What will my next new vehicle be?

Camino LS6

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got thinkin about the asses of cars. It occurred to me, that when I photograph a car I almost always take the shot from the rear. Whereas most seem to always take photos of the fronts of cars. Just a passing thought on a Saturday evening....

You will buy a 2010 Camaro...there aren't any other choices, so just calm yourself and accept the inevitability...shhhh, it's ok....

You know, I just got thinkin' what a fun theme for a thread would be. Let's say a whole group of us C&G people stay home on a Fri or Sat nite, and totally get wasted together....'The Wasted' .....and just see how the postings go. We'd be in a virtual bar, talking cars and stuff.

Edited by HarleyEarl

I'm sure the Camaro will drive just fi....wait...how much does it weigh? Wow, that almost as much as my 1989 Buick Lesabre Estate, and that thing handles like $h!.

I'm trying to hold my tongue until I can test drive a Camaro like the theoretical LS RS that I was considering to buy, but I honestly don't think the F5 will be necessarily "nimble." It's going to be a big car. And for perspective, here are the dimensions of the F5 Camaro versus my '72 Cutlass:

1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 350 V8:

• Curb weight: 3,515 lb
  • Wheelbase: 112 in (Coupe models)
  • Overall length: 201.7 in
  • Overall width: 76.8 in

2010 Chevrolet F5 Camaro 3.6L V6:

• Curb weight: 3741 lb (LS w/ manual)
  • Wheelbase: 112.3 in
  • Overall length: 190.4 in
  • Overall width: 75.5 in

Look at that! It's almost as big as my Cutlass is! A unibody, V6 Camaro should not weigh more and be almost as big (the Cutlasss is about 10 in. longer than the Camaro and the Camaro is less than an inch narrower than the Cutlass) as a body-on-frame, V8-powered classic car.

Edited by YellowJacket894

I feel a new obsession coming on:

http://www.wiesmann-auto-sport.de/ewirstart.html

I'm even in love with their philosophy.

Top Gear did a piece on the Wiesmann a while back, a comparo with one of the Morgans. I'm drawn to the Morgan Aeromax (except for the wierd headlights)...the rear end and proportions are so cool, so defiantly RWD in a world of conformist FWD genericism...

aeromax05_02.jpg

aeromax05_03.jpg

Scotland is on my life list.

I have yet to make it that far north.... I've been to the UK 5 times since '00, but only in England (mostly London and the SE)...I want to explore Northumbria, Snowdonia and Scotland eventually....I've been watching Top Gear, Rick Steves travel shows, reading Fodors and Frommers guides for my Europe fix lately..

There's an episode of Top Gear on my TiVo from last Spring where Clarkson drives a Jag XK convertible along the coast somewhere in Scotland...incredible scenery.

This house in the highlands would make a great vacation home, if I could get broadband, and have a Land Rover Defender...

scottish-highlands-house.jpg

Edited by moltar