Car Spotting

I've read it's illegal to take photos on the NJ Turnpike!

I've also read it's illegal to be a Pussy in New Hampshire. :P (couln't resist)

Ocnblu... you crack me up.

XP715 & I, along with our buddy Chris went to a car show on Saturday... (no kidding) and along the way i got the munchies. So I tell Chirs to pull inot the McDonalds along the way in Marlboro Mass, he puts on his blinker, dowshifts his 1996 Cobra and coasts into the parking lot to come upon this scene:

A 75/80 year old gentleman and his wife stepping out of a clean as a whistle Rolls Royce Corniche convertilbe. Yes, in the McDonalds parking lot. XP looks at the interior and reads a plaque engraved wiht a bunch of British Hand Built Hokus-Pokus and the subtitle: ONE OF FIFTY-SIX.

We ended up behind them in the line at McDs and were surprised to hear them order up a non-value menu item. LOL :D

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

XP715 & I, along with our buddy Chris went to a car show on Saturday... (no kidding) and along the way i got the munchies. So I tell Chirs to pull inot the McDonalds along the way in Marlboro Mass, he puts on his blinker, dowshifts his 1996 Cobra and coasts into the parking lot to come upon this scene:

A 75/80 year old gentleman and his wife stepping out of a clean as a whistle Rolls Royce Corniche convertilbe. Yes, in the McDonalds parking lot. XP looks at the interior and reads a plaque engraved wiht a bunch of British Hand Built Hokus-Pokus and the subtitle: ONE OF FIFTY-SIX.

We ended up behind them in the line at McDs and were surprised to hear them order up a non-value menu item. LOL :D

Posted Image

Car show; that's funny. More like the Neon SRT-4 show if you ask me; Chris's buddy's '62 Cadillac and the T-bucket were more or less the only things even worth looking at.

Now tell them the exciting story about how you dared me to "accidentally" back into it with the Crap DeVille, to which I had to graciously decline due to the fact that the car is worth more than my life is. Also tell them about the Ferrari we saw pass in front of the same McDonald's like three minutes later; what gives?! Ballers need McNuggets too I guess.

Crap DeVille my ass.  If you're done with it, I'll take it.      :angry:  :AH-HA_wink:

Really though, isn't that the same car he was singing great praises about scoring for a song?

Crap only in comparison to what I was being told to back into, but I really do love my big red sled. There really is nothing like being in command of that much steel.

Posted Image

It WILL be going on the open market once my Riviera's back on the road, though; I want a '71-'72 boattail too much to be able to keep it. :o

You mean cool ones?

are you kidding? EVERY HONDA IS COOL! to be part of society in the cool side, you have to own a honda...... otherwise people won't recognize your ricer potential! you know, everyone has a ricer potential.... unfortunately, my ricer potential is negative 5..... I'll never be a ricer ;-)

are you kidding?  EVERY HONDA IS COOL!  to be part of society in the cool side, you have to own a honda...... otherwise people won't recognize your ricer potential!  you know, everyone has a ricer potential.... unfortunately, my ricer potential is negative 5..... I'll never be a ricer ;-)

Yes, even my buddy's stock NSX is cool....and it doesn't even have 'Type R' badges or faux carbon fiber...or yellow windshield wipers...

Well I've got a few good spots. '55 Chevy pickup, 2006 Impala SS (raced it down the interstate), '69 SS Camaro 327, '72 Chevelle, '76 Chevy pickup (mine but who counts), '69 Opel GT, Porshe 928, Saab 900S, numerous HHRs, a black SSR, couple of Vipers, '74 Vette, and the rarest one of 'em all, '67 Corvette Stingray with orignal, numbers matching 427.

Aren't the words "Civic" and "cool" mutually exclusive? :huh:

I always thought when someone says "that's a cool Civic" or "Civics are Cool" they're being ironic. You know it just sounds like an Oxymoron.

Aren't the words "Civic" and "cool" mutually exclusive? :huh:

I always thought when someone says "that's a cool Civic" or "Civics are Cool" they're being ironic. You know it just sounds like an Oxymoron.

Si hatches were always cool with me.

Si hatches were always cool with me.

I keep telling one of my coworkers that his Civic is uncool (it's an '03 4dr w/ automatic, silver w/ gray interior). I tell him he needs to put Type R badges, a big muffler, fast and the furious style graphics, a big tach, Sparco seats, etc. He's a 25 yr old GUI developer and gaming fanatic, and the Civic is just an appliance to him.

Well, that Silverado work truck showed up again... In case your wondering, that means my dad no longer has the F150. He now has a dark green 2500 Silverado ext cab for his work truck. I didn't quite catch what happened, but I heard "fire" and "tires"... So, it makes me wonder what the hell happened to the F150. :P Doesn't sound pretty...

Anyways, I don't know why, but I'll get pics tomorrow. :D

This morning I saw a silver Elise today with the targa top off, and a gray E46 M3 convertible with the top down, windows up and wind blocker on...both out on the freeway... it's a sunny day, but only about 40 degrees out... brrr..

Hyundai Sonata... looked good. :P

I saw a bunch of the new Hyundai Azeras--first I've seen of them...they were sitting on the Hyundai dealer lot, which is right next door to the local Subaru/Lamborghini store..

Friday I was looking over one of those brand new Elise fastbacks i my buddies detail shop- very crappily built for whatever it goes for ($50K??). Uneven panels gaps, bad paint flaws, cheap metal screening everywhere, dealer-installed (?) 'star sheild' with even more flaws in it. Neat looking but junk. Also sounded like crap when running.

Yesterday a bentley GT coupe was tooling along the highway, sneaking sidelong glances at my F-150. I was quite surprised how relatively small this car is- in pics it looks like a hulking 18' monster. Nice lines, but restrained nearly to borderline generic; could use a bit more spark to it. Still overall: attractive. Too bad the interior is so dissappointing.

My local dealership has 3 new GTIs... 2 white and one red. They start at $21.9k. The two I looked at at the dealership MSRP at $25.3 and $25.7k. They have an awesome standard features list (Xenon headlights!), and I wouldn't need the DSG transmission, sunroof, or satellite radio...

This may be heretical to say, but right now I think I'd sooner drive one of these than a Cobalt SS/SC. The GTI has 5 fewer horses, but 7 pounds more torque, plus it looks much more serious, less "boy racer" than Cobalt. I love the blue tinted glass, and the bluish-gray plaid cloth interior.

My local dealership has 3 new GTIs... 2 white and one red.  They start at $21.9k.  The two I looked at at the dealership MSRP at $25.3 and $25.7k.  They have an awesome standard features list (Xenon headlights!), and I wouldn't need the DSG transmission, sunroof, or satellite radio...

This may be heretical to say, but right now I think I'd sooner drive one of these than a Cobalt SS/SC.  The GTI has 5 fewer horses, but 7 pounds more torque, plus it looks much more serious, less "boy racer" than Cobalt.  I love the blue tinted glass, and the bluish-gray plaid cloth interior.

Yes, the new GTI is pretty sweet...I like the interior a lot...the hatchback style is so much more appealing to me than a trunk in a small car also...

-old Fox Box T-Bird

-69 Caddy convetible

-59 Ford

-63 Ford convertible (reminded me of a GM the way the top was)

-two ES250s parked one behind the other.

-an old CLK followed by a new one

Also, a Corsica hatch. I've always thought those looked nifty.

You 'n' me both. Maybe that's why I like the current Malibu Maxx too!

Somebody at work just bought a new LaCrosse. It's all black with some nifty chromey wheels on it. Sharp car.

Anyone seen a Lucerne on the road yet? I haven't.

Anyone seen a Lucerne on the road yet? I haven't.

You kidding me? This is Buickland. I've seen about 25 so far of all colors, trims, and drivetrains and sadly one with a vinyl top. However, the majority look great, especially in darker colors and that beautiful red tintcoat.