Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Satty

I have a million things that need to be done today

51 posts in this topic

But I have absolutely no motivation.

In my defense, I've already:

--Moved my parts car to a secure location

--Fixed the old Gateway laptop thats been sitting around for months, just needs a new battery

--Programmed the new TV so the channel up/down buttons will actually do something

You got a parts car? For the LeSabre?

Speaking of Buick wagons. There are two Buick Roadmaster Wagons for sale just a few miles from me. Hmmmm...

Hey you got something done today, so don't beat yourself up too much if you end up being lazy for the rest of it. :P

This morning at 4am I did a water change of the aquarium, cleaned out the disgusting filter (there was brown fish gunk/sludge covering every part of the inside of it), replaced all of the nasty algae covered tubes with shiny new ones, put in a new airstone, hooked yup a 2nd air pump, and put some extra decorations back in. Also cleaned the glass and lid.

• Then I did what needed to be done for work (2 posters and a website update)
  • Formatted my new Corsair Survivor :wub:
  • Took a nap at 6 and got up at 11:30
  • Met with my boss and got paid.
  • Put the money in the bank
  • Went to Shaws and did some shopping
  • Made a kickass grilled lemon pepper tuna fillet sandwich with provolone and on fresh ciabatta bread.
  • Oh and yesterday I replaced my broken windshield washer fluid nozzle on the Intrepid. Thanks WMJ! :thumbsup:

I hereby give myself permission to be lazy for the rest of the day. :D

Although I may give Atlantic auto a call about engines.

You got a parts car? For the LeSabre?

Yep, got an old Olds, mainly for the carb and a few other odds 'n ends. The car is on its last legs, but at least pieces of it will live on. I may keep an Olds badge or script and put it on the Buick someplace, just as a reminder of where many of the little parts (not to mention engine) came from.

I've gotten a little more accomplished, but now its time to do nothing, I've got pizza, beer and Bull Durham is on Encore.

Atlantic had no engines for me. :(

Half a low mileage 3.5 on eBay. Linkypoo

Edited by Satty

With the Brain Trust meeting tonight, I've been scurrying about making sure I have the necessary supplies to keep everyone satiated and on track. I made a bunch of chocolate chip cookies, a couple gallons of sweet tea, and some homemade pizzas are ready to be thrown in. And beer, there is plenty of beer. Its gonna be a long night.

Let's see, what did I do today? Well, we drove to Praia Grande, about 75 minutes from Sao Paulo over some very cool mountains and through some amazing tunnels and sat on the beach. That was after an exhausting 5 minute walk to our favorite breakfast spot (which actually sells coffee the way I like it, not capuccino style).

I have a bit of a sunburn now, despite wearing an 8 block, so I am going to apply some 'after tan' lotion and hit Avenida Paulista for dinner. I get to practice my Portuguese because the BF has run off to the other end of the city to meet up with a girl that used to work for him when he managed at McDonald's a decade or so ago. Avenida Paulista is amazing. Lots of cool buildings from the '50s and '60s along there. Lots of college students to oggle over, too, I might add. (After all, I am alone this evening.)

My big plans for tomorrow are to take some shots of an 'auto mall' of sorts on Consolocao, about 3 blocks from here: there is a Chevy store next to a VW store, next to a Ford store. I see a lot of Fusions around here. The BF is having surgery tomorrow: getting hair implants. [sighs] He turns 40 in December, so I guess this is his version of a mid-life crisis. He got the Sagitarian tatoo on his back Tuesday.

I would have preferred a red C4.

Had a busy day myself, today.

Among the many tasks was the removal of the engine from a Lotus.

With all of this British car smell all over me, I wonder if my wagon will want to let me it drive when I next find the time. My dogs are already pissed that I'm gone so much, they got used to having me around most days during the majority of the Winter.

Had the opposite problem today. Nothing to do all day, so I dusted off the Canon AE-1 and telephoto lens and basically walked around campus and downtown taking pics of random stuff. I thought about developing them myself, but I dont have the darkroom setup right now.

Edited by Satty

Had the opposite problem today. Nothing to do all day, so I dusted off the Cannon AE-1 and telephoto lens and basically walked around campus and downtown taking pics of random stuff. I thought about developing them myself, but I dont have the darkroom setup right now.

canon%20logo.jpg

I'm going to take a picture of my balls and post it.

I'll PM it to you then. I'll use the Canon, maybe do a little makeup, it'll be a B&W pic, so total class is what you'll be getting.

You should forward it to NOS, I'm sure he would enjoy it. :P

lol did everyone have a AE-1? I have sitting one around here somewhere. I think the battery inside it needs to be replaced since last time i used it the pics looked like crap.

Actually the Powershot SX10 IS is the first Canon camera I've ever had. As far as nice 35mm cameras go, we have a couple of Olympus camera and a Minolta.

My AE-1 is about as old as I am. My dad got a new camera and gat the Canon to my sister. Then she got a new camera and gave the Canon to me. Its kinda like a family heirloom. And it still takes great pics.

The older Olympus was my mom's...I don't know what happened to it, but I remember the shutter stopped working properly. The newer one is nice, I used it along with the Minolta for my photography class. Te Minolta was my grandfather's When he passed away he gave it to me. It has 3 lenses, 3 or 4 filters, cleaning kit, 4 manuals, and some other stuff. Very handy because I use one of the polarizer filters on the Canon to protect it's lens.

Here is a shot of the Minolta

Old_School_by_Kimura_Shinjiru.jpg

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0