Most Popular Car Colors

31 posts in this topic

I thought Silver was the most popular color in America? Or are they counting fleet sales?

It was... changes ever few years...

What's the least popular? I would imagine some shades of green.

Wow... What a bunch of lame people.

I guess we can all drive our homogeny white, homogenized Toyotas into a bright future.

A future of happy, shiny people in white Priuses, clear blue skies, rainbows, green fields, sunshine and happiness. It will be blissful. :)

Shiny, happy people holding hands...

A future of happy, shiny people in white Priuses, clear blue skies, rainbows, green fields, sunshine and happiness. It will be blissful. :)

I've never seen a white 2nd gen Prius. I've seen a couple of white 1st gens, but all the 2nd gens around here are either black, blue or red.

I've seen grey and green Prius second gen cars...

Chris

I've never seen a white 2nd gen Prius. I've seen a couple of white 1st gens, but all the 2nd gens around here are either black, blue or red.

Hmmm...I can't recall if I've seen one either. The most common colors of 2nd gen models I've seen here are silver, dark gray, and gold. Once in a while a silver blue one, silver green or dark red, but rarely.

I would think I would see white ones here, since white seems to be the most common car color in the desert (reflects heat?).

I will enjoy driving my White Diamond Escalade ESV into my future. :P

I agree with Europe.

Although, my favourite colour is green... a rich, sultry, wet looking dark green.

I've seen quite a few white 2nd gen Priuses, but I've also owned two white cars...a Buick Regal, and my Jeep Grand Cherokee...I honestly think that most cars look good in white or black no matter what...other than keeping them clean, they are very attractive colors. Some cars just look hideous in other colors but don't look bad in those two or silver...so I can understand the choices...

Silver, and to a greater extent, black, do perform wonders for the appearances of some vehicles. And generally makes them classier looking too.

Silver, and to a greater extent, black, do perform wonders for the appearances of some vehicles. And generally makes them classier looking too.

I'll agree with this. Silver has worked well for the chromier exteriors of my LaCrosse and Regal.

For some reason, they don't work well on the Grand Prix and Monte Carlo. Those need to be white.

My general opinion is that a lighter metallic color (silver, light blue, and rarely seafoam green) are the most flattering for a car's apperance.

Certain cars look better in dark colors instead of light metallic or white, IMHO. I much prefer dark colors for the most part. On some cars, silver is such a predicable, dull choice--like on any Mercedes or BMW. For example, the CLS looks infinitely hotter IMHO in dark blue, dark maroon, or black than the predicable silver or white (there a lot of white Mercedes in AZ).

Certain highend cars look so incredible in white.

In cooler climates when it's a bright, crisp, winter evening and your white car is pristinely clean, just looks fantastic.

I've never seen a white Prius in any generation.

Ditto... I've seen Red, Blue, Black, Silver and my friend's color, beige (which wasn't their first choice, but didn't want to wait--they originally wanted Silver). I've only seen one green Prius.

I've never seen a white Prius in any generation.

Ditto... I've seen Red, Blue, Black, Silver and my friend's color, beige (which wasn't their first choice, but didn't want to wait--they originally wanted Silver). I've only seen one green Prius.

My friends Burt and Kathy have a white first gen, that shares a garage with a 40,000 mile pristine first gen MR2.

David, the librarian at the library where my 18 year old daughter tutors underprivilaged children, drives a white second gen.

It may be a regional thing, white Prius cars are common here in the midwest.

Chris

I agree with Europe.

Although, my favourite colour is green... a rich, sultry, wet looking dark green.

Just put that dark green on a 1950's cadillac, a mid 60's Mustang Fastback, or a first gen Jag E type and we are good.

Best green ever for the car was Verdero Green, on the 68 GTO and Firebird. We had neighbors growing up that had that color on a Bonneville...beautiful car.

Silver is the best color IMHO for most 60's GM cars. Ever seen a silver GTO or a silver first gen Camaro?

Actually the GTI looks good in that silver-grey they have for it...don't know if they have that color for the Rabbit, but I've seen TDI Jettas that color...NICE!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room