The other zetas

Zeta can support a huge range of configurations and models. Vote for the one you most hope for (other than Camaro).  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Zeta can support a huge range of configurations and models. Vote for the one you most hope for (other than Camaro).

• a GTO/convertible
    • a Monte Carlo
    • a Chevelle
    • an Impala (sedan)
    • a Pontiac sedan
    • a Pontiac coupe
    • a Buick coupe/convertible
    • a Buick sedan
    • a wagon
    • AWD models
    • an El Camino
    • other

Hmm...well, if ya'll don't know how I voted.....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

What's it like to buy your favorite car brand new? Wish I knew...

"Why can't that be me?" ... 3 Doors Down ... 'If I Could Be Like That'

Riviera.

I'm not sure why I didn't catch this one last night....

I agree ... a new Riviera would be nice, but not on Zeta, I don't think ... because, as far as I know, Rivieras were mostly FWD, right? I test drove an '85 Riviera last weekend and almost bought it for my winter car ... until I remembered it is FWD.....

Since the GTO, Impala & Buick sedan are already almost certain sister Zetas to the Camaro I voted Chevelle cause that would kick ass.

I'm not sure why I didn't catch this one last night....

I agree ... a new Riviera would be nice, but not on Zeta, I don't think ... because, as far as I know, Rivieras were mostly FWD, right?  I test drove an '85 Riviera last weekend and almost bought it for my winter car ... until I remembered it is FWD.....

Wouldn't you want FWD for winter driving? I thought that was the main benefit of FWD cars? :AH-HA_wink:

Wouldn't you want FWD for winter driving?  I thought that was the main benefit of FWD cars?  :AH-HA_wink:

*chuckles*

Some consider that the main benefit, yes ... but, I prefer to have RWD ... which my current daily driver ('87 MC LS) is. Just trying to find a suitable "winter beater" car so I don't get anymore rust on the '87 MC LS (virtually rust free when I bought it ... and through 2 winters, thus far, is still relatively rust free, with a few very minor exceptions).

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"You've made a fool of everyone" ... Jet ... 'Look What You've Done'

I hope you don't get mad at me for saying this KF but I think the Monte Carlo nameplate needs a hiatus. Right now people think of FWD Nascar-stickered two-door-Impalas/Luminas when they hear MontE Carlo. Perhaps putting the name on the shelf for like 4/5 years would do wonders. After all.... look at how the Camaro enthusiasts have excepted the new Camaro with open arms after the "hiatus" B.S.

And yes, I AM implying a modern-retro MC in the style of the Camaro. 1970s is where it's at for the Monte!

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see an Impala Wagon again - but the AWD is important on all of the Zeta line...I only get to pick 1!?!?!?! Hmmm...

Well, then I guess I will take El Camino - BUT ( this is where I get kicked by other members ) i want the option of a two door AND the four door UTE that is in Australia so the damned thing can be practical if needed... :pokeowned: (don't hurt me!!!) So that is what I would love to see on the obscure end of things...

A RETRO 67 Buick Riviera coupe would also be really cool...

See, I cannot choose just 1! :omfg: They would ALL be worthy of building. The AWD is probably the most important of all on ANY of the platforms under the sedans/wagons/caminos.

Does anyone think that any of the poll choices shouldn't be built?

I would only say we shouldn't have a Camaro, Chevelle, Monte Carlo, and Impala coupe. That's just dumb, especially if it comes at the cost of a Buick or Pontiac.

I would only say we shouldn't have a Camaro, Chevelle, Monte Carlo, and Impala coupe. That's just dumb, especially if it comes at the cost of a Buick or Pontiac.

Reluctantly, I have to agree with you.

I would most like to see Camaro, and a Chevelle Coupe/sedan.

I expect what we'll see is Camaro, Monte Carlo coupe, Impala sedan.

If it were completely up to me, we'd get Camaro and a full line of Chevelles a la the Chevelle Project as well as a LWB Impala sedan (SS).

I feel it they go to RWD as planned it is time to lay the Monte name to rest.

WIth the Chevelle it would give you a new herritage start and many options [2 door, 4door, convert, El camino, etc.] that fit with the name.

But on the other hand does Chevy need more than a Impala and Camaro RWD. As much as I would like to see the other cars is there going to be enough need or room in the line up for that many cars so close together in type? The more coupe options you offer the less Camaro's your going to sell?

The question is who are you going to take sales from ? Are they going to come from another company or from your other lines? Is there really room for a Chevelle with the Impala covering the 4 door and Camaro covering the 2 door markets. Add Pontiac and Buick it gets croweded quick.

I would at least save the El Camino with an Impala front and add a GMC with a Pontiac nose from the GP replacment. Then give Buick there to takes on this car in a sedan and Velite.

I feel it they go to RWD as planned it is time to lay the Monte name to rest.

WIth the Chevelle it would give you a new herritage start and many options [2 door, 4door, convert, El camino, etc.]  that fit with the name. 

But on the other hand does Chevy need more than a Impala and Camaro RWD. As much as I would like to see the other cars is there going to be enough need or room in the line up for that many cars so close together in type? The more coupe options you offer the less Camaro's your going to sell?

The question is who are you going to take sales from ? Are they going to come from another company or from your other lines? Is there really room for a Chevelle with the Impala covering the 4 door and Camaro covering the 2 door markets. Add Pontiac and Buick it gets croweded quick.

I would at least save the El Camino with an Impala front and add a GMC with a Pontiac nose from the GP replacment. Then give Buick there to takes on this car in a sedan and Velite.

Last I heard, it looks like Chevy will get Camaro, a coupe on a longer WB, and a sedan on the same WB. AFAIK, Camaro will be all alone on the shortest WB which will set it apart from any other Zeta coupes. I think it is a forgone conclusion that the sedan will be an Impala and that GM won't want to give up the familiar Monte Carlo name for the coupe. Chevelle was in the running, but I get the impression that GM is leaning toward taking the safer route by using Monte Carlo on the coupe.

At minimum, what should be built:

Chevy - Camaro (sports coupe), Chevelle (sedan)

Pontiac - GTO (sports tourer/GT class)

Buick - Invicta (sedan)

What would be nice, if a business case could be made:

Chevy - Monte Carlo (sport tourer, cheaper than GTO)

Pontiac - G8/Bonneville (sports sedan, step above the Chevelle)

Buick - Velite (near-lux coupe/conv.)

Generally, Chevies (with the exception of the Camaro) should be value and family-oriented, with SS models being sport oriented. Pontiac should be sport oriented, with GTP/GXP versions outperforming Chevies. Buicks should be luxury-oriented, ideally with a GS version that's more sport/lux.

-RBB

I do not want a Chevelle it sounds wierd but it has a spot in history that should never try to be recreated. Its like a Model T why would ford want to remake it? It would change its history.

• 2 weeks later...

Pontiac is the PERFORMANCE division!

No it isn't. It likes to say it's the performance division, but there's very little performance offered by Pontiac. It's a mere shadow of it's former greatness.

I just hope that GM focuses it's efforts on Pontiac after Saturn is done. Otherwise, it might as well join Olds on the scrap heap.