Cars you like but no one else here likes;

The rules of this thread...we need to name as many cars that we personally are crazy about that no one else at C and G is wild about. people may like them okay or hate them...

but we need to find as many cars, oddball or not, that we are the only people who are nuts about them.

Here is my list-

I love the 1953 Ford, last of the Flatheads, and even paced the Indy 500 that year. I've ALWAYS wanted one of these since I was a kid, but have never had the chance to own one...

http://www.chicagoclassiccars.com/inventory_show.asp?stknum=3334

71-72 Ford LTD ragtop...I think Moltie likes these, but he and I are probably the only ones...

http://www.chicagoclassiccars.com/inventory_show.asp?stknum=3355

BMW 1 Series

Civic SI

OF course, Miata

Honda S2k

Boxster

I'm actually also nuts about the HHR panel

I am crazy about midsize Buick, 68-72, esp. Convertibles.

What are some cars that you all like that no one else here does?

BMW 1 Series

Civic SI

OF course, Miata

Honda S2k

Boxster

I'm actually also nuts about the HHR panel

I am crazy about midsize Buick, 68-72, esp. Convertibles.

What are some cars that you all like that no one else here does?

I really like the HHR panel as well.

I currently own 5 Saturn S-Series, and am also a fan of the Ion Quad Coupes.

Yeah, I love those early '70s big Fords.

Really like the Boxster and Cayman. For that matter, any Porsche (other than the Panamera and Cayenne).

The 2 generations of Acura Legend coupes (really nicely styled for FWD cars, IMO).

The last generation of Honda Preludes

Acura NSX

Honda S2000 also

Town Cars, and most big Lincolns from '61 onward...

The last few generations of Thunderbirds, even the 2 seater

'80-85 Caddy Seville, '92-97 Caddy STS, '98-04 STS, '05-11 STS

Many other GM models, but I figure I'm not the only one here that likes them ('71-76, '77-79, '80-85 B/C bodies)

Older Mercedes S-classes, SLs

AMC Javelins

AMC Eagle (like the concept more than the execution)

Lotus Esprit

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

the circa '04-'05 Subaru Legacy GT 3.0 sedan, couldn't get it configured the way I wanted without going to an Outback sedan which I didn't want. Was nearly the car I got instead of the CTS

The Infiniti G-coupe, dislike the sedan model very much.

The previous generation Jaguar XJ

The VW Phaeton - I'd buy a used one, but I hear they are maintenance nightmares

The first Bangle 7-series - the one my Gram had. No one seems to like the face on these, but I do.

The Chevy Volt - no one here seems to like it

Off the top of my head I can think of quite a few:

1977-79 GM B/C bodies, especially the 88, 98 and Coupe DeVille. Almost got a '79 Coupe DeVille before finding my Delta 88 back in 2001.

Chrysler M bodies, Diplomat, Gran Fury and 5th Avenue. My uncle had I believe an '84 Gran Fury when I was a kid, and I always liked them, later I had an '85 5TH Avenue myself.

Most generations of the Riviera, including the last gen, which I own one of.

Last gen Toronado Trofeo's, I just like the styling and interiors, I hope to find a clean one eventually.

Early 90's Oldsmobile 98 Touring sedan.

1957-59 Plymouths, especially the '58's, I've always loved "Christine"

Classic VW Beetle, again because I've always loved "Herbie"

1981-83 Chrysler Imperial, I've always liked this slightly more than the bustleback Sevilles.

Lincoln mark series, most generations, especially Mark VII LSC and Mark VIII LSC.

I'm sure there's plenty more, but thats a quick list for now.

I have no idea how to answer this question.

But I will say that there are more than a few cars on the above lists that i also like.

I do have an out-of-character love for the '71 Riviera (especially in that "Firemist" sort of red metallic they used back then).

I love the '71 Riv...probably my favorite '70s GM design. But I didn't mention it since I figure it has more than a few fans...

I've always liked the Infiniti G35/G37's, namely the coupes (because of course i have a soft spot for Nissan Skylines), but the sedans don't bother me; they're just not as good looking.

I've always loved the '90's-era Thunderbirds. they were probably the closest thing there was to a true musclecar back then (being that they were midsize RWD coupes)

When I was a kid, my best friend's brother bought a brand new '94 or '95 Ford Probe GT. We thought that thing was the $h! back then, and even today I can't bring myself to dislike them, even now knowing that they were FWD and meant to kill off the Mustang.

Classic Japanese sports cars like the '69-'72 "hakosuka" GTR's, Datsun 240/260Z's, Mazda RX-3's, first-gen Celica GT's, including the Mk I Supra, oh, and of course the 2000GT.

E30 M3's :lovey:

BMW 850CSi :lovey:

Subaru SVX's had a quirky appeal. They don't look like much in the way of a true sports car, then you find out they have 230hp and AWD (remember, this was 1995 or so).

Subaru BRAT (namely one I saw online once with an STi motor swap)

Subaru WRX STi's and Mitsubishi Evos. Namely GD-3's and VIII's, respectively.

Nissan 240SX (S14A's preferably).

Ferrari 308 GTS, 288 GTO

Any generation RX7

Latter-day Pontiac Fiero. Ditch the Iron Puke, swap in a GNX motor.

I also never liked Porsches until the 996's came out. Then I started taking better notice of them, but over the years, I've grown fond of them, even the Panamera, much to my surprise. But I absolutely love the 997 GT2's, GT3's and Turbos. I also like the Boxster and Cayman, but I think the Cayman deserves more oomph. It's a mid-engined car, so just imagine the GT2's motor in it. YOWZA.

unfortunately, the only thing standing in the way of the Cayman reaching its full potential is...the 911.

I never liked Porsches until the Panamera came out.

There are many cars I like that are in the minority, but none are hated by _EVERYONE_ here. For example, I like the '77-on B-bod coupes, negating DF79 pick... Eagles, Javelins and other AMCs... negating Cubitar... and the '71-'73 Rivs... but that was negated by Cub before me, Camino.

I think the _only_ car I like that NO ONE here likes is the Panamera. The only thing that would make the Panamera better would be a coupe version.

Who shall come forward and negate that? ;-)

Otherwise, I'd have to pick some of the rare sports packages available to the FWD A, X and J bodies. But I like those for historical significance, not for actually driving.

i do like some older European cars that you would have to be a masochist to own (i.e. cars that are probably breakdown prone money pits)...like the Lotus Esprit, Alfa Romeo Montreal, Jensen Interceptor, Triumph Stag, the late '60s-70s Rolls Royce Corniche coupe and convertible, '80s Bentley Mulsanne...

I never liked Porsches until the Panamera came out.

There are many cars I like that are in the minority, but none are hated by _EVERYONE_ here. For example, I like the '77-on B-bod coupes, negating DF79 pick... Eagles, Javelins and other AMCs... negating Cubitar... and the '71-'73 Rivs... but that was negated by Cub before me, Camino.

I think the _only_ car I like that NO ONE here likes is the Panamera. The only thing that would make the Panamera better would be a coupe version.

Who shall come forward and negate that? ;-)

Otherwise, I'd have to pick some of the rare sports packages available to the FWD A, X and J bodies. But I like those for historical significance, not for actually driving.

I just stated that I liked the Panamera. :huh:

A few I can name:

• Jeep Patriot (Despite it's shortcomings, you can make one of these off-road worthy. It's also one of the few small SUVs left where you can get a manual transmission and four-wheel drive. The visual connection to the XJ Cherokee is also a plus.)
  • '73 - '75 Cutlass (The '73 442 is actually one of the more attractive colonnade coupes that is almost completely overshadowed by Monte Carlos and Chevelles of the same vintage.)
  • Fiat Coupe (I have an odd appreciation of its use of angles and surfacing. It's an interesting piece of design to look at, even if it's not the best ever.)

Edited by black-knight
  • Agree 1

So the premise is, name cars we like but than we think no one else does. K:

2888340493_e1ef32d9fc.jpg

:puke: :puke: :puke:

It's those canted headlights that get Balthy's pulse racing... :AH-HA:

Never cared for the canted lights....but how about that strange upper grill, maybe that is where Toyota got the idea for the current Tundra's little upper grille... :) The '60 De Soto had a nicer front end, IMO.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

The Sterling 800 - all of the styling prowess of late 80's Honda plus all of the reliability of fine British engineering with a dash of Lucas Electronics for that added bit of flavor and topped with a timing belt driven interference V6.

but when they ran... they were a rather sumptuous ride similar to what a '89 Eighty Eight might deliver but without the body roll.

2005-4-13_Sterling825Web-Large.jpg

I remember the Sterling..based on the Acura Legend. I liked the 5dr hatchback version. Other odd Euro hatchbacks I liked included the Rover SD1 (sold only in 1980 in the US as the 3500..they sold only 800 here, seen only 1 over the years)...also liked the Merkur Scorpio.

Oh, I thought you were just fond of it. In my case, its my favorite, except perhaps the 928. The 928 was always kind of a un-Porsche.

No problem, I can stick with the unlovable A, X and J bodies sticker and spoiler "sports cars".

Oh, I thought you were just fond of it. In my case, its my favorite, except perhaps the 928. The 928 was always kind of a un-Porsche.

No problem, I can stick with the unlovable A, X and J bodies sticker and spoiler "sports cars".

That still leaves the X11 in for the win as it's NOT a sticker car the '80 was though.

i figured it meant the same thing. well, no as far as favorites go, I'll still have to go with the Carrera GT...no, GT2 RS...no, GT3 RS 4.0....Cayman R...Boxster Spyder...dammit.

Edited by Turbojett

i figured it meant the same thing. well, no as far as favorites go, I'll still have to go with the Carrera GT...no, GT2 RS...no, GT3 RS 4.0....Cayman R...Boxster Spyder...dammit.

My dream Porsche would be a 917K. :) But I'd settle for a Boxster, Cayman, or pretty much any flavor of 911 from the last 15 years...

for me, the Cadillac XTS apparently....

I'm pretty sure that I will like it as well...

Here's a few of my own, please don't throw anything at me

Since my love of Citroen and B-Bodies is well documented here, these are a little different.

2008+ Chrysler Town & Country Limited

With the minivan going the way of the station wagon, appealing to a more upmarket crowd while crossovers dominate the lower priced segment, this is not unlike what happened when minivans came on the scene and station wagons generally sold to more upscale customers. Circle of life evidenced by the T&C outselling the Caravan and all other Minivans. By that metric, the T&C is sort of like the Roadmaster Estate of our times.

112_0902_09z+2009_chrysler_town_and_country_limited+side.jpg

2008+ Chrysler Sebring/200 Convertible Limited (Hardtop)

Obviously the 200 is lightyears better but I still like both. The last true American droptop cruiser. It has flex and no sporting pretentions but I'm glad it's not a Mustang or Camaro. I kind of like the longer rear deck and the hardtop, besides it has less of the offensive styling features the sedan had.

2010-Chrysler-Sebring-Convertible2.jpg

2008-2009 Buick LaCrosse Super

In spite of the torque steer and overloaded transmissions, I've always loved these even more so than the GXP and Impala/Monte SS.

allure.jpg

1994-1995 Pontiac Trans Sport, Oldsmobile Silhouette, Chevrolet Lumina Minivan (3.8L)

In light of my street encounter this week... We loved ours and apparently they run forever. Never rust, super light and aerodynamic for close to 40MPG highway. Not like every other minivan on the road- styling is love it or hate it but I've liked these all my life.

1994_pontiac_trans_sport_se_19895167.jpg

Von I'm gonna negate the Space Shuttle vans w/3800's I like them very much w/o the 3100 & 3spd tranny. I had a wrecked Old's & was gonna put in a 3800 S/C but lost my garage and had to let her go. That would have been real fun.

Edited by 67impss

The rules of this thread...we need to name as many cars that we personally are crazy about that no one else at C and G is wild about. people may like them okay or hate them...

Hmmm...

Caprice Classic

Monte Carlo, 1970-1988 (sad that I have to specify that)

d'oh...lol!

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.models.RadioShows.legos.HO.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Nothing could be finer" __ Girls Next Door __ 'Slow Boat To China'

That still leaves the X11 in for the win as it's NOT a sticker car the '80 was though.

135hp versus 115hp? Still underpowered. Yeah, its still a sticker and spoiler sports car, at least in my book. As egregious as others, well, no... but it was no Z28... of course, the Z28 in '82 was no Z28, either. ;-)

135hp versus 115hp? Still underpowered. Yeah, its still a sticker and spoiler sports car, at least in my book. As egregious as others, well, no... but it was no Z28... of course, the Z28 in '82 was no Z28, either. ;-)

Yeah 20HP seems quite low but the car was able to match a 305cid Nova! The car had a different transmission with completely different gear ratios and axle ratio of 3.73 to 1, huge sway bars, power steering cooler, functional hood scoop, higher compression heads,body kit...

It was compared to the 320i,99T,and Volvo Turbo and beat them all in most categories. This was a 17second car at a time when most were turds that couldn't get out of their own way. I was ordering mine when a salesman tried to talk me into a Camaro cause the 4spd had a hold for epa certification I asked him why would I pay new car price for an eleven year old car, he looked at me like :blink: . In hind site I should have as the X11 lasted all of 60k mi. The Camaro would still be here now.

Edited by 67impss

Hmmm...

Caprice Classic

Monte Carlo, 1970-1988 (sad that I have to specify that)

d'oh...lol!

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.models.RadioShows.legos.HO.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Nothing could be finer" __ Girls Next Door __ 'Slow Boat To China'

I like the '70-'72 models, and then the later SS's from '83-'88, especially the '86-'87 Aero Coupes. I can take or leave the rest.