Car Spotting

This afternoon on my way to Marshall, MI (God know why, I just drive sometimes) and saw The New Cadillac Escalade on I-69 South. It's the first one I've seen in person. Wish I had my camera with me!

You know, I think a lot of things look better in black. Like slinky dresses. Or sexy coupes. If the engine and transmission in my `97 Monte Carlo Z34 hadn't been such an "Oh shit" kind of thing, I might still have it.

I hate that car, bunch of snobby old ladies who were once rich always have those damn Jags, o i saw a green Solstice go speedin by, does anyone know if that car has a strong engine note cuz when this one passed you heard it, might have aftermarket parts on it.

I've seen approximately 3 Solstici (spelling?) on the roads and it's freakin 20 F. I've seen an Aston Martin Vantage for the second time. ( same one) I can't even count how many new Mercedes M-class and Mercedes CLS500s I've seen since they came out. And my uncle was telling me how this woman's (who he works with) son got to drive one of the two Porsche Carrera GTs in NY state because he is the top Porsche mechanic in this region( or something like that). Edited by Cadillacfan85

I saw everytihng at LAIAS  :P

[post="69339"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I hate you. :P Just kidding. I'm waiting for the NAIAS later this month. Hope I have enough money to get there and back, I'm still unemployed!

I've seen approximately 3 Solstici (spelling?) on the roads and it's freakin 20 F.

SolsticeS

The -i plurality is for words that end in -us.

As far as what I REMEMBER seeing last week:
-An old 75 8-window Caprice Classic 4-door
-TONS of Range Rover Sports (that thing has really taken off)
-Aston Martin DB7
-quite a few old-school Minis
-International Scout
-Mid 60s Galaxie 500 4-door
-69 Fairlane 4-door
-early 70s Mercury Cyclone

No one complained about the 71 Mustang/Couar's flying buttresses, as front-engined as those cars are. The XJS was always kinda cool to me, but was simply never handled properly by Jaguar or any owner. The V-12 and that chassis and body deserved much better. Edited by LosAngeles

Must be these summery days, because I saw two Solstices today...one of which was parked by the Gay & Lesbian Center!! But it's definitely turning heads... Also, -a gray Zimmer -olive green and white 65 4-door standard Chevy with moon discs on the wheels -purple 65 Riviera with oval taillights swapped from some other vehicle.

This evening at Wawa getting gas in the truck, I saw a nicely preserved, light green metallic, '77 Pontiac Catalina sedan at the pumps.

I took the opportunity to say to the old guy "Excuse me sir... I just wanted to say... that's a cool '77 Catalina!"

He smiled and said "Well thanks! You're exactly right! How'd you know? How'd you know the year?"

I answered "I just know..." and smiled.

He said "You're on the ball!"

It made me feel good to recognize this man's car... he's probably owned it since new, and he's lovingly cared for it all these years.

He smiled and said "Well thanks!  You're exactly right!  How'd you know?  How'd you know the year?"

[post="74539"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

"Well, you see, I've had a crush on you since I was in high school and.. well.. I've kinda been stalking you all these years"

lmao That's something I would say. I crack myself up.

I saw an S13 240SX coupe... in Knox Dale (closest town I live to that has it's own zip), let alone Brookville. I was shocked, literally. It totally ruined my day... Also saw a Prelude (5th gen). It passed our Blazer. Such a gorgeous ass, like the 240SX. Later I saw a car that really surprised me... A Lancer EVO... with no spoiler. It was hot. It looks really good without a spoiler, unlike my beloved 5th gen GAGT. I drooled over it for a few minutes, even in the cold.

Parents let me take the Blazer... So I went dealer hoppin. :D

-New Tahoe!!!! White, LT... Looked good except for the small wheels. Loved the grill, headlights, body, rear, interior... everything. It's literally perfect when equipped with the 20 inchers. Also, did anybody ever noticed the bose speakers located on the A pillers?

-Impala SS. My first one. Looks alot better with the big wheels and sportier front fascia.

-Another G6 coupe with the standard GT wheels (looks better than the with the opt GT wheels) and another Cobalt SS coupe (still looks awesome to me). These got me thinking... if my parent's were to suddenly win the lottery and buy 4 vehicles... They'd be new Tahoe, Impala SS, Cobalt SS, and whenever it comes out, a new Silverado. A G6 GTP would be nice for me, but I don't think I could choose it over all the other possibilities.

-Lexus IS, first gen. Drove buy it. :P

-Hyundai Tiberon. The previous one with multitudes of lights on the front. Surprised me, actually. I was somewhat interesting in it. Looked over it, it had a manual and tinted windows. It was silver. I must be going crazy, but I actually liked it... for a moment, until I hit myself and thought "240SX... 240SX, Cory". :lol:

-Dark green GAGT coupe. Damnit, it had leather and looked oh so nice. Lately, I've been having... *brain fart* ...whatever it's called for a 5th gen GAGT. If it wasn't for the fact that I can't afford one, it might be my next car instead of the 240SX. Oh well...

-New Honda Civic Si. Black, looked better than regular Civic coupes. I want one.

-Tuscani! Well... a dark blue Hyundai Tiburan with Tuscani badging. :P I guess it would be no different than seeing a 240SX with Silvia bading. It just caught me off gaurd.

I was waiting at a stop light on 222 to turn around and go the other way. Opposite of me waiting to make a left was some ugly vehicle.

Turns out, it was a 2 door SMART. I took a picture of the car with my cell phone..... the driver of the SMART gave me a thumbs up while I took the pic. What struck me odd though was that the SMART had JD Byrider advertising all over it. I'd like to know how they got a SMART over here to the states - does the SMART meet US crash standards?

Hey Matt, have you seen the "Smart 70 mph into a wall" video that's making the rounds? That little sucker was amazingly intact... both doors still opened!

I saw a new SAAB Sport Kombi (sp?) in medium blue. Looks good.

I also went dealer hopping yesterday. I went all the way to York (eh, about 30 miles) to see a truck that was showing in their inventory... but it wasn't there, dammit, so I looked at all the other Chevies. I saw my first Laser Blue Cobalt. I like the color (it was a four door though). They have a Maxx SS in that color too. I like the concept of the Maxx, but that blocky front end has lost me. The HHRs are still cool. They have a black MC SS, loaded except it had the painted wheels. The polished wheels look much nicer, so ehh. They also have a couple of new Tahoes, an LT and an LS with a bench seat. The LS really looks plain with the little wheels and black trim. Oh well, everyone should buy LTs and LTZs anyway, right?

The Pontiac/Buick/GMC dealer has 4 G6 coupes. They're cool. A salesdude came rushing out. He looked disappointed when I told him I was only kicking tires.

I saw a very clean early '70s Audi 100LS today... I haven't seen one of those in years. I've also seen 3 '66 Mustangs in the last 2 days--one a very clean gold coupe and 2 rough beaters.. it's always strange to see 40 yr old cars in daily traffic (i.e. not at a car show)... around here, it's uncommon to see cars older than 15 years.

Edited by moltar

Haven't been seeing or remembering much this month.

Saw a lime green A2 Jetta on the 101. Kinda reminded me how Volkswagens are among the only cars that can pull that color off.

Oh... despite VW's best efforts, kids are still trying to capture that old spirit... saw a new Jetta Value Edition with no wheel covers... just bare, black steel wheels, driven by a college age kid with a backwards baseball cap. Now, I ask you, how does that look mesh with that big chrome tongue sticking out in the front?

Oh... despite VW's best efforts, kids are still trying to capture that old spirit... saw a new Jetta Value Edition with no wheel covers... just bare, black steel wheels, driven by a college age kid with a backwards baseball cap.  Now, I ask you, how does that look mesh with that big chrome tongue sticking out in the front?

Maybe he thought the stock wheel covers loooked chintzy. Not everyone can do decent-looking wheel covers. Even Honda's lost their touch. Chevy seems to have picked it up the past few years though....

Was it lowered also?

It looked to be at stock ride height. I have seen this wheel situation on other cars driven by youth. Is it supposed to be some sort of code for "drag racer"? I also saw a previous-gen Civic EX today with bare, black steel rims. I swear, I think it has something to do with a racing image of some sort.

It looked to be at stock ride height.  I have seen this wheel situation on other cars driven by youth.  Is it supposed to be some sort of code for "drag racer"?  I also saw a previous-gen Civic EX today with bare, black steel rims.  I swear, I think it has something to do with a racing image of some sort.

Or it could be for the winter...? I know the guy that bought the green Civic EX I previously wanted has the ugliest wheels on it for the winter. Since I mentioned it, he put the ugliest spoiler possible on it as well... :P

Guest YellowJacket894

Yeah, I've seen a SMART City Coupe on a trailer following an RV.

So, what? Is it easier (and cheaper - yeah, I doubt it, too) to import a forigen make to the U.S. now?

Rt. 27 (headed north) Sherborn Mass., Saturday January 21st 2006, 3:45pm

A DMC12 in mint condition.

Sorry passed by too quick for me to have grabbed a photo. Don't believe me? Ask XP... he was there. :) We also saw a few exotics like a silver Ferrari 360 and a Bentley ragtop.

I've got a couple more I'll post WITH pics. :D

Edited by Sixty8panther

It looked to be at stock ride height.  I have seen this wheel situation on other cars driven by youth.  Is it supposed to be some sort of code for "drag racer"?  I also saw a previous-gen Civic EX today with bare, black steel rims.  I swear, I think it has something to do with a racing image of some sort.

I saw a black '06 Sonata the other day that way...bare black steel rims driven by a yoof.