Sign in to follow this  
CadillacCTS

New GM Commercial

61 posts in this topic

Came across the new GM commercial on GM.com today. It's about time GM injected some 'attitude' into their advertising. Overall I think this is a great commerical. Good job GM !

Click the link to watch the commercial.

http://www.gm.com/then_and_now/then_and_now.html

Edited by CadillacCTS

:thumbsup: Great job! I've always said that what they needed to do was to sell the company first, the product second, because it's the company's image that is the problem.

Great commercial, I really liked how they tied the company's image from its heyday to today when the image isn't so great. Its good to see that the company can put some attitude into their ads.

Has that actually been aired on TV? I like it a lot...its not nearly as cool as the "Dodge Rocked 2005" commercial, but it's very good nonetheless. It shows the soul of GM. ^_^

Edited by Dodgefan

GM: Building 4-speed automatics for longer than Honda has been building automobiles

I suppose they could outsource to ZF like another formerly American company can !!!

Refering to Ford I take it? No, what Ford did was smart: Outsource the 6-speed until their in-house was finished. This gave them a chance to be competetive whiule their own was under developement. Hence, why Ford dodged that crtics about automatics while GM still gets hammered for using 4-speeds (especially in the "premium" Lucerne.

Has that actually been aired on TV? I like it a lot...its not nearly as cool as the "Dodge Rocked 2005" commercial, but it's very good nonetheless. It shows the soul of GM. ^_^

Not anymore, I think... they were on during the Olympics few months ago.

Guest buickman

Good stuff, but misguided. Should have been a Pontiac ad. Focus marketing on the make as a brand. Save the corproate hype for Wall Street, and remember they don't buy cars.

Buickman

Why is everybody so sprung on having a ton of gears in their transmission? 4 speeds is plenty unless you are towing a trailer..... I still swear to this day that the 3 "speed" VH transmission in the 1965 GM bus i drove was far superior to any 5 speed allison in the newer stuff.... its all about "converter, direct, overdrive".

But yeah, that comercial was awesome I saw it a lot in california.

I've seen this on TV around here recently. I liked it when I saw it first and I think it still makes a good commercial.

As for this being a 'Pontiac' commercial. Get real. This ties current lines to the heritage of everything that was great about GM products in the past. It gives GM a chance to show some of their current winners across the entire board making a better commercial.

Currently Pontiac does not have much to really excite me. I love the Solstice but wouldn't buy one for the same reason I gave up my Vette (2 kids). Outside of the GTO there's not much there I am interested in.

Just my .02

Good stuff, but misguided. Should have been a Pontiac ad. Focus marketing on the make as a brand. Save the corproate hype for Wall Street, and remember they don't buy cars.

Buickman

:withstupid:

I've seen this on TV around here recently. I liked it when I saw it first and I think it still makes a good commercial.

As for this being a 'Pontiac' commercial. Get real. This ties current lines to the heritage of everything that was great about GM products in the past. It gives GM a chance to show some of their current winners across the entire board making a better commercial.

Currently Pontiac does not have much to really excite me. I love the Solstice but wouldn't buy one for the same reason I gave up my Vette (2 kids). Outside of the GTO there's not much there I am interested in.

Just my .02

Exactly.

Best Commercial Ive seen in a long time! I was watching the NASCAR Race and it came on it made me want to get in my truck and do burnouts in the middle of the road lol! :ohyeah:

It's a great ad- I'm glad they started to put into rotation.

I think it's also a very good strategy to start selling the GM brand as well. Get the GM logo back on the seatbelts and the door sills. Bring back "Mark of Excellence"!

*grins*

I _never_ get tired of seeing that commercial ;).

IMHO, it is one of the best spots GM has done in years ... and I sure wish they'd play it more.....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"I got 1 shot left" ... Sylvia ... 'Nobody'

It's an EXCELLENT spot!!!!!

I caught it in 'prime time' the other night (sadly, GM doesn't do that much) IMO, GM should DRILL spots like this into consumers heads NON STOP... Along with commercials that highlight QUALITY/IMAGE and CONTRIBUTIONS TO OUR ECONOMY!

They SHOULD be showing this ad more!!! I LOVE the attitude of it!!!!

If anyone wants to see it again, or if that link disappears. I also have the commercial on my MySpace page. www.myspace.com/futureofgm

Guest flowmotion

The subtext of this advertisement is "We're filing for Chapter 11 soon. Stick with us! Please!"

It's such a blatent attempt to spin all the bad news I think even the mythical Joe Sixpack could see through why these ads are running.

Given that, I have no idea why you guys are so ga-gah for it. Wouldn't you rather have GM advertise some of their cars instead of feel-good corporate fuzzies?

The subtext of this advertisement is "We're filing for Chapter 11 soon. Stick with us! Please!"

It's such a blatent attempt to spin all the bad news I think even the mythical Joe Sixpack could see through why these ads are running.

Given that, I have no idea why you guys are so ga-gah for it. Wouldn't you rather have GM advertise some of their cars instead of feel-good corporate fuzzies?

that's a pretty ignorant statement

Guest flowmotion

that's a pretty ignorant statement

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are claiming this ad isn't Corporate Spin? The ignorant is you.

Let me explain it slowly (from someone in advertising): These are branding advertisements for "GM". They aren't meant to sell cars. They are designed to cast the company in a postiive light in the face of bad news.

Now ask youself what is the meaning of "Then and Now"? More or less "We aren't going to go away even though we might file for bankrupcy."

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this