Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Firefox?

Is it becoming a major PC hog for anyone else? After the last few updates it has become agonizingly slow. I find myself using Chrome a lot more often now.

Ironically, one important site for me, Google Pages, doesn't render properly in Chrome, so I have to use Firefox for that.

I think the auto-correcting address bar that can have a negative effect as well. It's an awesome feature to seek out previously viewed pages with just one keyword, but that could be taking some memory. Even in IE, the Autocomplete can sometimes wreak havoc on my netbook.

Is it becoming a major PC hog for anyone else? After the last few updates it has become agonizingly slow. I find myself using Chrome a lot more often now.

Ironically, one important site for me, Google Pages, doesn't render properly in Chrome, so I have to use Firefox for that.

FF3 has been a dog for me on three systems... since 3.03 or so. I normally have 40-60 FF windows open, but right now, I can barely push 15 without things coming to a drag. And I've got lots of memory on most of my systems, with the swap disabled.

I have been using Opera more, and I'm thinking of downgrading to FF2, which was working fine.

FF3 has been a dog for me on three systems... since 3.03 or so. I normally have 40-60 FF windows open, but right now, I can barely push 15 without things coming to a drag. And I've got lots of memory on most of my systems, with the swap disabled.

I have been using Opera more, and I'm thinking of downgrading to FF2, which was working fine.

40-60 windows? (tabs?)... that's a lot...I rarely have more than 10 tabs open, with 2/4GB RAM on my machines... I've found that Chrome handles the same number of tabs more efficiently, with a considerably smaller memory usage footprint..

Edited by moltar

:rotflmao: IE6

Yeah it's great if you don't like tabs and enjoy using insecure, easily hackable internet browsing.

As for FF, my only complaint is that one of the resent updated caused my "new tab button" add-on to stop working. That feature is the only thing I like about IE7 and having it on FF was awesome. :(

As for performance, I have noticed that sometimes when I watch flash videos on newgrounds, once in a while the browser locks up for like 20 seconds, but never does it again until I restart the computer.

ff is using 66mb right now but when your running 15k SAS drives in raid an i7 @ 4.0 and 6 gigs of dd3. that's nothing. chrome= garbage i hate the logo and no difference from firefox. FF and IE use both on and off.

40-60 windows? (tabs?)... that's a lot...I rarely have more than 10 tabs open, with 2/4GB RAM on my machines... I've found that Chrome handles the same number of tabs more efficiently, with a considerably smaller memory usage footprint..

Not tabs, but full-on windows.

I never power off my systems. Including my laptop. And since I end up running from one project to another, it takes me weeks to come back to needing a particular window.

Sure bookmarks are more efficient, but bookmarks don't 'cache' the actual page.

I just noticed FF is asking to upgrade to 3.07 this morning.

I've been using Chrome more the last few days. But no matter which browser I'm using, C&G has been painfully slow. It started about the time the ads went up. Coincidence?

Yes, I found C&G painfully slow this morning w/ Chrome. I've tried it also today w/ IE and FF, but it's less slow now, but not that speedy either. Felt like a flashback to 1999 and dialup days.

Edited by moltar

I'm going to retract my previous statement: Firefox is being extremely slow lately. This is especially noticeable on newgrounds where the page takes a while to load, and there is noticeable lag when the movie window pops up. However I tried it on IE7 and it was lightning quick. I hope they fix the issue soon.

As for C&G It was slow when I did maintenance (obviously) and sometimes take a little longer to load, but this would have happened on the old server too if it didn't time out and crash.

Otherwise C&G runs fine.