Rant Thread

FAPTurbo

I'll start:

I spent the summer becoming proficient with Adobe Premiere. But the powers-that-be decided to switch wholesale to Final Cut Pro X.

Of course, I'm one of the only two people in the group that are not 'creative' enough to already own a Mac. So I can't do work at home or while on the road. And because my PC has AMD hardware, a Hackintosh option is unlikely. FFFFFFFFUUUUUUU.

The big rant at work the last few days are the iPhone 5 changes...everyone is pissed that Apple has changed the size of the socket used for the charge cord, accessories, etc. Definitely a first world problem.

I HATE to be manipulated in the big box stores such as lowes. You walk in the left side of the store, all the rgisters are on the right side, forcing you to walk by the bulk of the inventory in the lame hope you'll impulse buy a $900 compresser, then when you get to the registers, they're all empty, forcing you to self-check, which always takes longer. Put the damned doors & registers in thecenter of the building, staff them, and improve the shopping efficiency of everyone.

• Agree 1

I'm sick of the endless political news, calls (have the home phone ringer off because of them), ads, etc. Just had the primary here last month, just waiting to get my ballot in the mail for the Nov election and get it over with and move on..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 1

I am so sick and tired of all the Political BS on the TV, News, Radio, etc. If anyone of these people really wanted to stand out and get a public vote, then stand up and tell us you will not be in office for more than 18 years and sign a legal document to that affect. Do not play party, play the job to accomplish all the illes we need fixed in this country. Cut in half our 1081 Military bases over seas and spend that money on rebuilding America. Stop giving billions in cash to counteries that are not really our friends. Just work hard and do your job and stop B@$ching about life. You get out of it what you put into it and nothing more. You are not owed anything.

End of Political rant. Sorry everyone, I am just sick of all the Political BS.

Jesus sweet mother of Mary, you and I need to have a beer, I could not agree more.

f@#k this $h!....I have utterly had it. And once again, IO'd honestly rather be Canadian or Australasian or French...I am so tired of watching this country screw itself silly...

I'm sick of the endless political news, calls (have the home phone ringer off because of them), ads, etc. Just had the primary here last month, just waiting to get my ballot in the mail for the Nov election and get it over with and move on..

Agree also....

We need like a two week election period in the U.S., instead of the L-O-N-G, drawn out manure-slinging fest we have now. I generally avoid most media anyway (especially teevee), but I take extra care to avoid it during the political season, which seems to be expanding with each election.

More common sense that will never happen....

• Agree 1

I sick of everyones need to rant on internet forums.

Grammar is a big pet peeve of mine when posting to the internet. ;)

I'm happy to have made your day ............................................................................

Edited by RjION

I foresee a growing problem. To wit:

I have a set of rims up for sale on CL. Guy e-mails me from some sort of 'smart' phone in the morning, says he'll take them if he can pick them up today. A few hours later, he e-mails again and asks 'can I pick them up today or not?' A few hours later and it's 'if I don't hear from you I'll have to move on'.

Problem for this 2012-typical 2-sec attention span guy is, I dont get e-mails on my phone and I didn't get home from work until 7PM and didn't read his many messages until 7:15PM. You'd think his 'smart' phone would tell him that. ;)

These folks are going to have to realize that not everything is as instantaneous as they want things to be.

You sound like you're 87 years old Balthy. :lol:

Back in my day we we didn't have these newfangled cellular phones. We had a rotatory phone. You spun the wheel to deal the phone. When you wanted to call someone while not at home you used a phone booth and put change into a telephone. Sometimes the phone ate your change but we liked it that way.

I agree that people need to be a little more patient when responding to CL ads as the seller may, for example, have a job. On the flip side, I wish sellers would actually respond to the interested party. Had a guy with a mower for sale for $15. I emailed him and said I could pick it up. Never got a reply even though I even left a number he could reach me at. It was still for sale several weeks later. Stupid twit.

On the subject of smart phones, I love mine. It's been and invaluable tool for selling on CL because I can get instant notification and can therefore reply while on break rather than waiting until I get home 9 hours later to find out someone was interested. It's also been an excellent navigation unit for helping me find items to pick up to sell (and for general use).

Also, a phone won't tell you the message you sent has been read or note, the email app works just like the email client at home. You don't know if the person on the other end has read the email you sent them.

Rant: People that don't have smartphones with basic data for email. WHY!?

TWENTY FREAKIN' TWELVE PEOPLE! #justsayin

Yeah, I couldn't imagine using a plain cell phone these days..that would be so 20th century, like using dialup internet. The convenience of a smart phone is great...I don't even take a laptop with me anymore on weekend getaways, can do everything I need to do on the phone.

Rant: People that don't have smartphones with basic data for email. WHY!?

TWENTY FREAKIN' TWELVE PEOPLE! #justsayin

Yeah, I couldn't imagine using a plain cell phone these days..that would be so 20th century, like using dialup internet. The convenience of a smart phone is great...I don't even take a laptop with me anymore on weekend getaways, can do everything I need to do on the phone.

I, on the other hand, use a regular cell phone and don't even like using a GPS....

• Agree 1

I, on the other hand, use a regular cell phone and don't even like using a GPS....

I can't imagine using a road map, especially in a city like Boston where you need to constantly check it to make sure you're going the right way if you aren't familiar with the city. And if you want to, say, find a parking garage with the lowest price in the area you want to park, good luck with that. Whereas the phone showed us various garages at various prices, allowing us to pick the one we wanted without spending forever looking for them.

Just don't rely on iOS6 Maps or you'll end up in a river looking for a restaurant. :lol:

• Agree 1

I can't imagine using a road map, especially in a city like Boston where you need to constantly check it to make sure you're going the right way if you aren't familiar with the city. And if you want to, say, find a parking garage with the lowest price in the area you want to park, good luck with that. Whereas the phone showed us various garages at various prices, allowing us to pick the one we wanted without spending forever looking for them.

Just don't rely on iOS6 Maps or you'll end up in a river looking for a restaurant. :lol:

Case in point..was in So Cal last week in a rental car w/o a map, but by using Google Maps and Yelp on my phone was able to easily find restaurants in Rancho Cucamonga (love the name of that town, for some reason) and restaurants and parking in Palm Springs, both places which I'd never been to before. Though I had printed out directions at home for getting from the hotel to the race track, I found a better route on my phone w/ Google navigation...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I've never used Yelp, I've got Poynt which seems to work well. Great to be able to look up nearby points of interest, select the one you want to go to, and send it to Google Navigation to get you there. Good luck doing that with a road map.

I remember the days of printing out directions, or even using a road maps. Problem with both is that if you make a wrong turn finding your way back and be a pain, or missing a turn because a street sign was either missing or obscured.

I do have Fios, a portable GPS, and both an iMac & an iPad, but until the prices come down on the iFones, I'm not spending that kind of money on one. Trying to run lean over here.

People in general spend FAR too much time staring down into their hand as it is, carrying around the internet in your pocket is just needlessly time consuming. I waste too much time as it is on these machines.

I just find it ironic that someone holding a so-called 'smart' phone can be so oblivious. No call today about the rims, BYW. F 'im.

I feel left out - I don't have a rant at the moment.

I give you a Rant, I was on VACATION :D last week and enjoyed being unplugged, but on the way home, I went by Kar Corner a specialty seller in muscle and old cars and WOW they had 6 different ElCamino's that you would love.

http://www.kompactkarkorner.com/

Check em out if you really want a nice ride! Then rant all you want! :D

I do have Fios, a portable GPS, and both an iMac & an iPad, but until the prices come down on the iFones, I'm not spending that kind of money on one. Trying to run lean over here.

People in general spend FAR too much time staring down into their hand as it is, carrying around the internet in your pocket is just needlessly time consuming. I waste too much time as it is on these machines.

I just find it ironic that someone holding a so-called 'smart' phone can be so oblivious. No call today about the rims, BYW. F 'im.

IPhone is a Joke, The latest version has a reduced feature set compared to the 4S all due to Apple wanting to charge you now for features they think you will pay to use. Android is a far superior phone, better feature set and costs a ton less.

Apple is so over rated. :P

They look like morons standing in line for that new phone. Some people have better things to do.

Worse yet, why pay crazy amount of money for the Iphone 5 when it has less features than the 4S and is only catching up. Apple missed the boat on taking the phone to the next level. They offered nothing new compared to what is already found in the Android or windows phone.

The talk about Apple reminds me of the time I went to the Honda dealership to try out the new Odyssey minivan (the first iteration of the large model, which replaced the overpriced tall station wagon). The salesdroid informed me that I would have to make an appointment to drive the dambed thing--and they were fully booked for the day already.

"Maybe we can pencil you in for a Wednesday or Thursday test drive, Mr. NeonLX?".

"No, maybe you can't. I'm not fawning over your tubby minivan like the rest of these lemmings".

• 2 months later...

Why do people insist on using $h!stagram and its dumbass filters for their Craigslist car ad photos?!

It doesn't make me think you're being an artist. It makes me think you're trying to obscure the rust around the wheel wells of your stupid 1971 Mustang.

Edited by FAPTurbo

Had to do a presentation at a client today to wrap up a project that I worked a lot of hours on over the last couple months..realized this morning I didn't have a Mac Mini Display Port to HDMI connector (for the client's conference room projector). Ran to the Apple store at 10 when they opened, got a Belkin connector...for $38. Put it on the company Amex, but still...$38 for a frickin' dongle?

Anyhoo, my presentation went very well, the client is happy...home enjoying a good glass of champagne before heading out later to dinner at one of the best Italian places in town, then off to Colorado tomorrow for 5 days offline in the high country...

Seeing more & more of what I am sure is people looking at their phones when the light turns green, just sitting there growing moss. I suppose they may instead be working their " infotainment systems"... :rolleyes:

I agree, saw a person sitting at the light and realized they were playing with their stupid Ipad. Took 3 honks to get them to move their ass since their Frinking pad was more important than driving. These people need to take the bus or buy one of Googles fugly self driving prius POS and stop hindering those of us that love to drive.

People who only half ass pull into a parking space sticking out in the lane of traffic and in at an angle so they make it very hard for the car to back out next to them and on us driving around the mall parking lot.

What the f@#k is so hard about pulling your car all the way into the parking spot let alone being square in the spot. :fryingpan:

I foresee a growing problem. To wit:

I have a set of rims up for sale on CL. Guy e-mails me from some sort of 'smart' phone in the morning, says he'll take them if he can pick them up today. A few hours later, he e-mails again and asks 'can I pick them up today or not?' A few hours later and it's 'if I don't hear from you I'll have to move on'.

Problem for this 2012-typical 2-sec attention span guy is, I dont get e-mails on my phone and I didn't get home from work until 7PM and didn't read his many messages until 7:15PM. You'd think his 'smart' phone would tell him that. ;)

These folks are going to have to realize that not everything is as instantaneous as they want things to be.

It is a frequent thing to put the hours you can respond in the ad. Simply put "Can only reply to emails after 7pm" in your ad.

• 2 weeks later...
He has all the tool he can handle at home.

But what about the accessories? ;)

No person can ever have enough accessories! :P

Beef, after New Year return to work and people who bitch on the last couple days about needing to get their certification done so they can meet their MBO for the year and why am I not returning their calls, email etc when my out of office message clearly says I am on vacation from Dec 21st to Jan 2nd. Freaking stupid morons, your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part.