tiger woods

siegen

There's a lot written about how famous people overstep boundaries. Their fame sometimes gives them a sense of entitlement. It harkens to the Elliot Spitzer story.

If he wasn't a pro golfer, I doubt anybody would notice him, yet he bagged a "trophy." People would notice her (though the Nordic look doesn't do anything for me). I wonder what wasn't working out. Very, very sad. Saddest of all is that his little kids will be hurt by this scandal, both in the short-term and in the long-term.

There's a billboard on a major boulevard nearby that has Tiger advertising for that brand of watches he is signed up with. It has not been taken down yet.

I haven't really been keeping up with the events too much, however when I heard Tiger was going to quit golfing (permanently) I thought that something pretty extreme must have happened.

Btw, trinacriabob, that Regal in your sig is the same generation and color as my first car ('cept mine had the 2.8L V6 I think). Brings back memories. Comfortable car, had a few engine issues but wasn't bad considering how high mileage it was (odometer was stuck at 130k and who knows for how long). When my Civic got stolen and I had to drive a poopbox Mazda around for 3 months, I longed to have not had traded it in. :-[

He'll be back in the swing of things once it blows over, because the PGA needs him. I'm more of a Phil Mickelson guy, but Tiger has a ton of fans and plenty of people aspire to be like him. Without him in the game, there'll be fewer viewers, less advertising, and smaller purses. Kind of a shame in a way, because there's plenty of cool golfers like Sam Snead and Vijay Singh who don't/didn't(Snead) get the mass attention like Tiger does.

Still, I'm surprised about the extent of the situation. Of course, at least two of the chicks he's nailed are total attention whores and are playing it all up.

Edited by Captainbooyah

why are people making such a big deal about this? its because all the fans loving the scandal in this, want to see a famous person become fallible. thing is half the married folk have probably cheated and a fair portion of the married folk get it on the side as well.

do you eat the same thing for dinner seven days a week? Even if you eat the best beef tenderloin, you're still human and its all too tempting to have some shrimp or a pork sandwich as well. No one should be casting any stones at this, because its an issue we've all either dealt with or is tempting us every damn day.

it falls under the category of human weakness and temptation. we decided it was a good idea to have monogamous relationships to preserve our family units and the well being of our offspring. Yet our biological urges tell us otherwise.

What I hope is that Tiger and his wife can take the time to decide if that now this has happened, to see what's left to preserve. To be honest, I really hope they stick it out and that he cools it with the babe hunting while his kids are growing up. If he get divorced all that will happen is it will free him up to go out and skank on more women, it just will cost him BIG BUCKS.

Maybe will all the money Elin might get from him, she can buy some GM stock.

• Agree 2

why are people making such a big deal about this? its because all the fans loving the scandal in this, want to see a famous person become fallible. thing is half the married folk have probably cheated and a fair portion of the married folk get it on the side as well.

Yeah but they aren't Tiger Woods... and they don't the big-eyed guy looking at them over their shoulder.

I'm of the opinion that once you decide to get married, you'd better have all your oats sown beforehand. The time for play is over when you walk down that aisle. I guess I wasn't paying attention, but Tiger Woods didn't strike me as that kind of guy.

I understand there's an art film in production as we speak, "Tiger's Wood".:rolleyes::lol:

• Agree 2

I'm of the opinion that once you decide to get married, you'd better have all your oats sown beforehand. The time for play is over when you walk down that aisle. I guess I wasn't paying attention, but Tiger Woods didn't strike me as that kind of guy.

I agree completely. Too many people rush into marriage without thinking about just what it entails (including some of my friends - but they have mostly worked out thankfully).

Fame and fortune can change anyone.

I understand there's an art film in production as we speak, "Tiger's Wood".:rolleyes::lol:

Rofl

The sleaziness is what makes it entertainment fodder. A married celeb having one affair is one thing, but a dozen or more affairs w/ snanks and hos makes it pretty sleazy.

And what's weird is that Tiger seems decidedly un-sleazy. Those voicemail messages just seem so... awkward.

And what's weird is that Tiger seems decidedly un-sleazy. Those voicemail messages just seem so... awkward.

Yes, it's all in conflict with his sanitized, manufactured sponsor-safe professional image. That disconnect is what makes it all the more news worthy.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 1

To be followed up with the after the divorce, and fall...

called "Tigers Stroking"

Chris

Edited by 66Stang

To be followed up with the after the divorce, and fall...

called "Tigers Stroking"

Chris

I wonder what venue he will use for his tearful tell all eventually...Oprah show? Jerry Springer would probably be more appropriate. Graham Norton Show would be interesting...

The sleaziness is what makes it entertainment fodder. A married celeb having one affair is one thing, but a dozen or more affairs w/ snanks and hos makes it pretty sleazy.

Exactly

Married men should and can do better. For example...You get elected and solicit another guy for sex in a restroom somewhere...

Just kidding, yes I know I'm evil.

Chris

• 1 month later...