2011 Buick Regal CXL: $26,995

pow

Buick Announces Pricing For 2011 Regal

Detroit – Buick today announced pricing for the all-new 2011 Regal. Prices start at $26,995 for the premium CXL model, including a $750 destination charge.

Regal's CXL turbo model will start at $29,495, including a $750 destination charge.

Regal will initially be offered in premium CXL trim only, with additional trim levels to be offered in the 2012 model year. The well-equipped Regal CXL includes the following as standard or available equipment:

* Standard 2.4L Ecotec direct injected engine rated at an estimated 182 horsepower (136 kW)

* Available 2.0L Ecotec turbocharged and direct injected engine rated at an estimated 220 horsepower (164 kW) – available late-summer 2010

* Both engines have six-speed automatic transmission standard with Driver Shift Control (DSC)

* Estimated 30 mpg on the highway with the 2.4L and 29 mpg highway with the 2.0L turbo engine

* MacPherson strut front suspension and four-link independent rear suspension

* Class-exclusive Interactive Drive Control System is available with the 2.0L turbo,

offering enhanced vehicle stability and greater driving safety, while also adapting the driving characteristics of the car to the driver's preferences. The driver selects among three operating modes that adjust suspension, steering, throttle, transmission, and stability systems to personalize the driving experience

* Four-wheel disc brakes with four-channel anti-lock braking system, brake assist and electronic parking brake

* Standard StabiliTrak stability control system and full-function traction control

* Standard dual-stage frontal air bags, side-curtain air bags and pedal-release system; and available rear-seat thorax air bags

* Available navigation system, Harman Kardon sound system, and internal flash drive (1GB)

* Standard 18-inch aluminum wheels (19-inch aluminum wheels come with available Interactive Drive Control on the 2.0L turbo)

* Standard 12-way power, leather and heated driver seat; leather and heated passenger front seat; Bluetooth for phone capability; i-Pod auxiliary jack and USB port; XM Satellite Radio and OnStar

"The Regal is the next chapter in Buick's transformation and we're excited to bring this Buick sport sedan to market," said Craig Bierley, Buick Marketing Director. "The dynamic driving experience and intuitive, personal technologies offer customers a premium sport sedan for great value." 2011 Regal pricing compares to the 2010 LaCrosse as follows:

2011 Regal CX - 2012MY

2010 LaCrosse CX - $26,995

2011 Regal CXL - $26,995

2010 LaCrosse CXL - $30,395

2011 Regal CXL turbo - $29,495

2010 LaCrosse CXS - $33,765

Regal production for sale in the U.S. and Canada begins late Q1 2010 in Russelsheim, Germany, with vehicles expected to start arriving at dealerships in Q2 2010. North American production will begin at the Oshawa Car Assembly plant beginning in Q1 2011 .

About Buick

Buick is in the midst of a transformation that started with the Enclave luxury crossover and continues with the completely redesigned LaCrosse luxury sedan and Regal sport sedan. Buick is emerging as a modern, premium brand with vehicles characterized by sculpted designs, personal technologies, luxurious interiors and responsive performance. Future new sedans and crossovers are planned and will continue to expand Buick's portfolio both in North America and China. More information can be found at http://www.buick.com.

Pricing is excellent considering the level of equipment you get. In Europe, the Insignia competes against the EU Accord (TSX over here in the US).

Regal CXL - 182 hp

$26,995

Accord EX-L - 190 hp

$27,540

Regal CXL turbo - 220 hp

$29,495

TSX - 201 hp

$30,120

This is a much better car than the awkward and cheesy looking LaCrosse, IMO, and it's way less expensive to boot. You get a fully-loaded German sports sedan for the same price as a base velour-and-wheelcovers LaCrosse.

I'd expect prices to go way up MY 2012, as is traditional with new GM releases. Right now, a Regal CXL is less expensive than a similarly equipped Malibu LTZ 4-cylinder.

Edited by pow

That's pretty good pricing, and I didn't expect such good MPG ratings. I wish I were in the market because I'd be getting a GS, although I still agree that they screwed it up by not having the 2.8L in it. But that's alright because the LNF stage kits are more than sufficient.

Ok so you can get your choice of a 27K Regal with a 182 HP 4 cylinder and leather, a 27K LaCrosse with 255 HP V6 and cloth or a slightly discounted Lucerne CX with cloth and 227 HP and considerably more torque than either other offering. Is it me or does something seem a little wrong here with the new pricing structure? The lack of V6 option in this car is going to hurt sales even if the 220 HP turbo option puts out similar numbers to the LaCrosse V6. The tiny 2.0 liter motor is much harsher sounding and noisy, requires super and more maintenance and will be more costly to work on down the road as many shops automatically get more per hour for those turbo engines. Trying to make Buick into a Fast and the Furious Saab pretender will meet with few sales I fear and many more confused customers.

On another note, I find this car much better looking than the Lexus copied bloated ungainly looking LaCrosse which will also use the 182 HP 2.4 engine with it's 4000 curbweight and all.

Edited by ponchoman49

Ok so you can get your choice of a 27K Regal with a 182 HP 4 cylinder and leather, a 27K LaCrosse with 255 HP V6 and cloth or a slightly discounted Lucerne CX with cloth and 227 HP and considerably more torque than either other offering. Is it me or does something seem a little wrong here with the new pricing structure? The lack of V6 option in this car is going to hurt sales even if the 220 HP turbo option puts out similar numbers to the LaCrosse V6. The tiny 2.0 liter motor is much harsher sounding and noisy, requires super and more maintenance and will be more costly to work on down the road as many shops automatically get more per hour for those turbo engines. Trying to make Buick into a Fast and the Furious Saab pretender will meet with few sales I fear and many more confused customers.

On another note, I find this car much better looking than the Lexus copied bloated ungainly looking LaCrosse which will also use the 182 HP 2.4 engine with it's 4000 curbweight and all.

Well, I'll give you that the Lucerne has a good deal more torque than the 2.4L Regal, but not that much more over the LaCrosse.. we're talking 255hp/217lb-ft vs. 227hp/237lb-ft...

As for the car, I recall reading a review a while back saying that the Regal was substantially quieter than the Insignia and that they were amazed at how effective the QuietTuning was.

I'd expect prices to go way up MY 2012, as is traditional with new GM releases.

Is that so? I didn't realize this was the case.

But, leaving that aside, pricing does look solid. To me, this and the G8 coming to market initially at just under 30 have been two of the best values on the market (in very different ways obviously - they are quite different cars).

Apparently GM must be making little to nothing on these first year Regals given previous references to the poor exchange rates. I think it was also said that production would therefore be limited for the first year which also means that presumably folks won't be able to get these under sticker.

With Regal topping out at 29,5 it gives me hope the GS would come in at 34,5. My hopes were that it would indeed hit below 35 rather than come in at high-30's. I am not wealthy so any new car even at low to mid 30's is a stretch sadly but high 30's is basically out of the question.

Edited by 1970s

Don't forget that, at least for now, currency exchange rates have a significant effect on Regal's pricing. Once production moves to Oshawa, GM can essentially leave pricing where it is and make more profit on the car.

That's great...I wonder how much the GS will be if the CXL Turbo will start around 30K. I really can't wait for the next year to pass so I can be driving one of these...

I'm also a little curious if there is going to be a CXS model between CXL and GS...or maybe they should have just called the CXL turbo CXS

Edited by PONTIAC06

Well, I'll give you that the Lucerne has a good deal more torque than the 2.4L Regal, but not that much more over the LaCrosse.. we're talking 255hp/217lb-ft vs. 227hp/237lb-ft...

As for the car, I recall reading a review a while back saying that the Regal was substantially quieter than the Insignia and that they were amazed at how effective the QuietTuning was.

Paulie, it would be so cool if you could get one. You deserve it!

I think it's fine... for the same price, you can choose among quality over quantity, quantity over quality, or lots of quantity over quality. For many, the Regal is as big a vehicle as they want, and they'd much rather have technology and luxury instead.

Ironically, the Regal with its base 2.4-liter and six-speed will likely be quicker than a Lucerne with a 3.9-liter (!) V6. The "tiny" 2.0-liter should be plenty smooth... usually small-displacement fours are smoother than large-displacement V6s.

Decent pricing, for the CXL and 2.4L but the Turbo'd CXL seems a tad high I was hoping it was around 1,000 more rather than 2,500. I do wonder how much the GS will run now? If it is over 33,000 *base* it will have a hard time selling with the bigger LaX CXL/CXS in that range. Anyways exciting stuff.