TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I do not remember that chrome bar on the front. Exciting they are here, but will have to wait till I see more on them. Was the Sport model, top of the line Monochromatic? 🤔

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, dfelt said:

Was the Sport model, top of the line Monochromatic? 🤔

Well, the white one in the video is the Premiere, featuring body-color lower cladding.  The RS, IIRC one level down from the Premiere, features gloss black painted lower cladding.  The lower trims get black textured lower cladding, as seen on the black one in the video.

• Thanks 1

Man, didn’t even get to see the Blazers there yet...oh well.

No matter, today I picked up a 2019 Equinox LS in Kinetic Blue.

Posted a few pics of FB, as I get a few more (snowing here now), I will post those bad boys here.....

One thing I like about this color is that it gives it a sporty look without the chrome......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, balthazar said:

DSC05382.JPG

I almost thought I was looking at couch or bedframe that someone took off the furnishing.

Yup the Grand Prix  garage Couch edition

Decided to get rid of stock AM Radio.. cut dash and slipped in a new sytem. Ran wires to the rear after I cut holes in the top, cause these cars only came with a speaker in the middle of the seats and in the middle of the dash. This spring I will paint dash and what not... 

• Like 1

Just thinking back.. I remember when I got my STS backin '05 .. GM was putting actual 40 GB HARD DRIVES in cars for music... Now I put all my music on a 64GB Flash or SD cards

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, riviera74 said:

So who's going to rescue that mid-60s Grand Prix out of that garage?

That's a '64. I consider it 'rescued'; it's mine. I am going to do some 'purging' in the garage this week, but I'm working on the '59 right now. But people around me are increasingly on me to get something done with it (including numerous offers to buy), perhaps me posting this pic is looking for more 'kicks in the ass'. I have the resident '63 Corvette still in my shop- it should leave in a few weeks (I hope), opening 1 bay up- perhaps then, along with the Purge, I can look at giving some attention to it. The motor is free, and it hasn't shown any deterioration since it was garaged... but I would have to go thru all systems to attempt to re-road it. It's been sitting for... many years now.

52 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Decided to get rid of stock AM Radio...

What vehicle is that?

Edited by balthazar
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Yeah everything in time. Seats and upholstery was redone but the dash... I was always afraid of doing a repaint but if I take my time this Spring and mask everything off properly I should be good to go

Always fun working on your own ride...

Love the vintage action!

Granted it is just plastic but I still really love 53 to 56 Ford Trucks....

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Always fun working on your own rides

Its really the only way to go in my opinion. Last hope for fun of a Shade Tree Mechanic. New cars are too techy for major things. Being able to pull an engine, tranny, etc is confined to older rides. 

17 hours ago, balthazar said:

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 1.58.51 AM.png

Could have been a nice Trans-Am

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Its really the only way to go in my opinion. Last hope for fun of a Shade Tree Mechanic. New cars are too techy for major things. Being able to pull an engine, tranny, etc is confined to older rides. 

Course always fun if you have the time and money to take a newer auto you like that say has a blown motor and decide you want to convert it to an EV for local commute fun. :P 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook