Cadillac World Thorium Fuel Car Concept

Z-06

Linkity

Cadillac World Thorium Fuel Car Concept

cad_wtc_conc.jpg

Here's another one from the world of unlimited conceptual design: the Cadillac World Thorium Fuel concept. Otherwise known as the Cadillac WTF. Created by Loren Kulesus, everything about the WTF has been created to last 100 years without maintenance. That's the reason for the element number ninety, thorium: to act as a nuclear fuel powering batteries that would power the car.

Elsewhere, every major system is redundant in case of a failure. And the wheels don't have individual tires - in fact, what's located at each corner is one combined unit made up of six individual wheels. That gives you 24 wheels in total, and each wheel has its own induction motor. Said Kulesus, "The vehicle would require the tires to be adjusted every five years, but no material would need to be added or subtracted." Here's to the future. While you wait for it, have a look at the Cadillac WTC in the gallery of high-res photos below.

From the designer Loren Kulesus' own website:

The Cadillac of Cadillacs- For the 100th anniversary of Cadillac I designed a car built to last another 100 years on the same fuel source. This car is an exercise in design for the brand Cadillac, sustainability, and social influence.

This vehicle was designed with high-quality materials that are build to resist 100-years of daily use. There are redundancies built for all the major systems of the vehicle so even if something were to fail on the vehicle it would continue to function. This is why the vehicle has 24 wheels with individual internal induction motors. The vehicle would require the tires to be adjusted every 5 years, but no material would need to be added or subtracted.

The entire body of this vehicle flexes like a muscle to allow very intuitive handling characteristics- the angle of the wheels to the contact surface of the road automatically adjusts according to the movement of the vehicle maximizing the energy used to power the vehicle.

Thorium is as common in the earth's crust as tin and is not fissile the same way Uranium and Plutonium are, and poses less threat to create a weapon of mass destruction. Instead the Thorium is used to power programs of batch instruction that function as the vehicles nervous system. When discussing the safety of actiniod fuel sources it is important to consider the annual US health bill that results from the burning of hydrocarbon fuel (look it up- it's scary).

This vehicle is designed to last 100 years without a fuel-up. The surplus power generated from its Thorium reactor can be used to give back to the grid, power a neighborhood, or recharge other electric battery-equipped devices. Designed with safety in mind, the reactor has multiple scuttle devices to poison the sub-critical reaction in case of extreme abuse, and the reactor's exterior is designed to withstand all unauthorized or accidental tampering.

Thorium as sustainable high-energy-yield power source

Death to disposable design

The centennial Cadillac designed to last another 100 years

Art and Science

energy awareness- don't knock nuclear until you know how bad coal and petrol are; we should always research every possibility not out of fear or despair but simply to enrich the unfathomable absurd

Really? Your're looking at it and reading the description and still wondering why GM wanted nothing to do with this?

Considering where the brains of the Renaissance center are these days, that was a legit question. :P

:mind-blowing: WOW, I actually like it!!! :mind-blowing:

Course what would be a comment without discussing the marketing and sales of a vehicle like this.

"Muslims Unit" You can now send your Bombers in Luxury to Meet Allaha and get their 72 Virgins in style with the New Nuclear Fueled Cadillac. Support America, Buy America and Blow them up.

All this and more for a low low price of $1,000,000 per car upfront, this includes a $7000 instant rebate from GM.

:neenerneener:

Perfect for the lazy, mechanically uneducated import owner never to worry about something going wrong.

Oh, it says one of those wheel motor thingies is broke... oh well, I still have 23.

Oh, it says one of those wheel motor thingies is broke... oh well, I still have 22.

Oh, it says one of those wheel motor thingies is broke... oh well, I still have 21.

Oh, it says one of those wheel motor thingies is broke... oh well, I still have 20.

Oh, it says one of those wheel motor thingies is broke... oh well, I still have 19.

Oh, it says one of those wheel motor thingies is broke... oh well, I still have 18.

Hmm, WTF, my WTF likes to pull to the right a lot.

Oh, it says one of those wheel motor thingies is broke... oh well, I still have 17.

Oh, it says one of those wheel motor thingies is broke... oh well, I still have 16.

Wow, this thing sure is slow lately... and what's that grinding noise. Good thing I have a warranty.

Oh, it says one of those wheel motor thingies is broke... oh well, I still have 15.

Darn, it won't move. How do I call a tow truck again?

This isn't right, it was supposed to last 100 years without EVER having anything go wrong with it. What did I pay for?

It's going to cost HOW MUCH to fix ONE of those wheel motor thingies?!

How many of those wheel motor thingies are broken?!

Typical GM garbage! LEMON LAW!