Chrysler Firepower

HarleyEarl

They might produce it but the Corvette name is so well recognized that they'd have a hard time taking a lot of buyers away. Unless they can get the price down, weight down, and make it drivable for everyday use.. all it's going to be is another viper.... Not to say that the viper is bad. I'd love to own one.. but it's not practical.

It's possible for it to be produce. . there's been sightings of 2 mules at the Windsor R&D, I think it might help ease any production quota for that platform. The firepower would go head to head with the next generation XRL-V.

The main thing I'm concerned about is the fact that the Viper is hand built, and that this thing is supposed to ride on the same platform. The reason why the Corvette is so affordable, is because it's built on an assembly line, and they know that they can sell enough to warrent the high volumes to build it on an assembly line.

If the Firepower! is hand bulit like the current Viper, there is no way they can keep the cost down to anywhere near Corvette prices. Even if they use a 6.1L HEMI instead of the V-10 Viper engine.

However, a new Viper is already in the works, and due out next year.......so maybe that platform will be expanded to accomodate the Firepower!, along with a new plan to manufacture it???

well even if the firepowers price is way below the XLR-V, why cant it comepete i mean maybe be the same stats, both from luxury companys, then why cnat it compete, i mean say for the same stats why would u wanna spend 20 more?

The profile is cool and the butt is alright if not original but the face is gross.... too... umm, Japanese dare I say? Or perhaps it just doies not appeal to me because it's too cluttered.

I don't see this as primarily aimed at the Corvette. More than anything it seems to be in the aston-martin circle than that of the 'vette's. And with no heritage or demographic established and a decidedly upscale look, I think the Firepower would be much more international in appeal & competition. Whether it would be sold abroad is another matter.

Guest lance armstrong's Testicles

they can make the same volume as Dodge Viper and sell them for a profit, would make perfect sense and pump image nicely

It was ugly-I like the Crossfire and Airflite so much better-I never liked that rear window upward kink-it ruined the design here, and it didn't work for that Ford Shelby GR-1 or Reflex concepts either. And I didn't like the Firepower's front end either. ME-412, Crossfire, and Airflite should be lighting Chrysler's design path, not this. Go back to the drawings boards, guys, and not something bland or questionable (i.e. Caliber).

Much as the Imperial looked like the poor man's Rolls Royce, the Firepower looks like the poor man's Aston Martin. Not a bad looker at all (like the Imperial), but it looks very derivative. Whatever happened to Chrysler having the most innovative concepts?

Yawn. I couldn't care less.

And it has nothing to do with what badge it wears. I found it thoroughly uninteresting in person when it debuted and think it looks dated after just a few short months.

Well, I can see why you guys like Toyotas.  Cause you don't seem to like stylish 425 HP RWD 2 seat sports cars.

Hey, that new Camry hybrid is going to get 50 mpg*.......sweet!

*according to the EPA's flawed estimates

I find the fact that you're using Toyota to bash sciguy funny after you've defended every recent Chrysler debut regardless of how homely and uninspired most have been. sciguy is basically always objective and open-minded in his posts, so the Camry remark doesn't make much sense. He could just as easily mention the Aspen, Compass, or Caliber (among others) and say the same about you.

Yawn.  I couldn't care less. 

And it has nothing to do with what badge it wears.  I found it thoroughly uninteresting in person when it debuted and think it looks dated after just a few short months. 

I find the fact that you're using Toyota to bash sciguy funny after you've defended every recent Chrysler debut regardless of how homely and uninspired most have been.  sciguy is basically always objective and open-minded in his posts, so the Camry remark doesn't make much sense.  He could just as easily mention the Aspen, Compass, or Caliber (among others) and say the same about you.

He bashes Chrysler (and every other domestic brand) because they are not Toyota. I bash Toyota because most of their vehicles are lame, and I have no respect for their crooked business practices.

I think the Compass is kinda lame as far as looks......so hey, have at it. However, I do like the Aspen and Caliber, and will defend my beliefs from people making claims about their cheapness even before they have ever seen one. Every car (or manufacturer) people on here don't like, some how has a "cheap interior"....even if they've never seen one in person. I haven't even said that I liked them all that much.....I just said they weren't as bad as people were making them out to be.

Most people on here hated the Imperial concept.....well you could call me close minded for liking it, or you could open your eyes and see that a whole bunch of other people liked it too......and I'm not just wearing Chrysler blinders like some people are wearing Toyota blinders.

Readers crown Imperial best in show

Josee Valcourt / The Detroit News

DETROIT -- Our readers have spoken: The Chrysler Imperial large sedan concept was named best of show in the second annual Detroit News/Local 4 Driver's Choice Awards.

The winners were chosen by a 100-member Detroit News reader panel after they spent three hours touring the 2006 North American International Auto Show last week.

In fact, I don't just like Chrysler...I like GM and Ford too. The fact that anyone finds the Firepower "thoroughly uninteresting" is beyond me. If the Firepower had a Toyota/Lexus badge on it.....I would say that it looks cool......and then I would bash it for costing $100K+.......like the Lexus LFA(?) will cost.

It was ugly-I like the Crossfire and Airflite so much better-I never liked that rear window upward kink-it ruined the design here, and it didn't work for that Ford Shelby GR-1 or Reflex concepts either. And I didn't like the Firepower's front end either. ME-412, Crossfire, and Airflite should be lighting Chrysler's design path, not this. Go back to the drawings boards, guys, and not something bland or questionable (i.e. Caliber).

I just saw the Airflite at the San Jose Show. I think it is the best body on that chassis yet. Seems to fit better than the 300 or Charger, with more style. The Firepower is un-necessary (but impressive). The Copperhead WAS necessary. But, no!

Guest lance armstrong's Testicles

You are so clever and witty.

You have 68 posts on here, and about 20 of them are about cars.  You can go on AOL chatrooms and talk about the stuff you talk about in most of these threads.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am honored that you pay such attention to my posts.

i have to add soemthing too, do u GM fans just come on to the damilerchrysler forum of c and g to bash the &#036;h&#33; out of DCX?

all any GM fan ever has to say in this sub forum is negative bullcrap about DCX

i dont go into any of the other forums and post negative stuff, infact ive complmented a couple of gm cars

Edited by Chicken4U

i have to add soemthing too, do u GM fans just come on to the damilerchrysler forum of c and g to bash the &#036;h&#33; out of DCX?

all any GM fan ever has to say in this sub forum is negative bullcrap about DCX

BrewSwillis owns a 300 and is one of our staunchest Chrysler fans. Moltar drives a JGC, Ocnblu and SciGuy love the LX cars, Sixty8 wants to buy a Charger, NOS is a Dodge fan, I love the old LH-cars, AzulSky has a Neon and Liberty, and that's just who I can think of off the top of my head.

So...yeah.

In all seriousness, an accusatory attitude doesn't do any good anywhere.

well they may own those cars, but they still ahve possted negative comments about DCX, maybe not every one of those, or just those users

the last time i got banned it was from my bro coming on here and saying anti GM stuff, hping that seeing its a GM message board, thad id get abnned and well thats what happened, i was banned before you switched servers or soemthin

And i looked in your rules and they seem to say soemthing about coming on heer to say nagative gm comemnts, its called trolling or soemthing, so the same should be for other car comapnys if that be the case

No. This is a GM site, not a general automotive site.

And if all you come on here to do is say negative things about GM, pick fights, and argue repetitively with no aim or reason, then yes you'll be banned.

C&G is here to foster friendship and good, engaging debate amongst GM owners, fans, and enthusiasts.

• 4 months later...

I thought the Firepower concept was sweet, I say build it and make use of the Viper's platform, and get some more profit from it. The interior was great and the exterior was awesome. I think the front end could use some tweaking but even as is it looks very good.

This would not be a pointless car as some people seem to think. It would be a halo/flagship car like the Corvette is for Chevy or the XLR is for Caddy. It'll be more desireable than teh Crossfire too, especially with a nice 425 hp Hemi. On topof that it would be a lo volume car, so it wouldn't pile up on dealer lots like teh Crossfire has been. Anyone who doesn't get the point of a halo car like this is either ignorant or not a car enthusiast.

If you don't like it cuz of its looks is fine, since to each his own, but I personally like it a lot.