Ok everyone listen up!

What I need for you all to do is take a huge f-ing :chillpill: .

I don't know what has gotten into the membership (including a few of the mods) around here since I went on vacation but it appears that you've all gone on the rag.

If you have issues with a post or a poster report the issue PRIVATELY!

If one particular poster is bothering you use the ignore feature.

Stop trolling and stop bashing each other.

• 5 weeks later...

Couple of things guys:

1. Can we stop the trolling of other members? If you don't like a person or what they post, use the block feature. Don't be rude. If you feel their post is offensive to you in some way, use the "! Report" button and a mod will review the post.

2. Ease off with the cursing in the non-lounge/politics/Rate-R sections.

If you need a guide about what to stay away from.....:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOWe4-KXqMM

blu, I know of a post of mine in that thread also.

Other places I post all do the same...

The Miata forum (WWW.miatanet.com) the TDI forum (www.TDIclub.com) the autocross forum (Www.autocrossforum.com) and North American Motoring (www.Northamericanmotoring.com) all have similar rules, and I do think it makes the forum more professional.

After meeting oldsmoboi for dinner, all I can say is that he has some GOOD things in store for Cheers and Gears, and I want to see this site grow.

Chris

Not arguing, just wanting rationale...did I miss something, or why the call to ease off the cursing? Gotta be 13+ to join the site, so I don't think those words are anything new to any of the members.

What's the reason? Just asking...

I'm not banning it, I just want to minimize it. It makes us look more professional and journalistic.

I'm not banning it, I just want to minimize it. It makes us look more professional and journalistic.

Well, as a message board and not a blog, I don't know how "journalistic" we will ever be, but that said, it does raise the level of professionalism, at least to an extent. I don't personally feel like it's been a problem on here, but if it's just to be minimized and not banned, that's OK I guess.

In order to be taken seriously as a "journalistic" destination on the web, it's not just profanity that needs to go.

Good journalism in this country has always been about objectivity, at least in principle, and that doesn't exist around here.

C&G used to be a much more professional place in this respect. We used to have level-headed discussion not only about General Motors, but about the competition as well.

This is a GM enthusiast website. I understand that. I just wish we could get back to the realistic discussions that took both sides of the fence into account. I think GMI has us beat lately in this regard.

In order to be taken seriously as a "journalistic" destination on the web, it's not just profanity that needs to go.

Good journalism in this country has always been about objectivity, at least in principle, and that doesn't exist around here.

C&G used to be a much more professional place in this respect. We used to have level-headed discussion not only about General Motors, but about the competition as well.

This is a GM enthusiast website. I understand that. I just wish we could get back to the realistic discussions that took both sides of the fence into account. I think GMI has us beat lately in this regard.

I agree. I miss the level headed discussions we used to have, it's what made this site special and why I joined it. A place to not only discuss GM products but the competitions without "everything GM Makes is gold and how dare you criticize it and everybody else sucks".