They need to offer the diesels here.  And more vehicles need built in diaper changing stations, and urinals.  There aren't enough cars on the road today with built in urinals.  Whats next a built in restroom attendant?

[post="67531"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

A toilet built into the driver's seat would be convenient for long drives.. though wiping and driving could be awkward...

They chickened out on the design. They could've changed the minivan's image to be more aggressive and they could probably get away with it since they invented the minivan. I thought Ralph Gilles was working on this, I was hoping for some better, less minivanish qualities and looks. GM tried to change the minivan with the CSVs and they turned out awful. I cant stand seeing them all over the place. Id rather they keep the Venture, Montana. Could this be a factor to change Dodge's decision? I think it may have.

They chickened out on the design. They could've changed the minivan's image to be more aggressive and they could probably get away with it since they invented the minivan. I thought Ralph Gilles was working on this, I was hoping for some better, less minivanish qualities and looks. GM tried to change the minivan with the CSVs and they turned out awful. I cant stand seeing them all over the place. Id rather they keep the Venture, Montana. Could this be a factor to change Dodge's decision? I think it may have.

It's kind of a 'don't mess with success' thing...the Chrysler minivan styling has changed very little over the current and previous generation, so they just keep evolving rather than making radical change...radical change isn't needed since minivans aren't really a style-driven niche, more about function than style...

It's kind of a 'don't mess with success' thing...the Chrysler minivan styling has changed very little over the current and previous generation, so they just keep evolving rather than making radical change...radical change isn't needed since minivans aren't really a style-driven niche, more about function than style...

[post="67539"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's probably why they aren't going with the manumatic trans. Who wants to shift their own minivan?? :lol:

As for styling.....I don't think there's a whole lot you can tell from this spy pics. About all you can tell is that it won't look as retarded as the Nissan Quest.

Looks like a Dodge truck facia will be underneath those covers to me. All the features match: Big, upright grille, squarish headlights, overall boxy shape.

This sentance stopped me dead, though:

A six-speed version of the current four-speed automatic is being set up in Kokomo for 2006 model year production - the 62TE.

Posted Image :puke:
Why, Chrysler, why?!?! Haven't we suffered enough?!?!?!

Holy shit, DCX is turning all of their American automobiles into boxes!

Yes, that 6-speed version of Chrysler's 4-speed automatic has been on Allpar for quite some time now. I certainly hope Chrysler has finally figured out how to do a transmission.

Holy shit, DCX is turning all of their American automobiles into boxes!

Yes, that 6-speed version of Chrysler's 4-speed automatic has been on Allpar for quite some time now. I certainly hope Chrysler has finally figured out how to do a transmission.

[post="68301"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Why was the A604/41TE such a turd, when the Torquflite was so darned good? I never could figure that out.

That being said, the 41TE in our '06 Caravan is a HUGE improvement over previous versions of this tranny. Most noticeably, there is NO bump shift down into low as the vehicle comes to a halt as there was in our earlier minivans. Even our '02, which was pretty decent, still exhibited the dreaded "ultradrive palsy" coming into low on occasion. But the '06 shifts as smoothly as can be, and more responsively than any other vehicle I've driven with this tranny.

Wish I could say the same for my '04 Neon... :rolleyes:

Not bad looking, but I hope they do it right this time-no more 4-cylinder engines, no more black bumpers, no more cheap interiors (which they actually shed for the 2001 redesign, more or less), and lower the price on the Grand Caravan SXT! And no more dated V-6 engines! Offer the 3.5-liter SOHC H.O. 255hp V-6 (I know, its 250 now), and the 275hp 4.0-liter HEMI V-6 engines-that's it! SE, SXT, and ES trim levels, make them sporty!

Not bad looking, but I hope they do it right this time-no more 4-cylinder engines, no more black bumpers, no more cheap interiors (which they actually shed for the 2001 redesign, more or less), and lower the price on the Grand Caravan SXT!

[post="68666"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Why not some of those low-line features? Keep in mind, this will be a cheaper alternative to those who don't need the full-frame durability and girth of a Sprinter.

Coolest thread ever... except for the spy pics of the next Camry... I'm creaming my pants. [/sarcasm] :lol:

Not bad looking, but I hope they do it right this time-no more 4-cylinder engines,

[post="68666"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

4 cylinder engines help offset the gas guzzling Hemis a little bit for truck CAFE purposes.

I guess I am more of a van person than i should admit.  I don't see anything wrong with the looks of the Nissan Quest.  Of course the present Chrysler mini vans are better looking than 50% of the cars made.

[post="68138"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

the quest is good to look at outside,they need to fix the interior and the bugs.

the current vans ARE better looking than a lot of cars.

it looks like chrysler botched these new vans big time. what ugly lumpy crap. now i can scratch this off my list. i might as well go look at a new SWB van while they are cheap.....14k. these new ones will bu UGLEE apparently. Edited by regfootball

4 cylinder engines help offset the gas guzzling Hemis a little bit for truck CAFE purposes.

[post="68830"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

that and they are cheaper than smaller hatchback cars. some folks and couriers just want a hatchback type vehicle to haul stuff. a SWB caravan is way cheaper than a lot of Vibes etc. nowadays.

I was amazed at how cheap our 2006 Caravan SXT was. We had been looking at "downsizing" into a smaller wagon or sedan, but we wound up with the well-equipped Caravan for less than most of the Vibes, Focus wagons & other smaller vehicles we looked at. They are really aggressive about moving these things right now and you wind up with a lot of vehicle for the money. Yeah, it's a minivan, but when you get to be my age, you no longer worry much about "image".

I was amazed at how cheap our 2006 Caravan SXT was.  We had been looking at "downsizing" into a smaller wagon or sedan, but we wound up with the well-equipped Caravan for less than most of the Vibes, Focus wagons & other smaller vehicles we looked at.

They are really aggressive about moving these things right now and you wind up with a lot of vehicle for the money.  Yeah, it's a minivan, but when you get to be my age, you no longer worry much about "image".

[post="71496"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Amen brother. You get that for what, about 16 grand? got dvd? New Caravans with v6 were 14 grand here recently.

Why was the A604/41TE such a turd, when the Torquflite was so darned good? I never could figure that out.

That being said, the 41TE in our '06 Caravan is a HUGE improvement over previous versions of this tranny. Most noticeably, there is NO bump shift down into low as the vehicle comes to a halt as there was in our earlier minivans. Even our '02, which was pretty decent, still exhibited the dreaded "ultradrive palsy" coming into low on occasion.  But the '06 shifts as smoothly as can be, and more responsively than any other vehicle I've driven with this tranny.

Wish I could say the same for my '04 Neon... :rolleyes:

[post="68624"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, that bump shift. It was obvious in both my `93 LeBaron with the 3.0L Mitsubishi V6 and in my currnet `96 Breeze with the 2.0L I-4. I did have the opportunity to drive an `05 Caravan with the 2.4L I-4. No bumping downshift when coming to a stop. It is indeed much improved, but I feel it could still possibly be more efficient.

The dark red, blue, or green with tinted windows and nice wheels is a very nice.  The SWB is more than sufficient most people's needs.  Stow and go seems an unecessary luxury to this cheap bastard. I am just a little learry of the drive train.

[post="71619"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The thing I like about the SWB models is that you can take the seats out when not in use and save some weight. The new stow & go models are even heavier than the previous "Grand" models, which weren't particularly light to start with. I also don't like how the ground clearance looks so low from the rear on the stow & go models. It may just be a perception though...

The current SWB models are only 1.5" shorter than the original 1988-'90 Grand models. :blink: Edited by NeonLX