Chicago Auto Show Saturn Debut

Hi all,

Just checked out the website for the Chicago Auto Show coming in Feb. and it looks like the Aura is set to debut there! Previous visits to this site, did not list this info, rather it only offered the Vue Green Line. So maybe someone "in the know" can verify this??? I secretly hoped to sit it there this year in full production form, as I loved the concept and if I recall correct it was to be a 2007 model? Or was it '08? Either way, we need confirmation from the insiders here...hopefully this wasn't posted already, I haven't seen it if it has.

Jason

Edited by CreativeVision

isn't the Aura at the NAIAS? I didn't see it there but it won some award right? best production car on display or something.

Also anyone see the new Saturn commercial during the golden globes last night?

3 vehicles, Aura, Sky and Vue.

Business Week Awarded Aura Best Production car at least years NAIAS. :)

Business Week Awarded Aura Best  Production car at least years NAIAS.  :)

I don't understand how that works: if the car is a concept, how does it win the best "production" car award?

I don't understand how that works: if the car is a concept, how does it win the best "production" car award?

Yeah I know. But they did.

http://www.saturnfans.com/Cars/Future/aura...roduction.shtml

So why not run with it B)

What do you think of the Aura definition I have in my sig?

Edited by Ghost Dog

It could also be the Outlook. I remember AH-HA saying that this year's autoshow circuit will be all about the Lambdas and the GMT900s.

Hi all,

Just checked out the website for the Chicago Auto Show coming in Feb. and it looks like the Aura is set to debut there!  Previous visits to this site, did not list this info, rather it only offered the Vue Green Line.  So maybe someone "in the know" can verify this???  I secretly hoped to sit it there this year in full production form, as I loved the concept and if I recall correct it was to be a 2007 model?  Or was it '08?  Either way, we need confirmation from the insiders here...hopefully this was posted already, I haven't seen it if it has.

Jason

I SAW THE AURA AT THE NAIAS SHOW, BUT IM NOT SURE IF IT WAS THE PRODUCTION VERSION

Guess we'll see in a few weeks then. Based on the report that shows Aura named best production car, I'm assuming that information was released a bit early. Here's my theory...It was supposed to debut in Detroit, but due to all the hype of the Camaro concept, GM didn't want to have this left in the shadows. So instead they made a late decision to debut it in Chicago instead. And if Lutz is saying the sheetmetal is 100% ready, why wouldn't a production car show up at the Chicago show...enough with the concept, if Jill says it will be available later in 2006 following the Sky introduction(see thread in Saturn forum), where else are they gonna debut it?

Maybe GM is trying to play a trick on us. Maybe the Aura in Detroit was actually the production version and GM is going to unveil it as " we tried to trick you and the 'concepts' that were in LA and Detroit are the production versions of the car". Just to prove to people that they didn't water it down. That will be one hell of a car if it looks like the concept.

Edited by CadillacCTS

Maybe GM is trying to play a trick on us.  Maybe the Aura in Detroit was actually the production version and GM is going to unveil it as " we tried to trick you and the 'concepts' that were in LA and Detroit are the production versions of the car".  Just to prove to people that they didn't water it down.  That will be one hell of a car if it looks like the concept.

This would be really cool. They have made sublte changes to the interior of the "concept" car that has appeared at the various auto shows. Last November at the San Antonio Auto Show they had a "concept" Aura and it looked production ready. Everything looked like it was ready to drive off the show room floor.

I predict that the Outlook and Aura will debut in a joint media event and that we will then see that the Aura hasn't changed much at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the link on the Saturn site and I saw this:

http://www.saturnfans.com/Cars/Future/prod...auradebut.shtml

It says that it will be in NY not Chicago. They had the concept in Houston also but it was just the same one from last year.

Definitely looks to be the truth. As I was the one who started this thread, I figured it would be appropriate to end it as well. After reading this last reply, I revisited the Chicago Auto Show website and found the Aura is now listed as a "concept" and no longer as a debut. Guess we all have to wait until April now. From my limited time on this site, it appears once again that GM likes to take their sweet time getting things to market.

New Camaro...2012 maybe????