CONSUMER REPORTS

regfootball

We all know how much consumer reports sucks at selecting their favorite cars.

Well, I read their recent coffee article where they said 'eight o clock' coffee was the 'best'. I do know its the CHEAPEST.

So, needing to conserve $$$$ lately, I bit, and in lieu of the starbucks....I got some of this crap.

Tried it.

EWEEEEEEEEE. How the FFFFFFKKKKK does this stuff win a comparo over starbucks and caribou?

I end up blending the 8 o clock beans with some french roast starbucks i wasn't using, in order to get the stuff drinkable.

OY. CONSUMER REPORTS IS USELESS!!!!

CR tested beer a few years back. It was hysterically funny.

They rated Honda's "Accord Lite" as the best brew. Imagine my shock. ^_^

Can't wait to see their review of buttwipe. I'm sure their very own pages will come out on top of the ratings.

yeah, the starbucks french roast is what i am blending into the 8 o clock columbian to make it drinkable. the french roast on its own is a bit much for me.....i am warming up to it though. Since being out of work, i figured I can cease my 3.50 a day starbucks or caribou habit. XL coffee with 2 shots added. Although buying good whole bean coffee isn't that much cheaper seemingly. I mowed through a bad of starbucks columbian in a week and a half. I suppose that's 40 bucks worth of depth charges for 7 bucks, but still. Thankfully, my machine at home uses a permanent filter.

I don't know how you can drink Starbucks, or any of the European style coffees. Way too strong for my tastes. Plus I don't like parting with $5 per coffee. Give me better tasting $1.49 Tim Hortons anyday. Other donut shop coffee will suffice in a pinch (Country Style, Coffee Time).

$5 a cup at Starbucks? Sucks to be Canadian I guess...I don't know what the prices are for hot coffee, but an iced venti is $2.65 in LA, $2.68 in Indy.

$5 a cup at Starbucks? Sucks to be Canadian I guess...I don't know what the prices are for hot coffee, but an iced venti is $2.65 in LA, $2.68 in Indy.

My usual venti White Chocolate Mocha w/ triple shot is like $4.75 or so here in Phoenix. I only do the iced in the summer, and usually buy the Starbucks bottled coffee drinks at the grocery.

My usual venti White Chocolate Mocha w/ triple shot is like $4.75 or so here in Phoenix. I only do the iced in the summer, and usually buy the Starbucks bottled coffee drinks at the grocery.

No disrespect intended, but that's a frou-frou drink. You start adding the milk, powders, syrups, extra shots, etc. and of course the price goes up. I'm talking about "coffee"--hot or iced. Never anywhere near $5.

No disrespect intended, but that's a frou-frou drink. You start adding the milk, powders, syrups, extra shots, etc. and of course the price goes up. I'm talking about "coffee"--hot or iced. Never anywhere near $5.

I never get plain coffee at Starbucks... I always go for the primo stuff. I can fix plain Starbucks coffee at home. I usually only go to Starbucks once or twice a week..the lines at the one at work are too long usually, and the one near home always has a long line in the drive thru. But Sunday morning, it hits the spot. I also like the seasonal drinks, like the Pumpkin Spice Latte and Peppermint Latte.

Edited by moltar

Starbucks = one of the companies on "Deathwatch 2009"

Oh it wouldn't surprise me at all, honestly. They lost sight of their core business model about two years ago, and their recent disasterous diversions into energy shots, protein smoothies, and pinkberry/citrus "Sorbetto" concoctions have done nothing for them except waste crucial money in outfitting all their stores with ovens for the short-lived breakfast sandwiches, circulating machines (think Slurpee machines) for their California test-stores for the "Sorbetto" concoctions that lasted, what, 3 months and were a bitch and a half to clean and keep clean...

Of course, the company wants to appeal to non-coffee people...BUT THEY HAVE ALL THOSE DAMN TAZO TEA BLENDS THEY DO NOTHING CREATIVE WITH AND RARELY PROMOTE!!

Where are the "FrappuTeano" blended tea beverages? At least they have their Vanilla Rooibos, London Fog, and Apple Chai offerings now that they're promoting...but it isn't like this is terribly complicated. No one wanting a smoothie or protein shake is going to think "Gotta get that at Starbucks!" with Jamba, Robeck's, Smoothie King, and a whole host of others out there who have made THAT their sole mission. But being a coffee shop...and tea room isn't much of a stretch.

I have just never gotten into the pretentiousness of Starbucks.

most of the smaller strip mall starbucks are pretty unpretentious. and stocked with good looking babes (guy and gal :) ) behind the counters.

starbucks as a whole has watered their image down over the last 5-10 years out of neccessity but the face remains as croc said the coffee and service quality remain very consistent.

contrast that with mcdonalds. McD's has overall good service but their food is atrocious. They need to fix that or they will fade away very fast.