What will my next new vehicle be?

Camino LS6

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camino, there's a quote I have that I think may help you deal with this situation and motivate you to put your anger towards something more positive:

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

Walt Disney

Anyway, getting back to the point of this topic, I'll post a picture of ocnblu's previous vehicle, the 2007 GMC Sierra, as a reminder of how nice that truck was, especially the sound of the custom exhaust, as my suggestion (although I know you said you were through with GM, you can't deny how nice these new trucks are):

DriverSide-1.jpg

And if you must, a regular cab, shortbed Chevy Silverado is *almost* just as nice as the GMC Sierra :neenerneener:

2007-Chevrolet-Silverado-Regular-Cab-Z71

If I was in the market right now, it would be the Pontiac G8 in base form. While there are things about it I am not crazy about, the proportions are more restrained and in good taste than the GP that preceded it (though, for the umpteenth time, I love the engine in the base GP, as I currently own two of those engines).

I would take a G8 over the next-gen LaCrosse any day of the week. The G8 looks good from virtually every angle.

So that's my answer right now, given what is, and what will be, on the market.

Let's see--I predict you will decide to go with a Pontiac above all else---not a coupe, not RWD. Not a sedan.

You will buy the new G3 and bring driving excitement to your life. YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT!!! G3! G3! G3! G3!

You know you want one. :P

2008AudiA501.jpg

BV, the A5 is hawt!

Tsk, tsk....that's an S5. :D

With an A5, you'll have to tint the windows so you don't go paranoid from the stares, it's that hot. Doane's prolly got ALL the chicks since he bought his.

It does seem to get a lot of looks but that's not why I got the windows tinted. Bleech, certainly not for the chicks either!

Tsk, tsk....that's an S5. :D

It does seem to get a lot of looks but that's not why I got the windows tinted. Bleech, certainly not for the chicks either!

Heh-heh...I'd tint the windows because of the glare of the sun and the 115 degree heat.

What's your price limit, Camino?

Tough question.

My plan had been to get a G8 ST in model year 2011 (I was hoping for a GXP version with the manual).

So now, I may delay a bit longer to the 2012 MY.

I'd say that low 40k's would be the upper limit, and I'd be trying to keep it much lower if I could get what I really want.

Think Firebird Formula as opposed to T/A - all the grunt but without the fluff.

To get your Pontiac truck fix that the G8 ST would have provided, get a Canyon (it is a BPG truck), remove the GMC badges, duct tape a pair of Pontiac nostrils over the grille, and glue on some V-crest badges.. :)