Official Chrysler Aspen Official Pictures

BrewSwillis

NO!!!

Such a hideous, disgusting, and obvious badge job.

What happened to Chrysler's great sense of style?

I am soo disappointed.

Just a bit too much of a badge job (not as much as the interior of a new '07 Tahoe vs. Yukon, though...), but overall I REALLY like it. Just give me any other color than steel blue, and I'd be honored to have on in the driveway...especially in place of the '04 Suburban that I'm becoming less and less a fan of... ^_^

On the whole...I definately think the DCX guys are getting a little too confident after the 300/Magnum/Charger and need to get a little more focused before they go any further into the "a little too weird" outside styling and "holy crap that's cheap" interiors.

the more I look at this thign the more I want to puke... I've been a mopar fan as of late but this is just gross, the exterior is HORRIBLE.

I think it's an insult to the original Aspen. J/K, ....no I'm not. :P

Almost forgot: Durango with a Crown Vic grille...

well...yea your right about that the startus sedan and neon, they look way to alike but the startus coupe is different, well i think id be fair to say that between GM and DCX they both have rebadges, i just mentioned it b/c what i assume are gm fans are talking about rebading on chrylers when the gm fans have no room to talk!

well...yea your right about that the startus sedan and neon, they look way to alike but the startus coupe is different, well i think id be fair to say that between GM and DCX they both have rebadges, i just mentioned it b/c what i assume are gm fans are talking about rebading on chrylers when the gm fans have no room to talk!

Well, by the same account, DCX fans have no room to talk either; you just mentioned a few of them yourself.

Yes, the GMT-900s are shared platforms.

Yes, the Tahoe and Yukon looks alot alike inside.

Yes, regardless, they still look more upscale than the Aspen.

OK, so having seen it in person, it is ass-nasty. Profile is identical to the Durango with the same side crease. The design just looks very cobbled-together. Interior is decent, though, but not enough to save this turkey.

Overall: D-

Edited by Croc

speaking of gm rebadges, and room to talk...

GM:

Chevy Cobalt>Pontiac G6

Pontiac Solstice>Saturn Sky

Chevy Equinox>Pontiac Torrent>Saturn Vue>Buick Rainer>GMC Envoy

Pontiac GTO> Chevy Cavalier

Chevy Uplander>Pontiac SV6>Saturn Relay>Buick Terreza

Chevy Tahoe>Cadillac Escalade>GMC Yukon

Chevy Suburban>Caddy Escalade ESV>GMC Yukon XL

Chevy Avalanche>Caddy Escalade EXT

Chevy Silverado>GMC Sierra

Chevy Colorado>GMC Canyon

Chevy Express>GMC Savanna

(i probably missed some)

DCX:

Dodge Stratus>Chrysler Sebring

Dodge Caravan>Chrysler Town&Country

Dodge Durango>Chrysler Aspen, which looks nice in person

and jeep has none, and mercedes so i compared almost even brands, and these are just 04/05/06 rebadges, didnt go back in history

yea about who has more room to talk, and who rebadges more :AH-HA_wink: :)

Edited by Chicken4U

.....which don't share any exterior bits....at all.....and even have unique dashboards and instrument clusters.......(Charger/Magnum share dash....but 300's is totally different.)

Charger/Magnum/300 are Chrysler's full size models..the midsizers (Stratus/Sebring) are very much badge-engineered...

Chevy Cobalt>Pontiac G6

G6 is epsilon, Colbalt is Delta Mid-size and small.

The G4/Pursiut are Cobalt clones but only sold in Mexico/Canada

Chevy Equinox>Pontiac Torrent>Saturn Vue>Buick Rainer>GMC Envoy

The Rainer and Envoy are TRUCKS. Vue, Equ and Torrent are car-based two completely different platforms.

Pontiac GTO> Chevy Cavalier

You're obviuosly being a dick.

I think I hear the kindergarten bell calling for you.

-- When you have more divisions you have more platform sharing.

Why don't you bring up the well-done ones like

Colorado-H3

Malibu/G6/9-3

Solstice/Sky have completely different styles, interiors the whole feeling.

The Equinox and VUE would fool 95% of the non-car public.

Grand Prix/Impala/LaCrosse

DTS/Lucerne

I am not standing up for the blatant rebaging of some of GMs (Canyon, Ranier, the minivan quads) but to cry foul when the word "rebadging" is used for this truck, most rational people would say, "Yes it is a blatant rebadge that doesn't really live up to the design the Chrysler has been trying to convey, but DCX felt like they needed a full-size truck and that's what DCX fans have to live with."

I think the GM minivans are jokes. I am not "blinded" to say that.

o u really hurt me with that,

ok so i missed like 5...

not being a dick just pointing true things out, exluding the ones you popinted out that i was wrong with

I saw the Aspen in Detroit this weekend, overall nice derivative of Durango. Picture of me at the display...

Probably the roof and doors and maybe the Tailgate. Not sure if that's different.

Again, I am not sticking up for GM's rebadging, just putting things on a level playing ground.

IMO, the Mitsu Raider is the best looking vehicle playing off the Dodge. It is much better looking than the Dakota in the front and I hate Mitsus. I think the Dakota/Durango front is too squared and silly looking.

So to be honest, the Aspen is better looking than the Durango, but the exterior styling of the Aspen is just not up to the 300/Pacifica/Crossfire design levels. It's just a thrown together rebage to get some more #s for Chrysler (from a buisness end, there is nothing wrong with that. I'm not a fan of the Torrent, but it is getting sales for Pontiac). Ridges on the hood does not a Chrysler make.

I don't think even the most die-hard of Chrysler fans can argue with me in that last paragraph ^

has anyone ever noticed that the dash on the 300, magnum and charger are pretymuch the same dash?

I was shopping around and looking at prices between a Charger and a Magnum and went home confused and undecisive because the interior on them look identical!

(same choice of engines, same frame, same options...different sheet metal)

has anyone ever noticed that the dash on the 300, magnum and charger are pretymuch the same dash? 

I was shopping around and looking at prices between a Charger and a Magnum and went home confused and undecisive because the interior on them look identical!

(same choice of engines, same frame, same options...different sheet metal)

That's pretty much the definition of a "shared platform".

The two Dodge's are very similar, but are different from the 300.

In person, I thought the Aspen looked like ass. The profile is identical to the Durango, same bodylines, except no bloated taillights. The whole thing was just really cobbled-together looking. Interior is the one bright spot, but it is just a mess.

Probably the roof and doors and maybe the Tailgate.  Not sure if that's different.

Again, I am not sticking up for GM's rebadging, just putting things on a level playing ground.

IMO, the Mitsu Raider is the best looking vehicle playing off the Dodge.  It is much better looking than the Dakota in the front and I hate Mitsus.  I think the Dakota/Durango front is too squared and silly looking. 

So to be honest, the Aspen is better looking than the Durango, but the exterior styling of the Aspen is just not up to the 300/Pacifica/Crossfire design levels.  It's just a thrown together rebage to get some more #s for Chrysler (from a buisness end, there is nothing wrong with that.  I'm not a fan of the Torrent, but it is getting sales for Pontiac).  Ridges on the hood does not a Chrysler make.

I don't think even the most die-hard of Chrysler fans can argue with me in that last paragraph ^

yea i agree with yah, and i wasnt trying to be a dickhead i was just sticking up fo chrysler, cause people were pointing out how it an ugly badge job, well i just wanted those people to look at there cars, i mean both dcx and gm have rebadges, every car company probably has a reabdge or two, or 5, lol