Someone at Lincoln Canada isn't having the best of days. The site revealed the 2016 Lincoln MKX before its official debut at the Detroit Auto Show on Tuesday. We're assuming this is an accidental leak judging by how the link to the MKX now leads to an error page. But nevertheless, we have pictures and some information about Lincoln's newest model.

The exterior very much mimics the smaller MKC crossover and that isn't a bad thing, since it doesn't look like a rebadged Ford Edge. Such details as HID lights with LED accents, a camera that pops up from the front emblem, and a panoramic sunroof are apparent in the pictures. Inside, the interior layout is similar to newer Lincoln models. The difference is that you'll find buttons and knobs to control the climate and radio, not the awful touch controls that have been a part of Lincoln models for the past few years.

We don't know much on what engines or transmissions the MKX will come with. The only engine we know of is a 2.7L EcoBoost that will be optional.

We'll have more information and pictures live from Detroit when Lincoln introduces the 2016 MKX on Tuesday, January 13th at 10:25 AM

You can sign up to follow all the stories from Detroit here, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.

Source: Lincoln Canada via Autoblog

View full article

Yawn!

Ford really need to step up like Cadillac and really set Lincoln apart and make them much more different than the Ford line.

But the infighting at Ford over Lincoln has been even worse than the infighting that GM has over Cadillac. They were to the point that many with in Ford wanted to shut the line down. Now that they have saved them they need to step it up and break them free of ford and the closer platform sharing they have been doing. While they have reimagined Fords pretty well from the same platform they will still need to do better even as Cadillac has found out.

Lincoln needs its own identity.

It is nice as heck, but like hyper says... YAWN.  No way do I advocate Lincoln take a page out of the Alien playbook of Lexus, but this whole idea of quiet, solid elegance they're trying to push just isn't keeping people alert.

The MKZ I like, it is unique in shape and it stands out in the class.  The MKC and MKX look nothing like their Ford siblings, so that problem is solved, it's just that the Fords look snazzier, somehow.

Lincoln, unlike Cadillac, has fewer iconic design cues to pull into a cohesive identity for today.  I wish them all the luck in the world at finding their birth mother so they can succeed.

Looks pretty nice & has some different, nice touches (center console). Sits real well body-wheels wise.

Anyone have an idea what's going on with the hinged nose emblem?

Lincoln has one negative they can use to their advantage- relative obscurity. It gives the division the potential to 'come out of nowhere' without having to fight  much of an established negative image. They're making small noises like they are aware of this...

Well I understand why they are in this segment as Lexus proved the FWD AWD market is very profitable. Cadillac also learned this with the SRX.

Fords first attempt at the Lincoln like this was weak as it still looked like the Ford. In this one they have expanded it a little more but I think they should have gone farther. I expect the new SRX to take it a step farther this time too and wonder if it is taking the GMC Terrain with it since both will be built in the same plant. Both may be LWB version of this platform as the SRX is now.

In this segment it is best if you are going to share with Ford you hide it better.

Ford also needs a smaller SUV that is sporty and more BMW like. I expect Cadillac to also offer this version too at some point. Again a lot of money in this segment already is being made and why leave it on the table. The CUV and small SUV market is going to dominate the entire market soon. The CUV market has already has passed up the Sedans last year.

I can say that its not terrible; the design is attractive enough on its own. But, once you consider the MKC, which seems to wear the same design much better, it starts to feel old already. It's so similar to the MKC with the biggest difference being the rear taillight treatment. Overall, the details don't appear to work as well. Also, while I'm a fan of having a brand image that proliferates through the entire lineup, this feels a little excessive. Side by side, it is literally the same design, right down to most of the details, as the MKC. A little nip here, tuck there, and scaled up a few notches. That's the MKX.

smk4565 has a good point. It's something to keep in mind, considering the huge and developed used cars industry in the US. Buying one of the used would be awesome, as it has a very slick design and the long panoramic sunroof is a luxury many families will love.

The best thing about Lincoln is all their products after 3 years cost about half what they were new. So you can score a used one of these for under $25k in 3 years. That is good value.

That's an S-Class like depreciation percentage!

Edit: Assuming you originally bought an MKX for $50,000...

The best thing about Lincoln is all their products after 3 years cost about half what they were new. So you can score a used one of these for under $25k in 3 years. That is good value.

So MB S-Class is now equal to Lincoln since they both have about the same heavy depreciation.

S-classes don't depreciate that fast. Lincoln has probably the worst resale value of any luxury brand. You can get a 2012 MKZ for under $20k. I am just saying that if you were looking for a crossover in a few years, the MKX will probably be $5-10,000 less than a used Lexus and about the price of a new CR-V. You'd have to be a fool to buy a Lincoln new, but they make a great deal when used.

S-classes don't depreciate that fast. Lincoln has probably the worst resale value of any luxury brand. You can get a 2012 MKZ for under $20k. I am just saying that if you were looking for a crossover in a few years, the MKX will probably be $5-10,000 less than a used Lexus and about the price of a new CR-V. You'd have to be a fool to buy a Lincoln new, but they make a great deal when used.

S-Classes lose an entire E-class in value in their first 3 years ($60k).  If you get the MKX at $45k and it's worth $20k 3 years later, you're still $35k ahead of an S-class buyer in depreciation.  In fact, the MKX could depreciate 100% to $0 and you'd still lose $15k less than the S-Class buyer. There are bunches of 2012 S550 4-Matics around for $36k - $38k... those were $97k new.... that's OVER 55% depreciation in 3 years.

That said, I really didn't like the MKX when I sat in it.  The console is freaking HUGE!  It's such a large SUV with so little space.