Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
toesuf94

Found a neat one for sale...who's into

43 posts in this topic

Sweet...if those were more common, it would be nice to build one with a modern G8 GXP drivetrain...(the original engines were pretty low power, even for 1986).

Sweet...if those were more common, it would be nice to build one with a modern G8 GXP drivetrain...(the original engines were pretty low power, even for 1986).

Funny, I had the exact same thought. :lol:

Nice car and a rare one too. I disagree with you PCS, I like that dash design (of course I'm biased, as my mom had a '83 GP LJ and explains why I want to find one of my own now <well, I found one, just have to hit the lottery to get it!!>). I really like the '86 1/2 GP 2+2 and it would be a cool collectible car to take to shows.

Pontiac had the best looking dashboard of all the '78-'88 G-bodies. While the 2+2 is an interesting car, I always thought they looked a bit awkward, and they were not blessed with the H.O. version of the 305, like the MC/SS had. I prefer a normal Grand Prix from this era... with the Rallye II rims pictured, or the classic snowflake aluminum rims, and no vinyl top.

The noses always looked... unfinished to me, like someone cut rectangles out of the vinyl-rubber with a utility knife and said 'Done!'.

The noses always looked... unfinished to me, like someone cut rectangles out of the vinyl-rubber with a utility knife and said 'Done!'.

I agree with you on that, I also do not care much for the angular back window ...

There was a specific reason why they made that window like that. . .

1984 Grand Prix

2181648790_f3a5637296_b.jpg

1986 Grand Prix AERO COUPE!

463355382_87d3f5c995_o.jpg

LEFT FASTER!

There was a specific reason why they made that window like that. . .

1984 Grand Prix

2181648790_f3a5637296_b.jpg

1986 Grand Prix AERO COUPE!

463355382_87d3f5c995_o.jpg

LEFT FASTER!

Actually, it was :

Left, while not getting airborne backwards...

I like the '73, too, and the '76-'77. I remember the shock of the smaller, boxy '78 when they first came out, and thinking they cut off all the style and left a box. Now I look back on them more fondly and wouldn't mind owning a '78-'87 with a V8, equipped as I described above.

Here you go ocnblu... a birthday present:

800px-1985_pontiac_grand_prix.JPG

Enjoy it!!!

Pontiac had the best looking dashboard of all the '78-'88 G-bodies. While the 2+2 is an interesting car, I always thought they looked a bit awkward, and they were not blessed with the H.O. version of the 305, like the MC/SS had. I prefer a normal Grand Prix from this era... with the Rallye II rims pictured, or the classic snowflake aluminum rims, and no vinyl top.

She's a beaut, GMTG74. Thank ya, sir!

Most recent GP I'd like to own would be '69-72.

I've strongly considered a few of these over the last few years - one of the last affordable midsizers of that era (from GM).

Don't tell Cort, but I like them better than the first gen M/C.

No surprise there, those are real Pontiacs... and note the MC came along AFTER the Pontiac in this case. 'Rebadged Pontiac', anyone ? :wink:

'Rebadged Pontiac', anyone ? :wink:

When was the last time that phase could be used? :lol:

That's the one aspect of these cars I don't like. The aero nose is awkward, at best.

There were certainly MANY much worse looking dashboards made in the mid-1980s.

I'm not a huge fan of the Aero-G-bodies.

Always thought it would be fun to make a "phantom" GNX-aero. :spin:

(G.N. + GNX upgrade + Aero rear glass/trunk)

I almost bought a super clean '86 GP t-top with S-10 eXtreme rims & a rebuilt 305

just days before I bought my beat up '68 Camaro for nearly TWICE as much.

NO buyers remorse there. :AH-HA_wink:

The good news about the GP's 305: it's damn easy to make it look very stock with a

Pontiac 326/400 or even cheaper/easier: drop in a ZZ4 5.7 SBC in the 305"s place.

A friend I had a powerful crush on in the early 90's put a Pontiac 350 in his '84 Trans Am... it took a lot of butchering to make it eventually happen, as the Pontiac V8 is considerably larger than a smallblock.

A friend I had a powerful crush on in the early 90's put a Pontiac 350 in his '84 Trans Am... it took a lot of butchering to make it eventually happen, as the Pontiac V8 is considerably larger than a smallblock.

yeah, I can imagine, 3rd gen. F-bodys are not big

on room in the engine compartment. Still, good

for him, it's a worthy project.

Very rare, great looking car. I hope someone snatches it up and gives it a good home.

I had an 88 MC SS Aerocoupe. Black with maroon interior. I wish I still had pics of it. The movers lost them in a move. I liked the GP, but I wasn't keen on the color combo or the wheels.

GMTG, is that your GP?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0