Circle The Wagons!

ocnblu

I am not atall sure about anyone else, but after seeing spyshots of a first-gen CTS wagon I cannot help but wish it had been produced. It looks really good, and I especially love the roofline and tail end treatment. It has a REAL station wagon look to it, with nice big quarter windows so you can see out of it, unlike the second-gen production version.

My first thought when I saw this one was "good things come to those who wait".

This car would have killed any chance we had for the present well done wagon.

The one Automobile showed was like the son of Aztek. The proportions are all wrong. It has the flow of a bad Volvo.

My first thought when I saw this one was "good things come to those who wait".

This car would have killed any chance we had for the present well done wagon.

The one Automobile showed was like the son of Aztek. The proportions are all wrong. It has the flow of a bad Volvo.

The current generation CTS Wagon is much more appealing and it appears quite well done. However, I think the first generation CTS Sedan is often underrated, since it has proven to be a design with an enduring appeal and really put the Cadillac renaissance on track!

I heard the was to be called the Cadillac SUX. :smilewide:

If you thought the SRX tanked back then this would have topped it. It is not enough car or SUV to make anyone happy. This is the proverbial question that no one ever asked.

People don't buy Cadillac wagons to haul much. To add a little untility etc yes. Styling in this class takes the trump card here and the present car even wins the hearts of wagon haters and wagon lovers alike.

This thing is not high enough or low enough. It is too long looking.

I wonder if Lutz killed this one when he came in. GM design was in a holy mess in the few years before Bob came in.

To me the SRX looked a lot better and had better balance. It just was not what the public wanted. Most went for the smaller FWD, AWD SUV.

Edited by hyperv6
  • Disagree 1

The proto wagon looked too much like a practical, mainstream wagon at the back, not a dramatic sportwagon like the production car is...

IMO, for a regular practical type wagon for GM, a Malibu or Regal wagon would be better..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

The link isn't working for me... anyone else have this problem? Anyone have another link to use?

I just tried it. It works just fine. Good thing that that wagon was never released: poorly executed.

It works... didn't realize that it was trying to redirect me elsewhere (once I clicked "back" it was fine).

The question I have is that I believe the two pictures were taken at two different times... notice in the rear shot that the Chevrolet Cheyenne concept pickup truck is in the picture. I sure hope GM didn't scrap that too :(

I also wonder where that picture was taken, as it seems there's a lot of new and some older GMC Sierra pickups in there too.

I know it's just a prototype, but the beltline and rear fasca are an absolute mess. I'm glad this didn't make the cut.

The link isn't working for me... anyone else have this problem? Anyone have another link to use?

I just tried it. It works just fine. Good thing that that wagon was never released: poorly executed.

It works... didn't realize that it was trying to redirect me elsewhere (once I clicked "back" it was fine).

The question I have is that I believe the two pictures were taken at two different times... notice in the rear shot that the Chevrolet Cheyenne concept pickup truck is in the picture. I sure hope GM didn't scrap that too :(

I also wonder where that picture was taken, as it seems there's a lot of new and some older GMC Sierra pickups in there too.

I am not sure where it is but It looks like the one I was taken to by a GM manager a few years back. They had a lot of prototypes there and stock cars that were cut up for different reasons. It used to also have the TA territory GMC mobile home there too. It had been ther in storage for years. I have photo's of 3 1990 Fiero coupes parked next to it. By the time I got there the Fiero's were crushed. :(

Does anyone know where that lot was where the TA Territory GMC was stored? I heard they are restoring it now for the GM collection.

Though I LIKE the look of the prototype I'm glad it wasn't given the green light as it is more practical than sleek bold or flashy. Caddy should do cars in the manner of Gen II across the board. As stated before that looks the part of Chevy, but I guess that's why I'm in the Chevy camp again(RIP Olds) it suits me to a tee. Still waiting for MY chariot as is Camino :yes: