Cars you like but no one else here likes;

I have found my people!!

Among the vehicles listed above that I have always liked: Dodge Magnum XE Coupe/Dodge St. Regis (gotta love the semi-hidden headlights), Merkur (Scorpio and the XR4Ti), Sterling sedan and hatch (and the never-in-the-US Coupe).

How about the Buick Skyhawk Roadhawk (5-speed, 3.8L V6) and 1981-82 Dodge Aries (I'm that picky...the rest of the years can Rust in Peace)?

I'll agree with Von about the T&C, but the others...you can have. I would have given Scarlet all four, except that I drove a Juke a few weeks ago and loved it. You can still keep the X6, Crosstour, and ZDX.

Ariel Atom. Minimalist and insane. I really, really want to drive one of these on twisty Ohio backroads (and watch out for the Amish buggies and horsepies).

Ooooh yes, those are awesome.

even when they had Honda-sourced 4-cylinders, they were fast enough to melt Jeremy Clarkson's face. Now they have variants with supercharged V8's. :metal:

arielatomv8-4.jpg

Never cared for the BiTurbo, but I liked the '80s Quattroporte...I had friends in high school whose parents had one, rode in it a few times...sweet luxury car in a Big 80s kind of way...

49_356_1985_MASERATI_QUATTROPORTE_1.jpg

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I'm sorry, but those Masers look homemade... literally, like the body panels were beaten out by old men with hammers over wooden bucks.

Yes, the finest in Italian craftsmanship. Had a lot of reliability problems I've read..

The bodywork was actually very interesting - note the lack of many panel gaps (they were all leaded-in from the factory}. On my car, the roof, cowl, and front fenders all appeared to be a single piece with no panel gaps. The overall effect is pretty cool - even when you aren't sure what seems so different.

Edited by Camino LS6

Never cared for the BiTurbo, but I liked the '80s Quattroporte...I had friends in high school whose parents had one, rode in it a few times...sweet luxury car in a Big 80s kind of way...

49_356_1985_MASERATI_QUATTROPORTE_1.jpg

Nothing says "high end luxury" like 4 lug steel wheels with exposed centers and leftover AMC Eagle door handles.

• Agree 1

I never heard a second anyway.

Sorry...forgot to mention it. I loved the Biturbo and, espeically, the later 430. How about the related Ghibli and Shamal?

By the way, Oldsmoboi, that generation Quattroporte was introduced the year BEFORE the Eagle.

Yeah, but the doorhandles on the Eagle are a hold-over from the 1970 Hornet and Gremlin. Javelin had those,as well, back to 1968. I'm not sure if that is the first use, though. I'm also not sure if they are all are the same castings or interchange, either. But by 1980, it was a old part that was featured on a lot of cars not desirable to a large chunk of the general public.

I think I prefer the looks of the Biturbo to the Q-porte.

But the Ghibli... :lovey:

1970_Maserati_Ghibli_V8_Coupe_Rear_1.jpg

sexy beast.

Everyone loves THAT Ghibli...I was talking about this one...

Maserati%20Ghibli_2.jpg

I have to say that while the gold car is nice, I actually like this muscular boxy look of the silver car. Sweet ride. :P

sexy beast.

Maserati%20Ghibli_2.jpg

Wow. lol, I didn't even know that one existed. Certainly not as gorgeous as the gold one, but not bad itself, especially for an 80's car (it is 80's, right?)

Edited by Turbojett

sexy beast.

Maserati%20Ghibli_2.jpg

Wow. lol, I didn't even know that one existed. Certainly not as gorgeous as the gold one, but not bad itself, especially for an 80's car (it is 80's, right?)

No, that Ghilbi (known as Ghilbi II) was built from 1992-1997

wow, really? I have never even seen it.

yay, I learned a new car!

There were a bunch of variations of the Biturbo from the late 80s into the 90s..not sure how many of them made it to the US...Spyder, Shamal, Ghibli II, Karif, 420/425, 228, etc...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maserati_Biturbo