Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Has C&G been down?

I've noticed, over the past few days, that it often takes a while to load after you enter the address. So, for about 5-10 seconds it looks like the site is down and nothing happens, but then all of the sudden things load.

It has been crazy-slow loading. I dont have C&G bookmarked on my laptop, and ever since the site maintenance, it hasn't loaded if I just type in "cheersandgears.com" I have to put "www.cheersandgears.com". It actually does the same thing for me with IE on the desktop.

Yeah. I had the same issue. Kept going to it at work and it was broken, then try it from home and it worked. I thought maybe we were just having hosting issues and it was going up and down. Then I realized that one address I was using was http://www.cheersandgears.com and the other was just http://cheersandgears.com and felt stupid.

• 2 weeks later...
You have to use http://www.cheersandgears.com on IE for some reason. You can use either on Firefox.

Probably some versions of IE don't automatically add the 'www.' I just type cheersandgears.com in Chrome and it goes there...

• 2 weeks later...

Weird, but depending on the version of IE and the hotfix's or lack of current updates you might and might not get to the site. I have found blocking problems at times over the last couple months and it always seems to be around updates on the system. Microsoft is changing again their security system and if there is not certian checks, the fishing filter can block your access to the site.

I will look for a complete list of things you can do as they have IE browsing issues listed in the MSDN site if you have an account.

Ciao, :)

David

At least when the site is down, people aren't bitching nearly as much about dumb $h!.

We need a Monkey throwing $h! Emoticon. :P