Got my bribe from GM today

The "give us another chance" letter arrived today, along with a certificate for an additional incentive above and beyond rebates on a new GM car.

I felt kinda sad after stuffing it back into the envelope and tossing it aside.

Edited by Camino LS6

Take the envelope, and fill it full of pizza coupons, and send it back to them. Not only will you be helping to voice your displeasure, but you'll also be helping the currently bankrupt GM save money by allowing them to get a free two liter Pepsi or buffalo wings with the purchase of a large, three topping pie.

So, what exactly are the offers? Incentives already known, or?

I still wish I had gotten the GM card $3k or so, because, you know, I needed to GXP shop there if I did...well, I did anyway, but you know, just a bit too out there :AH-HA_wink:

Well, that, and I was waiting to hear from my mother that she received something so I could persuade her into a year newer 'Bu, 6-spd and all, but nada.

I got mine Friday. Would have been nice if I could have had that BEFORE I bought my truck in January, but they werent in bankruptcy then.

here is a comparison. g6 has higher rebates for me than the malibu. but (and i haven't tried this yet) when i configure the cars to be close to the same i wonder if the pontiac is priced higher to offset the difference.

i mean, a g6 at 24 grand, how much is the malibu the same way? in the past it seemed to me pontiacs were always a bit higher.

interesting tidbit. a dealer i know has a 'demonstrator' grand prix GXP for 21,000 (like 500 miles on it). i wonder how cheap i can really get that for. or maybe that price has all incentives built into it.

and even then, i kind of don't want it anyways.

Edited by regfootball

Yeah, my wife got her letter last week too. I'm really curious as to all of the incentives that are out there... owner loyalty, lease to buy (for current GMAC SmartLease contracts expiring before 12-31-2009), military, college grad, gm supplier, gm employee, credit union member, etc, etc, etc. I'm dying to go to my BPG dealer and see how many incentives I can qualify for on a G8 V6 Sedan... they still have the Pacific Slate Metallic with Onxy Leather model I want on their lot :drool:

interesting tidbit. a dealer i know has a 'demonstrator' grand prix GXP for 21,000 (like 500 miles on it). i wonder how cheap i can really get that for. or maybe that price has all incentives built into it.

and even then, i kind of don't want it anyways.

I don't think anyone would blame you.