Canada decriminalizes prostitution

Hang on Canada, you know Polygamy is the next thing to be declared unconstitutional. That's partially why British Columbia backed off of going after those people in Bountiful, BC lately- the fear that it would lead to something like this.

They need to legalize prostitution in the states. The police waste so much money setting up stings and decoys. I'd rather see our tax dollars spent on dangerous criminals. Prostitution is a victimless crime.

In general, it is a victimless crime. However, there are people who are forced into prostitution against their will. The people pushing for keeping prostitution prohibition use this as an argument for keeping it illegal. But the problem is that wasting all your money chasing after people who are willing in keep plying their trade, and forcing EVERYTHING underground, you make finding the true victims a needle in a haystack.

In a world where prostitution is properly regulated, it would be difficult, if not impossible to continue forcing people into prostitution against their will.

Unless you get an STD...but then I guess you're asking for it.

Getting a STD from an person who is unaware they have one is a crime now?

• Agree 2

In general, it is a victimless crime. However, there are people who are forced into prostitution against their will. The people pushing for keeping prostitution prohibition use this as an argument for keeping it illegal. But the problem is that wasting all your money chasing after people who are willing in keep plying their trade, and forcing EVERYTHING underground, you make finding the true victims a needle in a haystack.

In a world where prostitution is properly regulated, it would be difficult, if not impossible to continue forcing people into prostitution against their will.

Getting a STD from an person who is unaware they have one is a crime now?

I think you misinterpreted. He said there's no victim. I'm saying if you get aids well then you're a victim. I didn't say a crime, but I wouldn't call that a gift. However, the obvious risk is gonna be there for either party.

Am I the only one who couldn't stop laughing at this picture?

Actually, most of the photos associated with the article are kinda scary.

Years ago, one of the comedians had a bit of standup that talked about appearance-impaired hookers and how they would make more money, say, picking up cans on the side of the road...

Seeing some of the people who claim to be making a living from this

I think you misinterpreted. He said there's no victim. I'm saying if you get aids well then you're a victim. I didn't say a crime, but I wouldn't call that a gift. However, the obvious risk is gonna be there for either party.

Sure, if you get an STD, your a victim.

However, SoCalCTS said that it 'is a victimless crime', to which you replied 'Unless you get an STD'. I interpret that to mean that if you get an STD, its now the opposite of a victimless crime... a "victim crime" or "crime with a victim", because you can't have a "victimless uncrime". I don't think I misinterpreted, that's all I'll say.

DF says he has no interest in such things (sex), so STDs aren't a problem for him. :smilewide:

Unlike several other people who post here, I am pretty sure that sex is not a problem for DF, and that he gets plenty. Sheesh

WTF GUYS!? WHY ARE WE UNABLE TO HAVE SERIOUS DISCUSSIONS ABOOT CANADA ON HERE, EH?! GAWD!

fixed

Correction: "about" spelled incorrect to Canadian specifications, incorrect placement of the Canadian word "eh".

Considering I have a high school diploma, I believe this is the correct way to speak Canadian.

(lol u were just doin it wrong, thatsall.)

Edited by whiteknight