It Sold, but ...

So I checked my email this morning and eBay has informed me that the T&C sold. At first I was ecstatic. However the message from the buyer seems, I dunno...weird? I t just me?

Hello,i just pressed the buy it now after i have gone through the description of your car and i am interested in buying it

ourightly for my client, i will be happy if you can furnish me with any other details about

the car that you think i should know because i would want my client to make payment for this car without any delay,i shall make

your payment with a cashier's check or money order drawn on US bank,is these okay with you? and i would also like you to

answer the following question for me accordingly;

-Do you accept local pickup of the car from your domain rather than shipping the car

yourself?

-Will you be able to work with my private shipper that will come and pickup the car from

your place?

i will be expecting your response.

0.0% Positive Feedback

Member since Mar-31-09 in United Kingdom

You should be able to cancel the bid, block that bidder, and relist it....it has to be fake with the 0% feedback, wierd 'my client' language and the UK address (why would anyone in the UK would want a wrecked US-spec minivan?).

Edited by moltar

So, your telling me we need the government to keep meddling in bigger ways to correct their own errors from meddling in the economy in the first place?

No, we need the Feds to remember their place in this Federal Republic and the Federal Reserve to be abolished, or severely hamstringed in their powers. A Gold Standard will help ensure our government wont go printing up money like its nothing and hopefully help convince our loving congress to be a bit more frugal in their endeavors - whatever they may be.

Its the only way we can protect ourselves from the government creating more crap like this and then convincing everyone that THEY the government are your friends and will make everything better all while just grabbing more power. And i accuse both parties of doing this crap.

And shadow. You are forgetting that a market will always come back. You can one day just cut off all government spending completely and the economy will suck eggs for a while. But you know what? It will come back with a vengeance stronger than ever after a while.

They say necessity is the mother of invention, and last time i checked, if the government has to make do with less money, they will find ways to provide the services people demand in a far more frugal and efficient manner than they do today.

Please to be giving me your money. That's bollocks man! (Domain??? Sorry but jigs up.

Fonejacked!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBBK3hMk9Lk

www.419eater.com

There are some pretty funny 419 stories out there... I thought 419 was on the way out, but I guess it has simply gone to lower amounts.

Once upon a time, my company hired this supposedly genius hot shot developer. In the 20-odd days he worked for us, he first fell for a major 419 scam... getting to the point where the USPS guy stopped him from actually mailing the money to the scammer because he happened to recognize the address. Then a couple days later he mysteriously flipped his brand new monster Dodge 4x4 on a flat, icy road... he claimed he didn't know how to work the traction control. Thankfully, he was gone soon, before wasting a bigger pile of company money.

One of the better scammer stories I've read was about a guy in the US selling his laptop on ebay. The winner was in the UK... the winner's story sounded odd to him, something about wanting to pay only on delivery or something.. he had a buddy in the UK that was in same town check out the guy's address, was a postal box or something. So the the seller made a replica of his laptop, same size and weight, out of wood...fed exed it to the winner. I'll have to try and find the article and post a link to it..it was hilarious.

One of the better scammer stories I've read was about a guy in the US selling his laptop on ebay. The winner was in the UK... the winner's story sounded odd to him, something about wanting to pay only on delivery or something.. he had a buddy in the UK that was in same town check out the guy's address, was a postal box or something. So the the seller made a replica of his laptop, same size and weight, out of wood...fed exed it to the winner. I'll have to try and find the article and post a link to it..it was hilarious.

Update: found the article

Long, but with pictures and a great read. Maybe DF should carve a wooden minivan and ship to the guy in the UK..

Powerbook scam story

I can tell it's a scam just by the first sentence.

When I was selling the '64 Super 88 I got like

three dozen of these emails a week.

Though I DID end up selling/shipping it to the

Netherlands the buyer contacted me by PHONE

first & made it known he was a real person w/

real money and had every intention in actually

buying... not some idiotic "I'll cut you a check

back scam"

Ok so after sending a report to ebay, do I just relist it? They have yet to contact me. Or is there another step I have to take?

Not sure..in your terms of service of auction description, I recommend putting statements about no foreign bidders, no bidders with less than 98% positive feedback, no bidders with fewer than 10 ebay purchases and cancel any bids that don't meet those criteria...maybe language like this, specifically the items in bold) (this is what my sister the power seller uses for her auctions, some may not apply):

"Due to ease of operation and so many non-paying bidders, the ONLY form of payment we accept is Paypal – please do not ask for exceptions.; we manage everything electronically – I use Click n Ship. YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR ADDRESS CORRECTLY LISTED IN PAYPAL – NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU DO NOT – THAT GENERATES YOUR MAILING LABEL. Thanks.

Payment should be received within 3 days of the auction closing or the item will be re-listed.

We only ACCEPT BIDS FROM US BIDDERS AND only ship to US, Puerto Rico – it is because of ease of operation – we have full-time jobs that require 100% travel and do not have time to deal with international shipping and customs– no exceptions.

We ship USPS priority mail unless otherwise specified in the body of the listing – please do not bid if you do not agree with our shipping method; due to my job, I can only ship on WEEKENDS.

We will not accept bids from users with zero (0) feedback (ANY AND ALL BIDS FROM ZERO FEEDBACK BIDDERS WILL BE CANCELLED – BURNED TOO MANY TIMES), feedback less than an overall positive (+) 5 feedback rating or at least 98% overall positive rating. Please do not bid if you do not intend to pay. We do not accept bids from users with 5 or more negative (-) feedback ratings. We will cancel bid from bidders who do not meet this criteria. We reserve the right to block bidders who are argumentative or unprofessional.

Insurance is required for items selling for $50.00 or more.* Items selling for under $50.00 should be insured, but that is optional for the buyer.

We will not be responsible for items damaged or lost during shipment that are not insured."

Edited by moltar

In a transparent money-grab, eBay only permits PayPal payments now; sellers cannot even suggest other methods are accepted or risk their auctions being pulled. Supposedly, buyers can ask if other methods are accepted, and only then can sellers accept anything else.

I F***ing hate eBay.

I gave them thou$$$$$ands of dollar$ of business over the years

(1999 to 2006) before I got fed up with the fees & lack of support

as a seller OR buyer when crooks messed with my time/$.

The last straw was in 2006 when I had to pay the fees for selling

my '68 Camaro TWICE!