FAPTurbo

Rant Thread

A hardware forum I belong to has one. Have some RAGE to post that you don't want to open a new thread for? Put it here...

I'll start:

I spent the summer becoming proficient with Adobe Premiere. But the powers-that-be decided to switch wholesale to Final Cut Pro X.

Of course, I'm one of the only two people in the group that are not 'creative' enough to already own a Mac. So I can't do work at home or while on the road. And because my PC has AMD hardware, a Hackintosh option is unlikely. FFFFFFFFUUUUUUU.

I'm so suck of Subaru Outback wagons. They are by far the most popular car in this area.

Just had to get that off my chest. Thanx.

I'm also sick of my phone's autocorrect gaffes.

The big rant at work the last few days are the iPhone 5 changes...everyone is pissed that Apple has changed the size of the socket used for the charge cord, accessories, etc. Definitely a first world problem.

I HATE to be manipulated in the big box stores such as lowes. You walk in the left side of the store, all the rgisters are on the right side, forcing you to walk by the bulk of the inventory in the lame hope you'll impulse buy a $900 compresser, then when you get to the registers, they're all empty, forcing you to self-check, which always takes longer. Put the damned doors & registers in thecenter of the building, staff them, and improve the shopping efficiency of everyone.

• Upvote 1

I sick of everyones need to rant on internet forums.

Grammar is a big pet peeve of mine when posting to the internet. ;)

• Upvote 1

I'm sick of the endless political news, calls (have the home phone ringer off because of them), ads, etc. Just had the primary here last month, just waiting to get my ballot in the mail for the Nov election and get it over with and move on..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Upvote 1

I am so sick and tired of all the Political BS on the TV, News, Radio, etc. If anyone of these people really wanted to stand out and get a public vote, then stand up and tell us you will not be in office for more than 18 years and sign a legal document to that affect. Do not play party, play the job to accomplish all the illes we need fixed in this country. Cut in half our 1081 Military bases over seas and spend that money on rebuilding America. Stop giving billions in cash to counteries that are not really our friends. Just work hard and do your job and stop B@$ching about life. You get out of it what you put into it and nothing more. You are not owed anything.

End of Political rant. Sorry everyone, I am just sick of all the Political BS.

Jesus sweet mother of Mary, you and I need to have a beer, I could not agree more.

f@#k this $h!....I have utterly had it. And once again, IO'd honestly rather be Canadian or Australasian or French...I am so tired of watching this country screw itself silly...

I'm sick of the endless political news, calls (have the home phone ringer off because of them), ads, etc. Just had the primary here last month, just waiting to get my ballot in the mail for the Nov election and get it over with and move on..

Agree also....

We need like a two week election period in the U.S., instead of the L-O-N-G, drawn out manure-slinging fest we have now. I generally avoid most media anyway (especially teevee), but I take extra care to avoid it during the political season, which seems to be expanding with each election.

More common sense that will never happen....

• Upvote 1

I sick of everyones need to rant on internet forums.

I'm happy to have made your day ............................................................................

Edited by RjION

I really regretted not bringing my good camera today. I had to make do with my cell phone's measly 3.2 Megapixel camera. :(

Y U NO GRAMMAR

That might be true, but I'm just not feeling the rant at the moment.

Plenty of stuff still sucks, but I'm just not too fired up about it.

Damned work is getting in the way of my hobby productivity. I was doing so good until the last week, too.

I have the same problem....

I foresee a growing problem. To wit:

I have a set of rims up for sale on CL. Guy e-mails me from some sort of 'smart' phone in the morning, says he'll take them if he can pick them up today. A few hours later, he e-mails again and asks 'can I pick them up today or not?' A few hours later and it's 'if I don't hear from you I'll have to move on'.

Problem for this 2012-typical 2-sec attention span guy is, I dont get e-mails on my phone and I didn't get home from work until 7PM and didn't read his many messages until 7:15PM. You'd think his 'smart' phone would tell him that. ;)

These folks are going to have to realize that not everything is as instantaneous as they want things to be.

You sound like you're 87 years old Balthy. :lol:

Back in my day we we didn't have these newfangled cellular phones. We had a rotatory phone. You spun the wheel to deal the phone. When you wanted to call someone while not at home you used a phone booth and put change into a telephone. Sometimes the phone ate your change but we liked it that way.

I agree that people need to be a little more patient when responding to CL ads as the seller may, for example, have a job. On the flip side, I wish sellers would actually respond to the interested party. Had a guy with a mower for sale for $15. I emailed him and said I could pick it up. Never got a reply even though I even left a number he could reach me at. It was still for sale several weeks later. Stupid twit.

On the subject of smart phones, I love mine. It's been and invaluable tool for selling on CL because I can get instant notification and can therefore reply while on break rather than waiting until I get home 9 hours later to find out someone was interested. It's also been an excellent navigation unit for helping me find items to pick up to sell (and for general use).

Also, a phone won't tell you the message you sent has been read or note, the email app works just like the email client at home. You don't know if the person on the other end has read the email you sent them.

Rant: People that don't have smartphones with basic data for email. WHY!?

TWENTY FREAKIN' TWELVE PEOPLE! #justsayin

Edited by Pervez Musharrfap

They look like morons standing in line for that new phone. Some people have better things to do.

You sound like you're 87 years old Balthy. :lol:

He only looks that old...in reality he's just a seventeen year old boy who's into really old cars....