Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Cash for clunkers rolls on

toesuf94

They are crushing the cars COMPLETE in this video, and it pains me to see a 95 or 96 GMC 2-door fullsize Yukon in line to die just like the very nice COMPLETE Dodge Durango you see die at the end.

What a waste of useable parts. Now more energy has to be used to create the replacement parts that are being needlessly wasted in this video...sad.

That poor Dakota...my favorite generation. :(

It makes a great point. Those of us who actually get off of our fat asses and get parts ourselves to keep our cars running / upgrade them have that many less donor vehicles, and it hurts the business of salvage yards. A sad fate for any car indeed.

Here is more for you:

Well.. here are more cars being killed by the Cash For Clunkers Program:

Ford F150 and 1980's( 1984-1987) Ford Crown Victoria:

1980's( 1984-1986) Ford Thunderbird:

1997 Cadillac Deville:

1997 Lincoln Town Car:

1994 Chevrolet Caprice:

1993 BMW 530i:

Cash for Clunkers Race Which Car Dies First:( watch the video to see which ones lasts the longest)

1991 Nissan Pathfinder

1992 BMW 525

1995 Cadillac Deville

1991 BMW 525i

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRpESplaleI...feature=related

Holy $h!, Batman, it made me cry in the "death race" vid when everything fell silent except for the General Motors-made Cadillac Deville with the Northstar V8, and then to hear the mighty N* grab its last breath before finally expiring.:( Edited by ocnblu

Damn, boys, I've been watching the car lots around here.

Nice Maroon Cadillac STS with the Northstar...dead behind the local Hyundai dealer.

Amazingly nice Durango also, red, daman near perfect, low miles.

At the local Honda dealer, talked to a salesman that was livid that he had to take these cars in trade. He pointed to a 60,000 mile Grand Marquis that his aunt had traded in. He was a mustang guy and we were lamenting the 97 clean white GT 5 speed in the lineup.

I looked around for awhile, and a guy drove in with a Grand National, (NOT to trade) he was looking for a Civic for his daughter for a college car. After I got done talking to that guy, mr Sales man is pulling the plates of a really nice low mile Chryusler town and country, silver with leather. Amazing that a vehicle that must have sold for 35 K new was sitting in the lineup.

Oh, and that Maroon Caddy....they didn't even put the windows up when they killed it, so it's getting rained in.

Amazing.

Chris

That poor Dakota...my favorite generation. :( It makes a great point. Those of us who actually get off of our fat asses and get parts ourselves to keep our cars running / upgrade them have that many less donor vehicles, and it hurts the business of salvage yards. A sad fate for any car indeed.

Around here the cars are going the pick and pull near my house. Our pick and pull is really good, the TD VW guys come down from Michigan to get parts. The CFC cars are getting picked pretty clean. Fullsize Dodge 4wd and a GMC 2WD truck picked CLEAN to where only the cab and frame remained, along with a dead motor.

Fullsize Burban got stripped oit's full interior, axles, transfer case, and doghouse in a couple of hours.

Chris

And here goes the C4 Corvette...I cannot believe I am seeing mechanics knowingly destroying a Corvette L98.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRc2fIq-5Q8

And from what I gathered from a sympathetic mechanic in conversations through YouTube...it had 18,000 miles on it. It died because of two burned plug wires and the idiot owner thought it had a bad motor. I $h! you not.

I am going to go puke now.

And here goes the C4 Corvette...I cannot believe I am seeing mechanics knowingly destroying a Corvette L98.

And from what I gathered from a sympathetic mechanic in conversations through YouTube...it had 18,000 miles on it. It died because of two burned plug wires and the idiot owner thought it had a bad motor. I $h! you not.

Ow.

MOTHERF****R!! :cussing:

Did the previous owner even realize what the hell he was doing to this car by trading it in like this?

WHY AM I PAYING FOR THIS!?

You know, instead of ruining the engine, why not disassemble the car and sell the parts to people who still care about their cars?

/Captain Obvious

Because it is a stupid, wasteful, typical government run program. And in a Stupid, wasteful, typical government run program, there is NO room for commom sense.

This is why so many Americans are fighting against the healthcare reform being proposed...they see the wasteful spending getting worse and we have NO control over it.

Watching that poor Corvette die just hurt. So many good and fun cars have gone in the name of 'progress' in this program that it makes me sick.

See I think the health care reform could go better than C4C because let's face it, the current health care system is utter garbage and full of corrupt corporations. The var is set very low.

In fact one of the few benefits of living in MA is Mass Health / Commonwealth Neighborhood Health Care. Very low income families can qualify for Mass Health, which is basically free health care. Commonwealth Neighborhood is for people who make over a certain amount of money, and how much you make depends on how much it assists you. Plus it can supplement current health coverage you have. Thanks to Commonwealth Neighborhood, my girlfriend, who is unemployed, was able to get a damaged tooth pulled and her teeth taken care of.

Anyway, back on topic.

Because it is a stupid, wasteful, typical government run program. And in a Stupid, wasteful, typical government run program, there is NO room for commom sense.

This is why so many Americans are fighting against the healthcare reform being proposed...they see the wasteful spending getting worse and we have NO control over it.

Watching that poor Corvette die just hurt. So many good and fun cars have gone in the name of 'progress' in this program that it makes me sick.

+1

It hasn't been a good month for auto enthusiasts...

Even though that Typhoon looks rough - it is a great bit of automotive history that will now be lost forever. Seeing this, the Corvette above, an L98 Iroc Z - heck, even a mint condition maserati...I have to agree that it has not been a good month for us at all. But the dealers are happy!

Don't know if this picture has been posted yet:

DSC08538.jpg

Hopefully before this Typhoon gets crushed the scrap yard is smart enough to remove all of the cladding carefully to resell. That cladding is hard to find (some pieces more than others) and can be reused by another Typhoon if needed. Same with the gauge cluster, glove box door/badge, steering wheel, and anything else Sy/Ty specific.

BTW, I'd like to find the owner of that Typhoon and give him a swift kick in the balls :angry2:

Hopefully before this Typhoon gets crushed the scrap yard is smart enough to remove all of the cladding carefully to resell. That cladding is hard to find (some pieces more than others) and can be reused by another Typhoon if needed. Same with the gauge cluster, glove box door/badge, steering wheel, and anything else Sy/Ty specific.

BTW, I'd like to find the owner of that Typhoon and give him a swift kick in the balls :angry2:

Agreed.....

The waste in these videos PROOVES that this is a bad program...look at the BEAUTIFUL TRAILBLAZER STACKED UP AWAITING ITS DEATH?

crushing Discovery:

A new looking Trailblazer sitting on a late model Honda van:

http://www.youtube.com/user/angelo3duce#pl...l/0/scW-W7xZqLw

The hits just keep coming folks...how are the two cars above only worth $4500??? That Honda Oddessy is only worth $4500? Really?

Third gen...

Mustang GT 4.6...

Most popular new-vehicle buys through "Clunkers:"

1. Toyota Corolla

2. Honda Civic

3. Toyota Camry

4. Ford Focus FWD

5. Hyundai Elantra

6. Nissan Versa

7. Toyota Prius

8. Honda Accord

9. Honda Fit

10. Ford Escape FWD

Most popular clunker trade-ins:

1. Ford Explorer 4WD

2. Ford F150 Pickup 2WD

3. Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD

4. Ford Explorer 2WD

5. Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan 2WD

6. Jeep Cherokee 4WD

7. Chevrolet Blazer 4WD

8. Chevrolet C1500 Pickup 2WD

9. Ford F150 Pickup 4WD

10. Ford Windstar FWD Van

Glad we could help the Japanese move all of that excess inventory on the docks! Way to go U.S. taxpayers!

Edited by toesuf94