Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2001 Lincoln LS - my new ride

Here are the better pictures I promised. I will be adding some more later with interior shots, but both times I have taken the photos it has been too dark to do interiors. For those that haven't seen the other thread, it's a 2001 Lincoln LS V8. 79,500 miles, leather, traction control, memory seating, dual front and side airbags, automatic climate control, folding rear seats, etc. The exterior is Titanium Sliver and the interior is a trio of dark gray, light gray, and walnut burl wood accents (although the only "real" walnut is on the steering wheel and shifter).

Mechanically, a unique thing is that the LS from 2000 to 2002 has a hydraulic cooling fan rather than an electric fan it had in later years. The battery is also in the trunk since there is no room for it up front, and it helps with the near 50/50 weight balance.

Other stats: 3.9L V8 (252 hp, 266 lb ft), 3692 lb curb weight, 114.5 in wheelbase, 193.9 in overall length

p1040490b.jpg

p1040491b.jpg

p1040494b.jpg

p1040495c.jpg

p1040497b.jpg

p1040493b.jpg

p1040499b.jpg

Don't let CR see it, they think it's a clunker :rolleyes:

Congrats on the LS! Always had a soft spot for them.

Thanks DF! Two people I talked to who had previously owned them (one I ran into at a BPG-C dealership and was driving an '04 V8, the other is a co-worker who had an '01 V8) had nothing but good things to say about the handling and reliability. I think the LS's that had the most problems were the ones that were driven hard early in their life. Mine was taken care of and still drives like it's fresh off the factory floor.

I love the styling on this car, but I kinda wish they had done the rear a little more differently by accenting the width. Had I been part of the LS design team, here is a quick and dirty chop of how I would have done it.

New

lsdesignupdatednick.jpg

Original

p1040495c.jpg

Edited by mustang84

my fave styling features of the LS were always the shape of the headlights and grille and the detailing there, the front fender bulges, the rear ones too, and the crease / line at the bottom of the door and rear bumper that almost gives the impression of a subtle ground effects look. it really 'grounds' the body to the road.

i saw an LS with sport package a couple days ago and i remember now that it was just enough different to seem a little more aggressive with bigger wheels and blacked out front end trim on the grille and such. i think the one i saw was like a dark cherry or something.

the front fender and hood shaping on this vehicle really give a lot of classic rwd look to this vehicle. kinda even a little bmw esque with the small overhang in the front also.

the MKs isn't even really as nice as this.

i've always thought the huge chrome surround on the rear license plate was a bit much on this car though.

this car really outclassed the catera and STS at the time. In 03 or whenever it was when the CTS came out though, it seemed like the CTS introduced a whole new look, not as much length. the CTS had the altima falling character line and stubbier proportions and was all the art and science. The LS still seemed classier even if it didn't look as techno as the CTS did.

Edited by regfootball

Niiiice, V8 and RWD rolled into a classy package! Cool find! How's the sound system; does it manage to blast Hardline without breaking up? 8)

Well, I found out the CD player won't play CD-R discs (and I don't have Hardline on a real CD), but I have played some Y&T and Van Halen and it sounds great! I know the LS came with an Alpine sound system as an option...I need to see if mine is.

• 4 weeks later...
I love the styling on this car, but I kinda wish they had done the rear a little more differently by accenting the width. Had I been part of the LS design team, here is a quick and dirty chop of how I would have done it.

New

lsdesignupdatednick.jpg

Original

p1040495c.jpg

Definitely like your chop on this one, mustang. Too bad that isn't how it was actually done, though.

Still ... SHARP Lincoln. I really like it, especially in that color ... kinda accentuates the lines, etc. CONGRATULATIONS!

And, if you want an excuse for a road trip ... if you're free in a couple weekends, you could join us:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/index.php?showtopic=26485

;)

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Wake me up inside" ... Evanescence ... 'Bring Me To Life'

• 2 weeks later...
Still ... SHARP Lincoln. I really like it, especially in that color ... kinda accentuates the lines, etc. CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks Knightfan! I get a lot of people asking if it's new because the paint is in such good shape.

Good looking car, shame they didn't sell the 8 with a manual IIRC. :(

They did have a SelectShift 5-spd that is supposedly pretty fun, but it's still no manual.

-----

I put some new pics up on my cardomain page for anyone who wants to check them out: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3350456. Feel free to add me as a friend if you're on there.