Sign in to follow this  
Ravenfreak13

Has anyone noticed?

23 posts in this topic

I have seen loads of the new style PT's everywhere! And even more of the old style one...I never knew that there were so many! :ohyeah:

I saw one today, but lately all I see are Miatas. Perhaps thats the trend here now.

The older ones have always been big around here, the newer ones (and verts) and still extremely rare.

...read they are stopping production of the PT along with the Neon. True? I'd expect another PT if it's true... *shrug*

<not a D-Chrysler guy.

I can honestly say I see about 3 for every ten miles traveled, more in urban settings. They're still not as bad as Camrys.

I see tons of the old PT Cruisers around here, but I have yet to see one of the refreshed ones.

I think my image of PT Cruisers was soured when all the women in my family (mom, aunts, etc) thought it was the greatest thing on wheels and all wanted one.

...read they are stopping production of the PT along with the Neon.  True?  I'd expect another PT if it's true...  *shrug*

<not a D-Chrysler guy.

Nope, the PT will continue production as a refresh until it's redesign. DCX just invested money into the PT plant as well.

When I was in Wichita, KS in January, I saw so many of the PTs...I couldn't believe there was so many on the road (I was there for 2 weeks and saw at least 20). Back in MA I don't see as many refreshes, but still at least 2 new ones a week.

Edited by Dodgefan

I cannot tell the difference between the old and newer PT's.

Headlights, Taillights and Turbo...

With the most important update being the TURBO of course!! :ohyeah:

I see PT's everywhere. And I still want one.

I hear that they didn't sell well, but the first generation of cloud cars I sure see a lot of around here in southern Michigan.

The PT has had an optional turbocharger for a few years.

Ya. Since what, 2003 when the Neon SRT-4 bowed?

I think so. I think I read somewhere where no one has built more turbocharged engines than Chrysler. Back when they were putting their little 2.2L in just about everything they made, a turbo came in handy. I say, good for them.

That little Caliber SRT-4 with 300 hp should be an awesome, extremely versatile vehicle.

I think the PT has two versions of the turbo available, low pressure and high pressure.

Edited by ocnblu

Headlights, Taillights and Turbo...

With the most important update being the TURBO of course!!  :ohyeah:

Nice sig ^_^

I see PT's everywhere. And I still want one.

I hear that they didn't sell well, but the first generation of cloud cars I sure see a lot of around here in southern Michigan.

They've sold quite well, and yeah I seem them everywhere too.

You and me both...

Rstyled headlighs and bumper, new interior, new taillights and new wheel designs

Old PT Cruiser:

Posted Image

Posted Image

New PT Cruiser:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Differences:

Scalloped headlights

New Bumper with front vents truncates the redesigned grill (personally I hate that change)

Aforementioned new "jeweled" taillights

-RBB

That little Caliber SRT-4 with 300 hp should be an awesome, extremely versatile vehicle.

I think the PT has two versions of the turbo available, low pressure and high pressure.

Yes

Yes

Yes (although if you want the low HP version you are possibly a communist! :duh: )

Respectively...

Would make sense if Chrysler were trying to "de-Plymouthize" the PT.

It was going to be sold as the Plymouth PT Cruiser (sounds better that way too) and then the Pronto Spyder would have been so cool!

Would make sense if Chrysler were trying to "de-Plymouthize" the PT.

It was going to be sold as the Plymouth PT Cruiser (sounds better that way too) and then the Pronto Spyder would have been so cool!

Don't get me started on the potential plymouth had....