Chrysler Aspen Official Picture

In it's final years, I wouldn't necessarily call the Aztek ugly. It broke the mold design-wise and certainly had it's odd angles, but it never disgusted me as the Durango does upon seeing it. Once it shed it's plastic cladding and was fitted with the larger wheel package, it almost looked attractive. Edited by Bimmer325

In it's final years, I wouldn't necessarily call the Aztek ugly. 

It broke the mold design-wise and certainly had it's odd angles, but it never disgusted me as the Durango does upon seeing it. 

Once it shed it's plastic cladding and was fitted with the larger wheel package, it almost looked attractive.

[post="69854"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

ugh...I'm sorry; I am a GM fan to the end, but I dont think anyone should get away with using the words 'aztek' and 'attractive' in the same sentence. =( I'm going to have to dissagree. The durango, while quite ugly, is not nearly the embarassment the aztek was. But that's just my opinion, and of course you're entitled to yours...just felt the need to throw in my .02 =) <3

In it's final years, I wouldn't necessarily call the Aztek ugly. 

It broke the mold design-wise and certainly had it's odd angles, but it never disgusted me as the Durango does upon seeing it. 

Once it shed it's plastic cladding and was fitted with the larger wheel package, it almost looked attractive.

Nah, it was all-ugly all the time...esp. in garish colors like yellow and orange...

I'm going to go ahead and assume this is a chop. 

There's no way Chrysler would approve a design that hideous for production.  If I'm wrong, I'd say Chrysler's turnaround has reached it's peak.

[post="69057"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree. This is too horrible to be real. But, they also have that Imperial concept which is even worse. I think the design department, which was one of he best, Is suffering from collective blindness.

I think it looks pretty good - but how will Chrysler sell this once the new Buick Enclave comes out?  They had better sell as many as they can in the next 12 months... because once the Enclave arrives the lights will be out for the Aspen.

[post="70913"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The Enclave has got to cost much more than this .

The Enclave has got to cost much more than this .

[post="70962"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Possibly. What does a loaded Durango cost? You can easily add $5K to the cost of a loaded Durango. My guess is that it would place this at or over $40K. My guess is that the Enclave will start in the high $30K's and run up in the mid $40K's. That means that while the Enclave will sell without discounts and the Aspen will not...

But the reality is that the Aspen will not compete against the Lexus RX and GX while the Enclave will.

This thing is no beauty, but it's not exactly ugly either, like the Durango is. So this should appeal to the mopar fans who want a big trucky SUV and don't find the Durango quite to their taste. This also probably cost next to nothing to develop.

It's an ugly truck. I'm sorry, but it's not attractive at all, IMO. Period. What a let down after outrageous looks of the 300 and company, and the Imperial. Whether you love or hate the Imperial, it'll draw a reaction. This is just terrible.