ocnblu

Summertime's arrived

29 posts in this topic

ocnblu    776

I do love summer. If only my balls weren't dragging the floor. 95 today. *basking*

Been over 100 near-continously here for 6-8 weeks... first 100 was over 2 months ago (4/21)..but AZ is in it's own little strange climate. I'm looking forward to October when the highs are back in the 90s.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

caddycruiser    50

SO HOT. I had customers right at 4 this afternoon in an already hot showroom (glass box, 98 degree heat & sun, doesn't matter how good your A/C is, it's hard to keep up) who then wanted to spend hours outside and ask 72 questions. I got home drenched.

Then again, it is summer and to be expected. But holy...

Lamar    72

101 today here in the 757. For curiosity's sake I checked the recorded high in Athens, GA. 107.

Much of the same is expected tomorrow, and what am I gonna be doing? Why, driving south through all of it, of course. :hot:

I do love summer. If only my balls weren't dragging the floor. 95 today. *basking*

Get some sunscreen, and get a Miata.....works for me....

SO HOT. I had customers right at 4 this afternoon in an already hot showroom (glass box, 98 degree heat & sun, doesn't matter how good your A/C is, it's hard to keep up) who then wanted to spend hours outside and ask 72 questions. I got home drenched.

Then again, it is summer and to be expected. But holy...

Yeah...I am in the refrigeration and A/C repair business...I've been busy....

GMTruckGuy74    228

I do not like the heat and humidity, so I've appreciated the cooler than usual temperatures throughout June in New Jersey. The few periods of heat waves we've had in the recent past, and the current one we're experiencing, cause me to hibernate in A/C places, such as the movie theater and my house :lol: I dread July & August :explode::fiery::hot:

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Lamar    72

I prefer fall myself.

I'm not racing tomorrow...I'm just too tired and need to spend time with my wife.

Fall FTW. Especially right when the weather begins to turn and the leaves start falling in earnest.

balthazar    2,010

Oops- somehow I got used to this, might've been the week at the shore last week.

I do stay out of the sunlight, but the temps haven't been bothersome, really, so I'm outside frequently.

Yes; I'd like it to be more like 75....

ocnblu    776

Here at my house, I've noticed it's cooler if I just have the windows open, no fan going, as a fan draws in hot air. If the sun is in a position to actually hit a window or sliding door, I close it, the insulating glass keeps it noticeably cooler.

At night for sleeping I turn on the fan to draw air through, not blow it in. Works well so far.

balthazar    2,010

weather.com for central Jersey says 99 Sat, but likely intense thunderstorms, then highs merely in the 80s Sun-Wed. Hang in there, CR!

Bring on the heat (in a few ways.....!), is usually my motto, but I have to admit this recently-broken heat wave was a bit too much.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'm feeling more alone than I ever have before" __ Ben Folds 5 __ 'Brick'

ocnblu    776

Mostly cloudy and cooler today, so they've ascended a bit. Need rain!

dfelt    1,872

Seattle summer is here, high 70's and low 80's with sun. Very Hot for us. :P

dfelt    1,872

I hate summer here in the desert hellhole...supposed to be 113 today, but cooling to 107 later in the week.

But do your joints ache????? They say that dry desert heat is good for the joints and sole! ;)

Mostly cloudy and cooler today, so they've ascended a bit. Need rain!

About the same here today. Those clouds need to weep.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Take your time, hurry up" __ Nirvana __ 'Come As You Are'

Lamar    72

Catching up...

It's been mid- to high 80s the past few days, which is a huge relief from the high 90s to high 100s we had been seeing.

Only drawback is that now there are thunderstorms every night. Which I myself don't mind, but they wake up the little girl.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.