A Little Gift from Chrysler

My birthday present came early! Check it out:

post-1757-0-80977800-1300058150.jpg

Dear Mr Currie,

We are delighted to learn of your satisfaction with your vehicle! Thank you for sharing your experience.

It's quite a milestone to watch your odometer roll over to 204,369 miles and to share our appreciation we have enclosed a 200,000 mile license plate bracket for your vehicle. Chrysler Group LLC want to honor you and your vehicle for this achievement and wish you many more safe and pleasurable driving miles.

Congratulations!

Sincerely,

Susan

Senior Staff

Very cool, its really nice too...much thicker metal than the frames you buy at stores. Can't wait to put it on! :D

Did Chrysler send that to you automagically? Or do you have to ask them for it? Very cool form of customer appreciation.

I'll leave any snide remarks about Chrysler being shocked their cars would go 200K out of this. :neenerneener:

Put some kind of locking hardware on it, too. You don't want to lose it. It's a nice one.

What makes them special? Is it just a torx bolt? That's all I've seen.

Do a search for security bolts or tamper-resistant bolts.

For a Chrysler, you need something like this...

pentaplusmain.jpg

Click Here

• Agree 3

Got me thinking, does anyone else do that?

Again, I have to ask... did they send that to you out of the blue, or did you have to send them proof? If they did it automagically, I can only assume that in Mass., they can data mine you because the DMV is getting that info at registration renewal time or inspection.

In NJ, IIRC, the DMV is not asking for our mileage except at inspection time... no inspection, no data to mine. Even though in theory the data is there to mine for my cars in NJ, I still get advertising for extended warrantee insurance... even though I'm well beyond where they are willing to cover... so even if the data is there, I have to assume NJ isn't coughing it up. I've noticed that Carfax reports are less thorough for mileage in Jersey, too.

Just my observations, YMMV.

Volvo does, but I think for a higher mileage.

Mercedes does it too.

I looked into this a while back for my sister's Mercedes...200k or 250k I think...get a grill badge. Alas, with her odometer stuck at 176k I have no idea how close it is to 200k now.

Again, I have to ask... did they send that to you out of the blue, or did you have to send them proof? If they did it automagically, I can only assume that in Mass., they can data mine you because the DMV is getting that info at registration renewal time or inspection.

In NJ, IIRC, the DMV is not asking for our mileage except at inspection time... no inspection, no data to mine. Even though in theory the data is there to mine for my cars in NJ, I still get advertising for extended warrantee insurance... even though I'm well beyond where they are willing to cover... so even if the data is there, I have to assume NJ isn't coughing it up. I've noticed that Carfax reports are less thorough for mileage in Jersey, too.

Just my observations, YMMV.

Ah didn't see you ask. I sent them an email with my VIN and Mileage and that I was happy with my vehicle. Been meaning to do it for a while, but a thread about them popped up recently on LHF about them, so it motivated me to contact Chrysler. And lo was it so. :)