LA Auto Show: Coming Soon, The 2015 Chevrolet Colorado: Comments

William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

November 12, 2013

We have a date! November 20 is when General Motors will reveal the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado pickup. The debut will take place at the LA Auto Show and to commemorate this announcement, Chevrolet has released a teaser shot of the Colorado under a cover and standing next to the 2014 Silverado and Silverado HD.

Now as we have reported previously, the new Colorado will be different looking than model sold elsewhere. This is in part to keep a family resemblance with the larger trucks. We also hear that a diesel could end up in the Colorado in the near future.

The Colorado and its sister model, the GMC Canyon will go into production at GM's Wentzville, Missouri sometime next year or 2015.

Source: Chevrolet

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at [email protected]or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

Press Release is on Page 2

Chevrolet Colorado to Debut at Los Angeles Auto Show

DETROIT – In less than a year, Chevrolet has reengineered its entire full-sized truck portfolio with an all-new Silverado 1500, 2500 and 3500. On November 20 during media days at the Los Angeles Auto Show, the final piece of Chevrolet's pickup truck portfolio will be revealed.

The all-new Chevrolet Colorado will reinvent what a midsized pickup should be. The Colorado is engineered to be the most capable, most versatile and technologically advanced midsized truck in the market. Watch it revealed live from Los Angeles on November 20 here: http://youtu.be/-XkUGs-OEE4

View full article

I would really like to see a regular cab version built... obviously. But if this "footprint" plan to bend CAFE is to be believed, maybe my hopes are dashed. It looks really big in the teaser shot next to the Silvy. This is exciting news though! Can't wait!

I read this story and laughed as they say these baby Duramax engines 2.5 and 2.8L were designed with VM Motori as additions to the Duramax family for markets where high gas mileage and low product cost is a requirement.

Quote:

"The newly-developed 2.5-litre and 2.8-litre Duramax diesel engines have OHC valvetrains in aluminium cylinder heads and turbocharging.

Designed to offer class-leading torque, reliability and excellent fuel economy, the new Duramax engines have been tested in extreme conditions in Africa, Asia, Europe, North America and South America. They meet the advanced Euro IV emission standard."

So if these engines were tested here, why are they not an option now?

http://www.motortrader.com.my/news/GM-s-new-Thai-engine-plant-starts-operations/

Hello GM, the US Market is very interested in these too.

Bring the 2.8L here for the Colorado/Canyon family. This is a perfect motor.

post-12-0-70959800-1384353041_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-15767400-1384354118_thumb.jpg

The new Canyon/Colorado trucks are suppose to be on sale in Q4 2014 as 2015 model year trucks. I'm expecting to see roll-outs mid-to-late summer, similar to the full size pickups this year. I'm sure regular cabs will be in the offering, at least initially, mainly for fleet and commerical sales targets. The old Ford Ranger's absence from the marketplace may be the reason why companies consider a regular cab (I see many fleet and work truck regular cab Colorado's on my daily commute to work every day on Route 295 & Route 1). There is a regular cab model sold in teh global markets, so I wouldn't expect GM to cancel that model just yet. We all know that retail sales will be mostly extended and crew cab models.

Sadly, there is no mention of the Canyon debut. I went to the LA Auto Show site this past weekend to see who had press events scheduled, as rumors months ago indicated that GM would debut the trucks in LA. I found that Chevy had a press event scheduled on Wednesday, November 20th from 9:30-9:55 AM PST. Either GMC will be included at the same time or GMC will debut it separately from the Chevy event but within days of the Colorado's showing.

Sounds like Chevy and GMC want to stay apart and truly differentiate their products which would be a good thing. No need to have them sit side by side and be called the twins.

Yes we know they are off the same base platform, but at least truly make the external and internal area different.

Waaaayyyyyy too long for these trucks to come out. Just had to buy out my 2011 Terrain lease since my original plan was to wait 3 years and get the Canyon. That's now over 4 years.

Worked out ok since the Terrain is worth $23,000 (I only have 13,000 miles on it after 3 years) and I have a $16,000 buy out.

I just want to see these damn trucks already.

What engine? 4.3L V6?

A lot of forum chatter wants the 4.3L EcotTec3 V6, but GM has stated in the not too distant past the full-size and medium size pickups will share nothing. Many are banking on the updated 3.6L V6 engine to be the top offering. Rumors abound from here to there, we'll know for sure next Wednesday around noon (EST).

Does anyone have any sneak peeks of what the exterior/interior will look like? Any major styling updates?

This is the official teaser released by GM in early August:

2015-chevrolet-colorado-teaser-796x528.j

There's tons of camo'ed pics on the Internet, but nothing concrete that GM has shown. It's safe to say that the exterior panels will be different from the Global Colorado (mainly from the A-pillar forward), and that a longer bed will be offered/used (longer frames) too.

Next Wednesday, November 20th, 9:30AM PST (12:30 EST) all will be revealed! Go here that day to watch the reveal live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XkUGs-OEE4&feature=youtu.be

Edited by GMTruckGuy74