Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Where will GM be gaining market share

As the prices rise in the gas market, GM will see increased sales renewed interested in their "value pricing"

Small car sales will rise (your right on time, 07 Aveo)

Pursuit sales will actually help, not hinder Cobalt sales. (for those who don't want a Cobalt)

sales will rise of 4 banger G6s and Malibus

As wildcat said, the Lambdas are coming.

I think everyone has mentioned almost everything. T900s, Aura, Lambdas, Aveo, HHR (for a full year), even the Solstice and Sky will have a very slight percentage of the market share.

I think the G6 coupe and convert will also help G6 sales, along with the addition of the 3.6 for the 07 MY.

Other than that, there is not a lot until we start getting the 08s such as the Malibu, CTS, new VUE, and Cobalt MCE.

As much as I would like to see GM gain market share, I don't still see the vehicle that'll help GM do it.

GM needs a "sales leader" to begin the process and I still see mostly plain, boring cars. Take a chance GM, put the SS concept out there as the next Monte Carlo. Oops, I'm sorry, it'll be called the MCS (Monte Carlo Sedan).

Make the Impala (IS) [impala Sedan], oops sorry, someone else is using that alpha/numeric configuration, a stunning vehicle, something everyone wants to see sitting in their driveway.

Hire Audi's interior designer to create "world class" GM interiors. Pay him/her whatever it takes to get the job done.

GM will never regain market share until it becomes a leader and risk taker, not a follower!

i think it will be where others lose their market share and how things start to split up and even out. would it make a difference if gm held on to 20 or 25 but everyone else had to share smaller amounts. lots of hungry mouths to feed.

hybrids will certainly raise eyebrows, trucks should see some gains.

china and europe looking so far so good.

due to the saturn hybrid alone, they should start to see better overall sales, i think.

also the mpg (chevy advertising x amount with 30mpg or better) and ethanol issues-more chevy, gmc may also help out with sales. whod think higher gas prices may help sell some cars. and because of ethanol, yeah even the big ones.

the bright spots should be the entire GMT900, should gain marketshare, or atleast maintain if that market tanks...

saturn will be revitalized...

Sky an additional 12k units... aura, probably 100k a year...

outlook probably 100k a year...

astra should put in a 50k a year...

if buick gets anything new it will be a hit...

we still have the pontiac G6 convertable...

we have the next gen cadillac CTS should be debuting next year or so...

possibly the camaro... next year

possibly a new rwd impala with the camaro will increase sales...

along with monte carlo... should increase sales...

basic new philosophy of not fleeting vehicles out, will improve depreciation, increasing desireable vehicles do to their investment grade as one might call it...

i'd say GM can increase NA units by about 500k units by 2008... at least...

Maybe because I am a cheap bastard, but I think the 4 cylinder colorado/canyon is in a good position. If we could just get the magazines to stop comparing the 5 cylinder to everone's 6 and instead compare GM's largest in class 4 cylinder as a true compromise for expensive gasoline.

Guest flowmotion

They will probably gain marketshare with GMT900 SUVs, but with higher gas prices, sales in this segment will likely drop off over all.