PayPal

balthazar

As one who automatically creeps towards new tech like a bashful baby spider, I recently set-up a PayPal account, but I'm finding their site non-intuitive, and I see nothing that ID's my account, like a.... well.... account number.

In other words, what do I give to another person so they can send-me-the-money ??

Your email address is your PayPal id. I've used it for years with eBay. Very easy to use, never had any problems. I've used to pay for eBay auction wins as well as to pay for items from online merchants. Much more efficient way to move money (at least from the buyers perspective) than such 20th century artifacts as 'checks' and 'money orders', IMHO.

Edited by moltar

My only issue with Paypal is that it takes forever to add funds directly from a bank account. I figured it would take a day or two, but it turns out it takes a week. Adding a credit card solved that problem.

+1

I had a transaction go wrong on eBay. So, I refunded the guys money. He kept sending me very angry emails about me ripping him off.

Come to find out, it took PayPal almost 2 weeks to put the money back in his account.

Unfortunately, a lot of parts people on eBay ONLY accept PayPal. Personally, I like the tried and trusted Postal Money Order method.

>>"Unfortunately, a lot of parts people on eBay ONLY accept PayPal"<<

Thusly the reason for me setting up an account- eBay now MANDATES PayPal as a payment method as of Oct... of course because they get a % from every transaction. Fabulously greedy bastards. Apparently a buyer can ask to pay by check, etc, but the seller cannot in any way suggest they accept that.

IIRC, a personal PayPal account doesn't regualrly 'take a chunk out' of incoming payments- but commercial accounts do.

Sigh- I'll give it a trial run....

>>"Unfortunately, a lot of parts people on eBay ONLY accept PayPal"<<

Thusly the reason for me setting up an account- eBay now MANDATES PayPal as a payment method as of Oct... of course because they get a % from every transaction. Fabulously greedy bastards. Apparently a buyer can ask to pay by check, etc, but the seller cannot in any way suggest they accept that.

IIRC, a personal PayPal account doesn't regualrly 'take a chunk out' of incoming payments- but commercial accounts do.

Sigh- I'll give it a trial run....

They are theives, they are slow, you can't trust them.

That sums up both ebay and paypal these days.