Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cory Wolfe

Well... As with Flybrian...

116 posts in this topic

I, too, am again considering selling my 300EX (ATV) and my GA for another car. I still don't know why, either. It's almost like it doesn't satisfy me anymore, but I mean, I do love it as I've said so many times. I just don't know what to do...

Anyways, this thread is just to get some suggestion IF I do decide I want to replace it. Please, no mention of a Fiero. It'll depress me. Also, I'm looking at being able to afford anything up to $4000 or $5000. Again, that's about the limit. It might even be less than that if I can't get as much as I think I can out of my vehicles...

-The first idea I've had is a 95 or 96 Saturn SC2 coupe as I posted in my boredom thread. Any opinions?

-The second idea I've had is an Acura Integra. Although, I'm not sure on its worth. Again, opinions?

And I'd like suggestions too...

I like the 95-96 SC2. It'd be a great replacement for the GA, if you can find one..

I, too, am again considering selling my 300EX (ATV) and my GA for another car. I still don't know why, either. It's almost like it doesn't satisfy me anymore, but I mean, I do love it as I've said so many times. I just don't know what to do...

[post="39565"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I feel bad for a future long-term girlfriend. Bwahahah j/k.

Get this...
Posted Image
...you know you want to. You can be Hell's unemployed.

BTW, I'm trading nothing, guys. Its like we're having an intervention or something. I'd only ever be trading money for another car. :P

Do we need to take into consideration insurance and all that? you can find an early 4th gen Z/28 for around that price i'm sure...(or maybe in your case, a firebird)...or maybe an e30 3 series? I dunno if you're into those, but my friend found a 1988 325 in really clean shape and low miles for 4 grand. They are very fun, solid cars and have a huge aftermarket if you're into that and the car has been very reliable for him. From the sounds of it, you want a car, so I wont go into trucks or SUV's. You could find a later 90's civic in your price range easily and I'm sure they are decent cars. I'll think about it and give you some more ideas later...

You could probably get into a '98 Beetle for that kind of money if it has high miles. Wouldn't that just be so precious? :blink: :lol:

You could find a later 90's civic in your price range easily and I'm sure they are decent cars. I'll think about it and give you some more ideas later...

lol... Yeah, I know. There's a 99 Civic EX I really want for...$10,000. :lol: Talk about overpriced when the only vehicles more expensive than it at that dealership are newer SUVs... :rolleyes: :P

Anyways, as much as I don't mind older vehicles, a Fiero is really the only one I'm willing to take a chance with. I'd like something that's from 1993-ish to 1999-ish, if possible.

integras hold up pretty well. they've got decent interiors (a touch cheapish, but... better than a saturn's by miles), they're pretty peppy (even the LS models)... and they're pretty reliable! i might also recommend a prelude. ;-)

yea, a prelude would be a cool car...and I know you said you didnt want to hear talk of fieros, but may I ask what the reason for you not being able tog et one is? Do your parents not want you to have one or something? I think that's the reason if i remember correctly...

and I know you said you didnt want to hear talk of fieros, but may I ask what the reason for you not being able tog et one is? Do your parents not want you to have one or something? I think that's the reason if i remember correctly...

Yes... that's why. They have some sort of -what's-it-called- against them. No matter how much proof I show them, they still think its death trap and (what really pissed me off) that its a "queer car". On top of that they think insurance rates will be through the roof (how can it be any worse than a Firebird that they were willing to let me have?). Yeah, I don't pay for insurance... for now, atleast.

Yeah. I suggested a HOT ASS black '86 GT V6 Fiero to him but he said his parents are standing in the way of him getting one.

On top of that they think insurance rates will be through the roof (how can it be any worse than a Firebird that they were willing to let me have?).

[post="39594"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, how about a Firebird?

NOW we know the rest of the story. Vipes' parents don't want him to have a Fiero because of their concerns over the "Q" word. I don't think the Fiero is "queer", but I guess your dad does, for some reason?

So... why didn't you take a Firebird if they offered to help you buy one, Vipes? A nice V6 Firebird would be a good choice.

Ocn... I really was too pissed at the time. Anyone who remembers the thread I started when this happened could probably concur. I just had nothing to do with them for about a month afterwards... So, actually, it kind of just slipped my mind, but I would have been buying it regardless. Them... help me? :lol:

A Firebird would be cool, though. I'm just hesitant because of the old mathematical equation "16y/o + RWD + PA snow = not good". Rain, too, as that's how my cousin wrecked his Firebird after having his license for two weeks. That and I really want a manual, but as far as I can remember... V6 Firebirds didn't come with sticks. Or did early 4th gens with the DOHC 3.4 come with one? I forget... Also, I'm really trying to stick with a 4cyl for gas mileage.

Oh, forgot about the Prelude mention... Yeah, they're cool as well. I'd love to find one for cheap. Either last gen or the one before it.

BTW, anybody remember that car TRC was talking about? I forget..

as far as i know, V6 firebirds always came stickshift! and fortunately for you, that brilliant, wonderful and horribly unreliable mechanical nightmare of the 3.4 TDC motor never wound up in the F-bodies.

Oh, yeah... I meant the OHV 3.4. :P Still, I can't recall atleast the 3800 ever having a manual. IDK... I'm tired and forget. :wacko:

OMG Vipes. Are you retarded?! IDK about the '93-95 3.4 in the F-Bodies, but the STANDARD transmission on the '96-02 3.8 F-bodies was a 5 speed manual. The option was a 4 speed auto.

1995-2001 Sunfire? 99 GA? I saw a 2dr SE with like 80ish miles for like 4000.....

Yes, NOS... I am... :D

Anyways, I did a little search on Auto Trader. Gave me some ideas... take a look and give opinions.

[post="39658"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The 3-Series and 9-3 look pretty good if you want to go with something upscale. I'm not sure about the maintainence costs.

The Dodge Avenger looks pretty cool to me (I know zero about them, though).

As an aside, I wouldn't wish a Neon on my worst enemy.

You could check out some 240SXs and Celicas, too. Edited by VarianceJ30

Hmm... if I already had my vehicles sold, I think I'd seriously consider this.

[post="39681"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

niice. it's a little ricey with the monster tach and the wheels, but it's a gorgeous color. we could totally start the C&G honda club!

we could totally start the C&G honda club!

lol... yeah... :D

Anyways, here's another I've found that's not too bad. Integra. Although it seems a little weird that it's titled as a Civic. :P It's also more affordable...

What kind of Pontiac fanatic would you be if you dont buy a Pontiac? Get a Grand Prix GTP coupe

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0