Chrysler Aspen Official Picture

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5411/aspena9ad.jpg

Okay-looking, a bit square in front, and only necessary because Jeep screwed up by not making the ugly, boxy Commander full-size. I don't see the need for a Chrysler SUV above Pacifica-only if Imperial became a luxury marque and offered a full-lineup, and then only would I find it acceptable. Basically, it looks like it will compete with GMC Yukon and to a lesser extent, the Mercury Mountaineer.

An edited quote... of myself.

I didn't think I could possibly see something more horrible looking than the Caliber. That is... until I clicked looked at this thing... Oh my... Do my eyes deceive me? No, I don't think they do... That front... oh my... words cannot express how much displeasure it gives me... OH MY... MY EYES!!! MY INNOCENT EYES!!! CHRYSLER HAS RUINED MY EYES..... OH!!!! Help me, god... :omfg: Suicide is the only way to rid my mind of this horror... :alcoholic:

Yep.

Fly, it's called a bumper.  It's kind of illegal not to have one.

[post="68720"][/post]

I thought it was illegal to have something that dimensionally huge without extra running lights.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

How come everyone else can make it at least flow better, even on the more truckish last Escalade and even the last Durango? It doesn't help with a '61 Polara's worth of chrome sitting on it either. I suppose the similar-to-1961 crash ratings of the last Durango has something to do with it.

Wow.... I'll let you know what I think of this as soon as I stop laughing at the name! (img) I'd post a 1978 Aspen but it might blind you.jpg (/img)

Fly's right the Durangos' bumper is gross. But then again the WHOLE truck is gross.... Semi-Hemi or not.

:lol: honestly what were you guys expecting to see after those spy photos from a few weeks ago?

[post="68767"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Do you like get paid a royalty or something everytime someone clicks on a link to one of your pics?

And NOS, the bumper sticks out just as much on the Asspen as is does on the Dungrango, you can tell by looking at the bumper on the passenger side in front of the headlight, and it sticks out so far that if you leave it parked on the street a few homeless guys are likely to mistake it for a park bench and the owner will have to shoo them away in the morning.

Wow, they pretty much didn't even try to disguise it being a Chrysler Grand Cherokee.  :rolleyes:

[post="68778"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Huh? You do KNOW that this vehicle really has nothing to do with the Grand Cherokee, other than a few bolts and a couple electronic pieces, right? The Durango and GC are quite a bit different, and this is Durango-based.

As for the rest of you, especially those that said something about the grille--look closer. Think, maybe, that the pic uploaded here also shows a couple accessories from Chrysler? Just a theory, but it looks a bit like there's a black mesh bug cover over the grille...either that, or it's just a weird pic.

I like it, but then again, I've always liked Durangos--slightly odd current gen front end, included. Compared to a Tahoe, they have better packaging, including a 3rd row that's actually fit for humans AND fold-flat, not to mention they're about the most tightly constructed, tank-solid truck-based SUV's on the road. Just very, very nice, composed, and refined. Definately better in this aspect than both our last and current GM full-sizers.

I really like it!  This thing will sell well as it fills a gaping hole the size of Canada in the Chrysler lineup.

[post="68716"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I totally like it.....and like it much better than the Durango front-end......

I JUST rode in my first Durango today....co-worker got a new one. Base model 4X4 3.7L V6 and I was really impressed!!!!

The interior plastics suck....but other than that, it rode really well, was whisper quiet and tight on the road, and although she didn't "get on it" it seemed to have decent power for how she was driving and at the regular speeds she was driving, you couldn't hear the engine.

I think the Aspen (name aside) will be a nice ride.

So very sad. Chrysler shouldn't have even bothered with a brand new BOF vehicle. A large crossover would've been more appropriate. They're pulling a move that GM would've done 5 years ago and look what trouble that got them into. The new GM full size SUVs are a lot alike but at least they aren't sitting on an somewhat outdated platform. Bad move Chrysler. Bad move.

My only beef with the current Durango is the front and the interior quality. I think Chrysler fixed the flaws with the front (namely, too bulbous and the headlights are just wrong) and the interior will definitely get an interior upgrade although I'm sure it won't be too much. I really don't see where the criticism is coming from...There are far worse vehicles on the market.

So very sad.  Chrysler shouldn't have even bothered with a brand new BOF vehicle.  A large crossover would've been more appropriate.  They're pulling a move that GM would've done 5 years ago and look what trouble that got them into.  The new GM full size SUVs are a lot alike but at least they aren't sitting on an somewhat outdated platform.

Bad move Chrysler.  Bad move.

[post="69025"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Outdated platform?? :huh:

The last Durango came out in 2004. :AH-HA_wink:

There will be a new Durango......and most likely a new Aspen, in 2008. For now Chrysler can spruce up the current Durango with minimal investment, and sell some expensive Chrysler versions in the meantine.

Pacifica is selling a lot better now that it isn't so overpriced. The only real flop at Chrysler has been the (also overpriced) Crossfire, which is unfortunate because that is the best-looking convertible on the market IMO.

I'm going to go ahead and assume this is a chop. There's no way Chrysler would approve a design that hideous for production. If I'm wrong, I'd say Chrysler's turnaround has reached it's peak.

I'm going to go ahead and assume this is a chop.

There's no way Chrysler would approve a design that hideous for production. If I'm wrong, I'd say Chrysler's turnaround has reached it's peak.

Remember we all said that last year when pictures of the Commander were leaked. This sadly, is the real thing.

The less-blurry picture actually at least makes it look decent.

Still, it's gonna be hard to pull Lexus fans with that.

[post="69291"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's what I was thinking, but still not a fan. Really dislike the grille and lights, although lightyears better than the Durango.

Just a badge engineered Durango with fancy wheels... I kind of figured that the Chrysler brand would abstain from SUV's and leave it to Dodge and Jeep. After the Pacifica, I was hoping they would come out with a new crossover. They seem a little classier than most SUV's, especially the Durango.

Tried that with the Pacifica.

Strike 1!

[post="69046"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Pacifica is mid-sized. I'm talking something around the size of the new GM x-overs or the honda pilot.

Outdated platform??  :huh:

The last Durango came out in 2004.  :AH-HA_wink:

There will be a new Durango......and most likely a new Aspen, in 2008.  For now Chrysler can spruce up the current Durango with minimal investment, and sell some expensive Chrysler versions in the meantine.

[post="69045"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

By the time this vehicle will be out, it will be based on a "somewhat" (which I included in my original post) outdated platform. By somewhat, I mean that it will need a refresh shortly after. Doesn't anyone else consider that to be somewhat outdated?

It looks OK but the bumper still bothers me. I dont like the headlights and the lines on the hood should be deleted. The grille needs more character too. I'll have 2 see it in person. Mayb it'll grow on me.

Uggh. Disgusting. Looks like Chrysler's competing for Number 1 Ugly now!

OMG. to look at the camaro and then by accident look at this was traumatizing. i mean holy crap. it's like the GM CSV differences. few and poorly done. I am truly amazed chrysler is trying to pawn this crap off on the general public. SHAME ON THEM!

To me, the Durango very closely resembles a pig. It's got a nose for rooting in the ground, a fat midsection, and a coiled tail(lights). Not a goodlooking design. This Chrysler shares most of those traits, but manages to be bland in the process. Very forgettable. GM kills these.

To me, the Durango very closely resembles a pig.  It's got a nose for rooting in the ground, a fat midsection, and a coiled tail(lights).  Not a goodlooking design.  This Chrysler shares most of those traits, but manages to be bland in the process.  Very forgettable.  GM kills these.

[post="69778"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

ROTFLMAO!!!!

To me, the Durango very closely resembles a pig.  It's got a nose for rooting in the ground, a fat midsection, and a coiled tail(lights).  Not a goodlooking design.  This Chrysler shares most of those traits, but manages to be bland in the process.  Very forgettable.  GM kills these.

[post="69778"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

BULLSEYE!