I find myself wondering

Camino LS6

While you and I don't like it they are now selling more cars than they have in years. While many don't like it many do.

I do feel it is better than it was a few years ago. That old Malibu was horrible.

I did spend time with a Cruze the other night. I was caught off guard on how rounded the nose on that car really is.

Edited by hyperv6

Current Generation Chevrolet cars are very attractive for a modern bubble car....

Cruze is one of the better looking subcompacts...are you suggesting the Civic is better looking?

While you and I don't like it they are now selling more cars than they have in years. While many don't like it many do.

I do feel it is better than it was a few years ago. That old Malibu was horrible.

I did spend time with a Cruze the other night. I was caught off guard on how rounded the nose on that car really is.

+1

Nothing wrong with it..it's a strong family styling cue across multiple models. It's more distinctive that the trapazoidal grille that is common at many brands.

I think that maybe that's part of the problem, it's as if they are trying too hard to use the "family styling" even when it doesn't work so well. And, it isn't the styling elements themselves, but the execution. The sizes of each aspect often seem way out of sync with each other. The noses of the cars just don't seem to turn out so well lately.

Edited by Camino LS6

One thing I don't like about many front ends, not just from GM, is that it seems no thought is paid to how it looks with a license plate...many cars look worse w/ the plate (the Solstice was a great recent example)...no integration.

I do wish the bar across the Chevy grill was better centered then it is on most of the models! It looks strange and excessively high on some. The over all idea I like but the execution could be better! As ocnblu stated the idea worked for Chevrolet before and done correctly could again!

Maybe you have committed a crime ............ in your oun mind. Sorry no front plate on my Solstice or any other car I have.

That's an advantage to buying in a one-plate state.

All the states should be one plate. The front plates double the cost of printing plates and contribute (granted, in a small way) to us wasting that foreign oil through a loss of aerodynamics.

NJ a few years ago considered getting rid of the front plate to help save money, but a few idiotic groups complained... like meter maids... too lazy to walk to the back of the car.

Front plates are so useless... have you ever tried to read one while heading in the other direction at a combined 90+ mph? Modern lighting, reflectorization and silkscreening have made then nearly unreadable unless you crawl by.

In NJ, its my experience that you will get harassed for having no front plate. A problem since I've bought quite a few cars from one plate states, and I hate drilling holes on the front of my car's bumper.

Maybe you have committed a crime ............ in your oun mind. Sorry no front plate on my Solstice or any other car I have.

That's an advantage to buying in a one-plate state.

All the states should be one plate.

Would be nice.

Alas, there are more states that are 2 (apparently 19 states are one only)...and of the states I'm likely to move to, only one is 1 plate. All the cars I've had over the years have been from two plate states, though I live in a one plate state now. I've kept the front bracket and had a college plate for a while there and now a motorsport series plate there.

As far as plate integration, I like what GM did with the Corvette for a generation or two--the front license pocket that had a cover for 1 plate state usage.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

As far as plate integration, I like what GM did with the Corvette for a generation or two--the front license pocket that had a cover for 1 plate state usage.

Yeah, some of the P-brand GM cars were like that, too... '97-'03 GP comes to mind. A couple others, too... but I can't shake the images out of my mind, ATM.

Yeah, some of the P-brand GM cars were like that, too... '97-'03 GP comes to mind. A couple others, too... but I can't shake the images out of my mind, ATM.

I remember the '97-03 GP having an offset front plate on some versions, like the early '90s Grand Ams. I've long been a fan of offset plates.

I remember the '97-03 GP having an offset front plate on some versions, like the early '90s Grand Ams. I've long been a fan of offset plates.

I like the offsets, too... but it was a matter of necessity for years with Ponchos having such pronounced beaks.

I think that has the cheaper models (SE?) that had the grills below the bumper line that used the offset plate. I'm not sure these were made much beyond '97. The ones with the above-bumper grills had the plate in the center. I have the cover in the garage for the '99 GP GTP.

We have two plates in Ohio. The Govenor wants to lose them but the State Police want to keep them. They use them as targets for Lazer and they also now are using the new scanners that can read plates and the computer in the car picks out the wanted ones. No need for an officer to read them anymore.

As for the Chevy nose. I really don't have an issue with it. It is far nicer than any Honda and Toyota and it says Chevy as soon as you see it. I just wish they would fix the Bow Ties as they get crappy looking. It is the brand image of the company and if it looks like crap what does it do for those who wonder about your quality?

I do wish they would do something with the Chevy truck nose. The GMC is just so much better looking. The Chrome looks cheap and gets nasty looking with age.

Edited by hyperv6

• 1 month later...