Chrysler News: Spying: Chrysler 200, Now In Its Own Skin

William Maley

William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

September 18, 2013

When we have brought you spy shots of the next-generation Chrysler 200, it was usually under the cloak of a Alfa Romeo Giulietta. But this week, the first spy shots of the next-gen 200 in its own flesh has been released.

While Chrysler went crazy with the amount of camoflage on this mule, we can take away some information about the new 200. For starters, the next-gen 200 will adopt a four-door coupe silhouette. It also looks like the 200 will come with a short decklid with a spoiler. There isn't as many clues with the front end, though we're guessing a sleeker look is in play.

Power will come from two engines; the 2.4L four-cylinder from the Dodge Dart and 3.2L V6 from the new Cherokee. Also coming from the Cherokee is the new nine-speed automatic transmission.

Source: Autoblog

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at [email protected] or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

View full article

Reg, it's amazing how you are able to deduce a vehicle's exact shape behind heavy camouflage. I don't know why they even bother with spy photographers when they could just wheel your ass out to the proving grounds and the world will instantly know what it looks like through your x-ray eyes.

• Agree 3

grow a pair. other people have opinions. deal with them or ignore them as you see fit. I have a hard time believing you would get your panties in a bunch about it if it were a Toyota I was critiquing. We all know you are a Mopar fanboi. You don't need to incessantly defend them like it was your girlfriend that just got beat up by an attacker.

It's more or less gonna be a rebadged Fiat, hope the front end is not as atrocious as the new Cherokee.

UGH, Another non inspirational Jelly Bean design.

and I summed up a similar impression just by saying BLOB.

Edited by regfootball
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Reg, it's amazing how you are able to deduce a vehicle's exact shape behind heavy camouflage. I don't know why they even bother with spy photographers when they could just wheel your ass out to the proving grounds and the world will instantly know what it looks like through your x-ray eyes.

What exactly is the point of anyone even posting topics on vehicles in camouflage then? If we aren't expecting a reaction then don't even bother making the damn thread.

• Disagree 2

grow a pair. other people have opinions. deal with them or ignore them as you see fit. I have a hard time believing you would get your panties in a bunch about it if it were a Toyota I was critiquing. We all know you are a Mopar fanboi. You don't need to incessantly defend them like it was your girlfriend that just got beat up by an attacker.

It's more or less gonna be a rebadged Fiat, hope the front end is not as atrocious as the new Cherokee.

UGH, Another non inspirational Jelly Bean design.

and I summed up a similar impression just by saying BLOB.

Oh please, nearly every single new car that's spied under heavy camouflage you make asinine assumptions based on what you think you see. Remember, the camouflage is there for a reason, and in case you forget what camouflage actually means, I'll help you.

camouflage [ˈkæməˌflɑːʒ]

n
1. (Military) the exploitation of natural surroundings or artificial aids to conceal or disguise the presence of military units, equipment, etc.
2. (modifier) (of fabric or clothing) having a design of irregular patches of dull colours (such as browns and greens), as used in military camouflage
3. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Biology) the means by which animals escape the notice of predators, usually because of a resemblance to their surroundings: includes cryptic and apatetic coloration
4. a device or expedient designed to conceal or deceive

The only things a reasonable person would deduce are that 1.) It has 4 wheels (holy balls!), 2.) It no longer has the crappy roof line the current 200 inherited from the terrible Sebring, and 3.) It appears to have a pretty long front overhang, but the thinking man will know that this last part can't be fully judged with all the camouflage on it.

• Agree 1

to reiterate then,

If there is nothing to see that we are given the permission to have an opinion on, then what is the purpose of the thread, or even the whole spy photo industry?

At least on GMI, how many 2016 Chevy Cruze spy photos threads have there been lately? Yet at least it's not a crime to give an initial reaction.

How many damn ATS threads were there, CTS threads?

I still maintain that if you merely replace 'Chrysler 200' in this thread with 'toyota', I don't think you would have had gotten wound up about it.

It's still a camouflaged test mule so we really have no idea how the production version is going to look like.

I think if it's based of an Alfa Romeo then it should be very attractive as I quite like the styling of Alfas.

It should have a lot of pep too as the 3.2L V6 is no joke.