What a day!

This is why i cant have fast cars. I drove the vette to work today and on my way home i got pulled over for doing 147 of course that caused a whole ordeal... I was arrested and my car was towed away. Once i get to the police station I try to state some people i know and after some calls i was let go but my wife didn't get me till 10pm... I will have to pay all towing fees and such which doesn't bother me. I will call a police chief I know to take care of the rest, hopefully.

whats ironic is that early this morning i was helping a army recruiter at a high school and i was telling kids how to be safe in cars..

Also when they where searching my car they found some funny things i forgot about having. there was some womens underwear and some Trojans under the passenger seat and under the driver seat was my 9mm and the book catcher in the rye. The only thing i knew that was in that car was my 9mm. I was understanding and cooperative so the cops joked about that it was probably me that killed john Lennon.

Oh well.

:lol:

Bummer dude. At least you are taking it in good spirit. Hope everything works out for you.

It seems the difference between me and you is I have a V1 (though still in need of a laser jammer.)

I'm a hardened criminal myself. I got pulled for doing 41 in a 25 in the Cobalt last month. $151 fine. Last Tuesday I had to go to a "safe driving" class and take a test. I got 100% on the test, so the Commonwealth took two points off my record. I will not lie, the gangsta life is expensive.

My first, and last, speeding ticket was on May 21, 1977. Four days before the original "Star Wars" opened Nationwide.

Clocked by the Pennsylvania State Police going 85 mph in a 55 mph zone on the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike at around 1 p.m. about 6 miles north of the Lehigh Tunnel. The tunnel was a single-bore in those days. The State Police were conducting a speed limit enforcement operation that day. I went smokin' by the static vehicle and was waved-over by a uniformed officer as I was rounding a bend about a half-mile further up the road. I was northbound at the time. The weather was classic late May Pennsylvania mild with only diaphanous cirrus clouds to accent the deep azure sky. Visibility was unlimited yet I didn't see this coming.

I down-shifted the auto-trans of my spouse's blue 4-door Gran Torino (dazzling white vinyl top) slowly through the gears and finally into L all the while sounding like an F-14 hitting the pitching deck of the Nimitz, snagging the 3-wire. I definitely couldn't run. The fine assessed me was $120.00. The trooper said I was lucky in that he did not tear my then-paper PA Driver's license into a million little bits and release the confetti to swirl into the Mosquito Creek Gorge. I was likely as pale as recent death.

Arrangements were made by phone to pay for my transgression in four equal installments of $30.00 payable to the Kidder Township Municipal Fund. Something bizarre and along those lines or akin to that. No interest charged; no points assessed on my license. I don't recall if PA had any such system at that time. I didn't inform my dear Wife of this until some years afterward. The costly lesson learned from this stinging rebuke of being caught and fined stayed with me though. I have been as diligent as possible in observing the speed limit since then. $120.00 looked to me as 2 grand might today and I didn't want to have to face anything like that again.

This is why i cant have fast cars. I drove the vette to work today and on my way home i got pulled over for doing 147 of course that caused a whole ordeal... I was arrested and my car was towed away. Once i get to the police station I try to state some people i know and after some calls i was let go but my wife didn't get me till 10pm... I will have to pay all towing fees and such which doesn't bother me. I will call a police chief I know to take care of the rest, hopefully.

whats ironic is that early this morning i was helping a army recruiter at a high school and i was telling kids how to be safe in cars..

Also when they where searching my car they found some funny things i forgot about having. there was some womens underwear and some Trojans under the passenger seat and under the driver seat was my 9mm and the book catcher in the rye. The only thing i knew that was in that car was my 9mm. I was understanding and cooperative so the cops joked about that it was probably me that killed john Lennon.

Oh well.

You are SO cool, man. That's awesome. Yea! Bet they call you Speedy Gonzalez. Epa Epa. Andele. You Rock!!! Hope you don't take out a family of four and then expect someone here to post bail. Unless you on a track grow up retard. There's enough assholes out there already good to know one more.

Rock on!

I got a ticket recently: 92mph in a 65mph zone. I was driving the Suburban. :(

Since the M.B. hardtop has become my new daily driver as Julie took over

driving the BMW I've been using the M.B.'s built in radar detector... it's def.

as old a the car itself, installed discreetly by RadioShack.

It saved me from a sure ticket already. I was about to fly past a speed trap

in the middle lane at over 80mph in a 55mph zone.

I wish I could brag about a ticket for 146mph. I've only done 140 once. Most

of my cars have/had governors at the 125/130 mark, many could not do

146mph at all. Although I've done 100+ in almost every car i've ever owned.

You are SO cool, man. That's awesome. Yea! Bet they call you Speedy Gonzalez. Epa Epa. Andele. You Rock!!! Hope you don't take out a family of four and then expect someone here to post bail. Unless you on a track grow up retard. There's enough assholes out there already good to know one more.

Rock on!

Thats a fair assessment.

Was it reckless: yes

However, I came out of the entrance ramp to a 4 lanes of openness as far as i could see so i got on it till i saw a cop around a bend in the ditch. I never do this on the norm i drive 98 LeSabre and 90 caprice normally not safe vehicles to do it in. I found this rare time to jump on it. As far as im concerned you can call me an asshole but at the end of the day who really wins.

Right now the Vette is safe in the garage. I have to pay $250 for an impeding traffic and go to class. Towing impound fees were about $230. Remember its not what you know its who you know.

I will see if I can get a copy of the report.

I got a ticket recently: 92mph in a 65mph zone. I was driving the Suburban. :(

Since the M.B. hardtop has become my new daily driver as Julie took over

driving the BMW I've been using the M.B.'s built in radar detector... it's def.

as old a the car itself, installed discreetly by RadioShack.

It saved me from a sure ticket already. I was about to fly past a speed trap

in the middle lane at over 80mph in a 55mph zone.

I wish I could brag about a ticket for 146mph. I've only done 140 once. Most

of my cars have/had governors at the 125/130 mark, many could not do

146mph at all. Although I've done 100+ in almost every car i've ever owned.

Loser. No regard for people and life but your own. I'd brag about sending your ass back to whatever godforsaken country you left.

2 + 2 = a bushel of potatoes.

Might not happen today or tomorrow but keep it up and you will most likely be sorry even regrettful at some point.

People push it sometimes but think about the old lady returning from the grocrey store or the family of 4 with two youngings leaving grandmas for the long trip back home. No respect.

You should wise up and be one less asshole on the road. Don;t even get me started.

Loser. No regard for people and life but your own. I'd brag about sending your ass back to whatever godforsaken country you left.

Might not happen today or tomorrow but keep it up and you will most likely be sorry even regretful at some point.

People push it sometimes but think about the old lady returning from the grocery store or the family of 4 with two youngings leaving grandmas for the long trip back home. No respect.

You should wise up and be one less asshole on the road. Don;t even get me started.

Don't be bringing that $h! in here. I'm serious.

Might not happen today or tomorrow but keep it up and you will most likely be sorry even regrettful at some point.

People push it sometimes but think about the old lady returning from the grocrey store or the family of 4 with two youngings leaving grandmas for the long trip back home. No respect.

NOT COOL DUDE!

Are you serious?

He's already stated repeatedly he doesn't drive like nut when there is traffic around. He's got a wife and two daughters he has to think about so I'm sure when he decides to have a little fun he doesn't do it while drunk, on the phone, high as a kite on meth and during rush hour. Believe it or not, it is possible to drive faster than 65mph in a safe and controlled manner. There's nothing wrong with driving faster than an artificially low speed limit designed to fleece the captive motorist.

I've seen the POS he drives and the wrecks he's been in he so proudly posted.

Your thinking is shortsighted and flawed.

And yes, I'm serious.

Thats a fair assessment.

Was it reckless: yes

However, I came out of the entrance ramp to a 4 lanes of openness as far as i could see so i got on it till i saw a cop around a bend in the ditch. I never do this on the norm i drive 98 LeSabre and 90 caprice normally not safe vehicles to do it in. I found this rare time to jump on it. As far as im concerned you can call me an asshole but at the end of the day who really wins.

Right now the Vette is safe in the garage. I have to pay $250 for an impeding traffic and go to class. Towing impound fees were about $230. Remember its not what you know its who you know.

I will see if I can get a copy of the report.

That's ok--you at least sound like a man.

This is still fresh in minds of many I know and sad to boot. TAPout

Most probably no fault of his own other than was speeding.

Above all else most roads just not built to sustain whatever high speeds a car is capable. Potholes, debris, deer-- at those speeds you wouldn't stand a chance.

The autobahn is specially constructed and still has limits!

Not a prude, just something to think about.

Back in 2001 I drove 185 in a 65 @ 3am on I35-W heading from work in a friends 2001 Z06. Come flame me oh Saint Perfect!!!! Lawdy lawdy I was fooooooooooooool!!!

LOL--A friends car--brilliant. It's not about flaming it's purely common sense.

Everyone is always sorry afterwards but before never crossed their mind.

Somehow I don't think WAS a fool applies.

Enjoy your pissing contest! :breakdance:

To what accidents are you referring?

This one? http://www.cheersandgears.com/index.php?showtopic=2142

Someone stopped abruptly in front of him on an icy road.

This one?

20071222048oa6.jpg

He was parked in the middle of an intersection trying to make a turn and a guy in a BMW ran a red light.

This one?

May.jpg

He hit a guard rail while he was alone in the car.

If I were to be in a car with anyone driving over 100mph, I'd rather have it be him.

If you want to accuse anyone of driving recklessly, accuse me. I regularly drive over 100mph on back roads at night because it's easier to see people's (read: cop's) headlights so I know when to slow down. I've also done 115 in the fog during heavy traffic on the freeway because I was tailing someone going even faster. Did I mention the time I was adjusting the radio in my car, missed a corner and wound up going into the ditch and jumping someone's driveway? People don't say I drive like a wildman for nothing.

What's the point of all this? You've got a lot more dangerous drivers than capriceman and Sixty8panther to worry about.

OK Wildman. Put your pants back on. :rotflmao:

Is it always another persons fault (read: rhetorical)

I am with PCS on this--If you can't help someone else, help yourself. Defensive Driving is the way to go.

My apologies to any I have offended, the level of maturity here is somewhat questionable and for that I am sorry.

Good Day, Wildman

Just do yourself a favor and make sure you have good dental records. Usually the body is so badly tore up and unrecognizable either from burning alive if you weren't lucky enough to be killed instantly or from the blunt force trauma of foreign objects, steering wheels, columns, a pillars and so on that leaves nothing but an indented bloody pulp. Wouldn't even bother calling your parents go right to the dentist because that's how they identify people like you. Funny enough usually call in the fire dept. to help clean those types of wrecks. The hose makes it nice and easy to get all this little bitty specs of brain and skull off the road.

When its an accident involving an innocent party it's truly tragic, when it's done through negligence and immaturity it's a crime.

Have a blast, guy!

Cappy,

Was it Oakland County Sheriff?

Are you talking about the curve right around where Halstead crosses the 696? The curve comes pretty hard on you. 147 is a lot, how much leeway did you have before you got to the speed?

Glad you escaped with a lesser penalty.

Cappy,

Was it Oakland County Sheriff?

Are you talking about the curve right around where Halstead crosses the 696? The curve comes pretty hard on you. 147 is a lot, how much leeway did you have before you got to the speed?

Glad you escaped with a lesser penalty.

The cop was right around Middle belt. I Let off the gas around the orchard lake exit. and held speed. Radar out of the back window.

It was State police which is why i got the car towed if it was Oakland I would have just called a friend and be given a warning. Very corrupt system... I was in 5th and full throttle over drake? i think by Farmington i was near the top speed of the car. I wasn't paying attention to the hud or dash mostly just the road. I used all lanes when i did this it was around 7ish and it was dead i mean dead never in my life did i see it this dead i passed maybe 2 cars and a semi merging at orchard.

She is a Fast C5!!!

I got denied for the paperwork because its a ongoing investigation :rolleyes:

Cap-

I've noticed quite a few traps right there at Middlebelt..they seem to like it there....sometimes near Farmington too..

Granted, I think everyone drives fast around here...I had to Balt on 275 North to clean out my lines, going about 85-and cars were passing me like I was standing still! :mind-blowing:

For fun drives, I find the Ypsi back roads are pretty fun... :yes:

Ah, now we know where to find you.... :neenerneener:

Right, like he will let you know his location. He won't be a spy anymore. :P

Flint is getting pretty hardcore with tickets. Especially the STOP sign ones. If you are in the area please make sure you come to a COMPLETE STOP regardless of the time of the day.

Ypsi is awesome.

Flint is getting pretty hardcore with tickets. Especially the STOP sign ones. If you are in the area please make sure you come to a COMPLETE STOP regardless of the time of the day.

Ypsi is awesome.

Don't do a California roll in the Wolverine state :lol:

Ypsi is awesome.

I have friends in Hartland...thanks for the warning..

Yeah, Ypsi can be fun... ^_^

I still think flint is under martial law and the mayor seems a little unstable but there has been some progress from what i can tell. Hell they even have a sonic on Miller.