I miss buffalo wild wings

I love chicken wings.

When I used to travel extensively for work, my friends turned me onto BW3s as they called it.

Sometimes, it would get so crazy that we would eat 5 dinners a week at the place because it had all the young man's staple foods:

wings

beer

onion rings

salad

I wish somebody would build one in Fresno.

Umm...I haven't been to a BW3s in ages...they have some out here in the Phoenix area, but all out in the burbs. When I lived in Kent, Ohio from '88-94 I used to frequent the one there, was one of the original stores, when it was still Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck. There is a decent local wing chain called Long Wong's that I go to when I have a wing craving, also the Wing Stop chain has a few stores here.

Some chains I miss from the Denver area are Noodles & C and Smashburger (though I hear they are expanding here)..

Edited by moltar

There wouldn't be any tofu anything in Fresno. The Central Valley is not uppity / granola / politically correct like the Bay Area.

My impression is the Central Valley has more in common w/ the agricultural Midwest than the rest of California.. I've been to Sacramento, the surrounding area strangely felt like western Ohio.

Haven't been down to Fresno or Bakersfield...worked with a guy from Bakersfield, he described it pretty negatively ("hellhole", IIRC).

Edited by moltar

Health food is not something that is popular in Fresno. Tofu also makes men's breasts grow and other strange stuff.

yup. soy is for chicks.

Why would you eat soy with all those protein rich almonds in Fresno? Also, Fresno is like the turkey capital of California.

My favorite wings place in the San Diego area is Wings and Things. I think I have been to a place near modesto called Buffalo Wings and Rings and it was pretty good too.

Why would you eat soy with all those protein rich almonds in Fresno? My favorite wings place in the San Diego area is Wings and Things. I think I have been to a place near modesto called Buffalo Wings and Rings and it was pretty good too.

In San Diego, Phil's BBQ. Wow.

I always go for the pre-shredded stuff, like what's in their beef and chicken combo meal, which is awesome.

Sidebar: roasted almonds from the Central Valley are awesome...one must stop at the sampling places off 99 between Fresno and LA

Edited by trinacriabob

My impression is the Central Valley has more in common w/ the agricultural Midwest than the rest of California.. I've been to Sacramento, the surrounding area strangely felt like western Ohio.

Good call...living in the foothill suburbs to the east is palatable...oaks, slightly rolling hills, parched yellow/brown in summer, 100 degrees and rattlesnakes sunning themselves...in the winter, heading west to the Coastal Range is like encountering a carpet of green and there are some scary towns far north of the Bay Area and the Wine Country...with Lake County (Clear Lake) reputed to be a one big meth lab.

There was this billboard just north of Fresno in Madera for this place called Oasis. They used to have "nut tasting" there. Always made us laugh when we would read the sign. Gutterminds.

Fresno is just a little slice of Kansas, only we have irrigation here instead of just waiting for rain. Oh and no BW3s.

There's nothing wrong with tofu, and it's certainly not "granola" or "chick food" or "health food"... people have been eating it for centuries, and most tofu dishes are quite tasty.

It's the newfangled "textured soy protein" meat substitute crap, and I suppose that can be considered granola.

Edited by empowah

Let's see....one in Canton, Dearborn, Westland, Ypsi....I know I'm forgetting one somewhere.....

Uh, are there two in Ypsi now? I know the new one is open, but did the old one in downtown Ypsi stay open too?

Also, there is one in downtown A^2. And the Novi location.

Hmm, maybe I've been to too many. I remember when the Lake Orion one was the only one in SE MI, and we used to drive there from the Clem to eat wings during "Dime Time" Tuesday nights.

EDIT: now you got me curious... there are 35 shown on the BW3 website in the state (although they didnt list the one under construction in Port Huron/Fort Gratiot I saw the other day)... and I have been to 15 out of the 35 in the state. Not to mention locations in Ohio (many of the originals), Missouri, and other places I have travelled.

But I also love Quaker Steak & Lube. Get me some Suicide sauce... yes... (oh yeah, some PC fool demanded they rename it, so now its called Supercharged)

Edited by Olds Guy

Uh, are there two in Ypsi now? I know the new one is open, but did the old one in downtown Ypsi stay open too?

Hmm, maybe I've been to too many. I remember when the Lake Orion one was the only one in SE MI, and we used to drive there from the Clem to eat wings during "Dime Time" Tuesday nights.

But I also love Quaker Steak & Lube. Get me some Suicide sauce... yes... (oh yeah, some PC fool demanded they rename it, so now its called Supercharged)

Not wings, but something from Ann Arbor I miss is BD's Mongolian BBQ.... I remember when they opened there in '96 or so. There is one in Denver that opened in '99, but none in AZ. And Zingerman's Deli. And Steve's Lunch (a Korean joint downtown). And the little silver trailer all-night greasy diner...don't recall the name.

EDIT: now you got me curious... there are 35 shown on the BW3 website in the state (although they didnt list the one under construction in Port Huron/Fort Gratiot I saw the other day)... and I have been to 15 out of the 35 in the state. Not to mention locations in Ohio (many of the originals), Missouri, and other places I have travelled.

Yeah, I remember....Haven't been to the Novi one since last year....

Still good stuff though.

Most of of my "get togethers" seem to end up there.....