Went to Six Flags yesterday...

... there about 9 hours with the brood and a friend of one of the brood. Hot as hell, but some slight breezes & some cloud cover. Rode every coaster in the park... finally my 12-yr old has decided he's no longer going to refuse even those that make him nervous (he tends to over-analyse them as they thunder by overhead)- so it was the best trip there we've made. El Toro kicks ass.

But the real purpose of mentioning the event is.... Great Adventure in the circa 90-degree heat.... is positively a Cornicopia of Breasts. Either there's something in the water these days.... or brassiere technology has improved in lockstep with -say- tire technology since the '80s. Or is it evolution? because it seems to me that teen / 20's-yr old girls these days are sporting notably nicer racks than 20 years ago (then, of course, there's implants, but they tend to be obvious to the experienced eye).

Anyone ponder the -ahem- science behind this important issue ??

But the real purpose of mentioning the event is.... Great Adventure in the circa 90-degree heat.... is positively a Cornicopia of Breasts. Either there's something in the water these days.... or brassiere technology has improved in lockstep with -say- tire technology since the '80s. Or is it evolution? because it seems to me that teen / 20's-yr old girls these days are sporting notably nicer racks than 20 years ago (then, of course, there's implants, but they tend to be obvious to the experienced eye).

Hmmm..

Maybe it's simply that they dress skimpier than they did back in the Big 80s? I don't recall as much visible boobage/cleavage in the Big Hair Big '80s. Young women (and the not so young) seem to wear those negligee looking tops a lot in warm weather this decade.. or more Victoria's Secret miracle bras...

Speaking of 90-degree heat, I'm looking forward to some of the cool stuff this weekend. It's been 107-109 all week, cooling off from July and early August heights...

I think it's just clothing styles today. Most clothing fits tighter now. I remember back in the late 80s to late 90s when baggy & loose fitting clothing was in. But I was just a kid in the 80s so I don't really have a frame of reference to compare rack sizes vs. today. :)

I think it's just clothing styles today. Most clothing fits tighter now. I remember back in the late 80s to late 90s when baggy & loose fitting clothing was in. But I was just a kid in the 80s so I don't really have a frame of reference to compare rack sizes vs. today. :)

Ya, at least tighter tops. I remember tight designer jeans and a lot of tight white pants (sort of the capri style) being popular when I was in my teens in the mid to late '80s. And the notorious parachute pants also.

Maybe it's simply that they dress skimpier than they did back in the Big 80s? I don't recall as much visible boobage/cleavage in the Big Hair Big '80s.

There were some late 70s/early 80s style that were just as clevagey. In fact, the whole get-up harkened to that look:

Cherokee (LOL) wedge shoes, tight Jordache (LOL) jeans, v-neck t-shirts with capped sleeves...and Farrah Fawcett hair.*

*I'll have to find a picture

I think the level of boobage is about the same and, IF it is different, it IS because of plastic surgery, which is now consumed more and more by the rank and file.

Where was this Six Flags / Great Adventure? (Six Flags recently filed for bankruptcy). I haven't gone on a loop coaster for at least a decade. Also, Great America (Santa Clara/San Jose) had a loop coaster (where your feet dangle) lock up on them while it had riders on it.

Good scientific imput- thanks! :wink:

Again, the experienced eye can spot size pretty well thru looser clothing, and in general yes; the 90-degree casual style is more expose' today, but I still feel (again: scientifically speaking) that size has increased at a given age. I know I've read something to that extent somewhere. Plus, aren't other chemcial/ hormonal factors involved that has accelerated developemment earlier? It's all so... interesting.

This GA is in Jackson NJ.

Superman the Ride is awesome too- you lay stomach down, supported from above, and fly head-first. The impression of 'super hero flight' is really quite different as there's nothing below you, and there's this inside loop that you go into head first & head down- really wild.

El Toro (4400', 70 MPH, 176' / 76-degree drop) :

p17760.jpg

I've always wanted to go to Kings Island or Cedar Point in OH. They are known for having great coasters.

Some people from grad school had organized some road trips to these places but I had to pass because, IIRC, I was going somewhere else for those days.

Some people from grad school had organized some road trips to these places but I had to pass because, IIRC, I was going somewhere else for those days.

When I was in college and grad school, we did road trips every summer to Cedar Point, a short drive from the Cleveland area and from Ann Arbor. I went at least once every summer from '89 through '96. Fun, fun place.

Never been to Kings Island, but went to Kennywood (Pittsburgh area) as a kid a few times.

I went to Six Flags Elitch Gardens a few times during my Denver era, a couple work outings.

Never been a fan of roller coasters. But lately I have been noticing more and more breasts, which is a change as I am usually a huge fan of ASS as far as the fair sex is concerned.

To Camino, good things come to those who wait. To the rest of us, good things come in pairs.

Chris

Well first Cedar point FTW!

2nd I did start to notice this strange phenomenon but thought it was do to more of clothing. I remember seeing some of my daughters friends at a wedding and thinking damn guys are lucky now.

Second Im more of an ass fan.

third, this thread is worthless with out pics, I know CS4 helped her but she has got it going on, on both fronts.

VidaGuerra1920X1080Wallpaper1024x76.jpg

Edited by capriceman

Well first Cedar point FTW!

2nd I did start to notice this strange phenomenon but thought it was do to more of clothing. I remember seeing some of my daughters friends at a wedding and thinking damn guys are lucky now.

Second Im more of an ass fan.

third, this thread is worthless with out pics, I know CS4 helped her but she has got it going on, on both fronts.

VidaGuerra1920X1080Wallpaper1024x76.jpg

:mind-blowing::scratchchin:

... there about 9 hours with the brood and a friend of one of the brood. Hot as hell, but some slight breezes & some cloud cover. Rode every coaster in the park... finally my 12-yr old has decided he's no longer going to refuse even those that make him nervous (he tends to over-analyse them as they thunder by overhead)- so it was the best trip there we've made. El Toro kicks ass.

finally, a topic in life i have high appreciation for.

bravo fair man for talking about what really matters!

was at the mall today..yeah, the girls dress really slutty these days. tight little tank tees with straps that will bust at any moment, and the thinnest fabric. bras with pushup effect. tight everything. not much covered. i'm really not against that.....but when i grew up in the 80's it was all about bulky sweaters and jeans. and other multi layer clothing concepts.

girls back then didnt show anything near what is shown now.

thing is, even the married cougars and divorced ladies my age now try to dresst like the teens so its a bit of fair play for all that was missed then.

people don't like to really equate it much like I do, but the aids scare back then with all the safe sex talk and fear of being sexually showy really meant a lot of girls dressed more conservatively. and the whole preppy look popular then was about wearing a lot of elaborate stuff anyways.

today's britney generation thinks its ok for ten year old girls to dress and look like they are picking up guys at the bar. slightly sick this is, all this focus on being fashionable, sexually attractive, and uncovered. Far too many girls and women car far too much about 'looking hot'. even too many guys these days too.

but if they all want to show it, you might as well look because they are basically asking and begging for everyone to look the way things are.

Edited by regfootball