CREAMPUFF LESABRE

My grandpa used to drive a 1984 LeSabre like this, jet black, and think it was a Limited. He passed away in 1990. My grandma does not drive and was unable to part with the Buick, so it has sat covered in a climate-controlled garage for almost 20 years. I've lifted up the cover a few times to take a peek and it's in perfect condition.

Yup, or to keep it all Buick, a built turbo 3.8.

I'd take that Coupe DeVille in a heartbeat, too, slap a set of Torquethrusts on it with some meaty blackwalls, and cruise.

and although it's mainly in cadi s today, you could slap a N* and 6 speed in the deville.... :D ... still "cadi"

Jee, I have the Pontiac and Chevrolet versions might as well get the Buick version too while I am at this. The Cadillac is cool except for the one thing. The overdone 4100 V8. If it had a normal engine it would be the cool of the cool. I do like the body style though and 2-doors of those are rare.

Nice Buick, but not $8300 nice.

For that much money I'd take a less mint but much more

collectible & historically important 1920s-1939 Buick.

19361942buickseries60ce.jpg

c1937buickroadmasterpas.jpg

1939buick.jpg

OoooOOooOoooOoh, lookit this: I love Gooogle. :lovey:

fa14b180.jpg

Nice Buick, but not $8300 nice.

For that much money I'd take a less mint but much more

collectible & historically important 1920s-1939 Buick.

heh-heh...a 20s-30s car would be ok to haul to car shows, but the '80s Buick is new enough to be a daily driver.

The only thing about these is that with so few miles you know they sat for some time. What is going to happen when you start driving them everyday? My 2 are SUMMER daily drivers. Thats how I would treat either one of these too. Hopefully the right person gets a hold of them. That is a huge price though for the both of them. Makes me wonder what mine are really worth?

I think I'd take the Buick over the Cadillac, both for the engine and the more comfortable looking seats. The Cadillac is 4.1 V8 equipped, which is synonymous with headache. The V8 in the Buick is of Oldsmobile lineage, thus a "Rocket"...that's awesome. Also, had it been a 4.1 V6, which was only around a couple of years, that could be good...but they had their mechanical gremlins which can be learned if one looks them up on various engine reference sites. Yes, those large early 80s sedan were attractive vehicles, with the Parisienne (or whatever it's called, depending on where you are) being the best looking.

I think I'd take the Buick over the Cadillac, both for the engine and the more comfortable looking seats. The Cadillac is 4.1 V8 equipped, which is synonymous with headache. The V8 in the Buick is of Oldsmobile lineage, thus a "Rocket"...that's awesome. Also, had it been a 4.1 V6, which was only around a couple of years, that could be good...but they had their mechanical gremlins which can be learned if one looks them up on various engine reference sites. Yes, those large early 80s sedan were attractive vehicles, with the Parisienne (or whatever it's called, depending on where you are) being the best looking.

I've long thought an '86 Caprice coupe (last year of the coupe, and only year w/ that front end/headlight combination) with a late model LS1 crate motor would be a fun project car.. Also, I always liked the early '80s Electra Park Avenues, esp. the coupes. I like the Delta 88s of that era a lot also, crisp clean lines.

Edited by moltar

I've long thought an '86 Caprice coupe (last year of the coupe, and only year w/ that front end/headlight combination) with a late model LS1 crate motor would be a fun project car..

I had thought about that if I ever strike it rich. Any 1980-87 will do. I am even not fussy about color. Just try finding one with good doors though.

Also, I always liked the early '80s Electra Park Avenues, esp. the coupes. I like the Delta 88s of that era a lot also, crisp clean lines.

I had the chance to work with a 1984 Buick Park Avenue. It had 260,000 miles but it was pretty well cared for. Dad and I ended up selling it though. Almost lucky we did since he died not long after that.

Beautiful LeSabre. I have a fondness for the full size BOF cars from this era, thought Buicks were the classiest.

A friend of mine just bought a 97 Lincoln Town Car Signature, light blue/blue leather, 50K miles, beautiful condition. He let me drive it and was amazed at its condition and really liked the floaty ride. It sent me back to my childhood.

Ahhh memories.