Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris_Doane

GM @ NAIAS '09: 2010 Cadillac SRX

39 posts in this topic

Exterior is much more dynamic, but the interior has several issues that IMO make it a downgrade over the current model. The smaller size and drivetrain certainly do not excite me much, either.

Nice vehicle! I like the attention to detail (see: Cadillac script on the rear hatch chrome bar). I still think they should have gotten rid of the chrome vent on the side...it detracts from an otherwise fairly clean design.

Not much of an improvement over the current SRX, hm?

it is from the standpoint of marketability.

this one will score with women (someone caddy desperately needs in the stable). plus, this is a 'crossover'. the now prior srx was a 'wagon'. this new one has hotter styling.

not to mention this can sell at lower price points and higher volume.

not to mention this can sell at lower price points and higher volume.

well pricing is supposed to be the same.... so hopefully just higher volume.

Exterior is much more dynamic, but the interior has several issues that IMO make it a downgrade over the current model.

What is your issue with the interior?

How much does the SRX share with the upcoming Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain?? Also, since the Equinox & SRX are being shown at the Detroit show, does this mean the Terrain will be shown at Chicago, or will it wait to New York??

great. while infiniti brings us the manly FX45, Porsche has the broad shouldered Cayenne, BMW's X5 kept its muscularity and traded nothing for extra refinement to its look, Mercedes dropped the minivan sctick and got new religion with a superb ML, Acura's motherly MDX converted into a techy bold brute..........while all this was happening, CADILLAC, of the brute sophisticate Escalade fame, brought us a flinty SRX to do battle with seemingly no one going after a cute ute in terms of size and proportions, and a soft flower in terms of looks. oh so sweet it is. It seems the first gen SRX was hindered by Cadillac's strict adherence to the science design theme 1.0 and the structure's hard points. in this iteration the proportions of theta have gotten in the way, along with wanting to translate all of the themes going in the CTS sedan. pity the interior also looks kinda cheap from photos, but there it reallly is hard to tell the final outcome. as i've been saying all along those controls, which are grafted straight from CTS minus the faux alluminum finish on the center stack, those controls look cheap, and the looks don't lie in this case. the interior still looks like in person it could be a winner, but it's hard to say the interior on looks alone tops anything in its class. this will appeal to suburaban moms, but urban trendsetters will stay away and opt for more fashionable choices.

Edited by turbo200

What is your issue with the interior?

Interior downgrades:

1) Seating

2) Comfort (major drop in width)

3) Storage (loses handy dash cubby)

4) Ambiance (not enough wood)

5) Questionable plastics (live photos make the plastics look cheap. I want to judge it in person, but the outgoing model has a very nice interior, though the design could be more cohesive. Materials are very nice.)

Basically, new models should offer more than outgoing models. The only "upgrade" I see to this interior is the dash design--not necessarily dash materials or "things" available on the dash.

Maybe I'd be more inclined to like it if it were called something other than SRX, but this would be akin to Cadillac bringing out a really nice Delta compact and calling it DTS. It just doesn't work.

It's.....still a FWD Caddy :nono:

The new SRX is the same length as the Acura RDX. That ain't right.

rdx is a joke by the way. but the press doesn't seem to mind it.

According to the Wikipedia page, the new SRX is a couple tenths wider than the current, but lower and significantly shorter.

rdx is a joke by the way. but the press doesn't seem to mind it.

The turbo-4 idea is a fantastic idea for Subaru, because they know what they're doing. Acura, not so much.

According to the Wikipedia page, the new SRX is a couple tenths wider than the current, but lower and significantly shorter.

2009 Width: 72.6 in.

2010 Width (in / mm): 75.1 / 1910

Wiki has the 2010 at 72.8.

Still, even with an extra 2.5 inches of width, its way shorter and lower, it doesn't have the presence. It does have the overhangs. Not what Cadillac needs.

Wiki has the 2010 at 72.8.

Still, even with an extra 2.5 inches of width, its way shorter and lower, it doesn't have the presence. It does have the overhangs. Not what Cadillac needs.

You know what they say about wiki's credibility. :P

BUt I agree nonetheless, just pointing it out.

Edited by Dodgefan

what is the wheelbase? sigmas all have long wheelbase. this must be around 108 inches for such huge overhangs. that' my official guess.

in the FWIW department, my aztek, which is also a GM crossover, i think the wheelbase is around 108 inches and it makes for a nice turning circle and doesn't feel so long like the flex does.

2009 Width: 72.6 in.

2010 Width (in / mm): 75.1 / 1910

No way in hell are those apples-to-apples width comparisons. If they were, then GM has serious packaging issues to widen a vehicle by several inches but lose significant amounts of hip and shoulder room.

My guess: one of those width measurements includes side mirrors, and the other does not.

No way in hell are those apples-to-apples width comparisons. If they were, then GM has serious packaging issues to widen a vehicle by several inches but lose significant amounts of hip and shoulder room.

My guess: one of those width measurements includes side mirrors, and the other does not.

I'm just going by what the official specs releases are. Insideline also reports that the SRX is 2 inches wider.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0