Random Thoughts Thread

23 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Wonderful NOT, incompetent leadership strikes again in that the EPA has removed the laws covering regulation of lead and other harmful emissions that can affect our kids and our health all for the all mighty dollar.

https://electrek.co/2020/04/16/epa-kills-mercury-pollution-rule-putting-pregnant-women-minorities-at-risk/#more-130668

Now That is SAD.  But expected behavior given the current administration.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, dfelt said:

Wonderful NOT, incompetent leadership strikes again in that the EPA has removed the laws covering regulation of lead and other harmful emissions that can affect our kids and our health all for the all mighty dollar.

https://electrek.co/2020/04/16/epa-kills-mercury-pollution-rule-putting-pregnant-women-minorities-at-risk/#more-130668

What a joke, might as well rename it the Environmental Poisoning Agency.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, balthazar said:

Wondering where you saw it- it popped up in a small FB page like 2 days ago, never saw it before so I started spreadin it around. 
You need to watch the HAMB ‘vintage pics of days gone by thread. Very busy, very cool images.

I grabbed off of a small FB page.  No clue what kind of truck it is.  Thought it was cool.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

I grabbed off of a small FB page.  No clue what kind of truck it is.  Thought it was cool.

Ultimate Fake News right there, it was from Facebook. :rofl:

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Had a bit here Wednesday night and light flurries yesterday, more coming today.  Unusual to see April snow in Ohio, can't recall the last time I've seen that.   Had a bit of ice on it, fell at the end of the driveway on my arse yesterday morning when rolling out the wheely bins.

IMG-3815.jpg

Yep, that is about what we have now....granted it is pretty.

Would much rather be outside though!

Ford Focus RS is officially dead in Europe as the auto cannot meet the current or future emission requirements.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2020/04/european-emission-regulations-killed-the-ford-focus-rs/

Ford News gets worse, Ford is expected to have a $2 billion dollar loss for Q1 of 2020 after a terrible Q4 2019. China and Europe blinked off in mid January and as such, Ford SEC filing is stating a 16% drop for Q1 of 2020 and Q2 could get much worse. OUCH 🥺

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2020/04/gird-your-investor-loins-ford-predicts-2-billion-loss/

Awesome ride, asking price for this 1988 T-Top Buick LeSabre is $6,500

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2020/04/rare-rides-the-1988-buick-lesabre-t-type-coupe/

1663508457-610x458.jpg

• Agree 3

9 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Snowing again...

Any deer meandering through your neighborhood?

3 hours ago, dfelt said:

Awesome ride, asking price for this 1988 T-Top Buick LeSabre is $6,500

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2020/04/rare-rides-the-1988-buick-lesabre-t-type-coupe/

1663508457-610x458.jpg

Those coupes were rare, even when they were newly released.  Not many were sold, IIRC. Trying to figure out which "fraternal twin" looked better - the Buick LeSabre 2-door coupe or the Olds 88 Royale 2-door coupe ... maybe the Olds.

5 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Any deer meandering through your neighborhood?

Every day... esp. in the evening and at night..my motion-sensing cameras catch them meandering through front yard, across the driveway, down the side, in the backyard.  

Caught this pic of a bunch of them in the yard recently..

IMG-3473.jpg

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Every day... esp. in the evening and at night..my motion-sensing cameras catch them meandering through front yard, across the driveway, down the side, in the backyard.  

IMG-3473.jpg

They're annoying, cute, stupid, and a few other adjectives.

3 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

They're annoying, cute, stupid, and a few other adjectives.

It's fun to watch them come up to my patio and eat out of the bird feeders...but I don't like when they dig up the yard looking for grubs, or leave their poo pellets that a couple of my dogs love to hoover up...

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

IMG-3473.jpg

Tasty BBQ Time! :P

Searching for all kinds of Boeing 747 pics on the net, because I love this airplane, I came across this 747 Airforce One pic that I found particularly interesting. 

Front and center is the President's ride while in the background is his own.  I think its a great picture to share with you guys. 

Free Auto Talk - Page 209 of 1109 -

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, balthazar said:

Alaska1962-9.1.png

Sink hole or did the water main break?

50 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Searching for all kinds of Boeing 747 pics on the net, because I love this airplane, I came across this 747 Airforce One pic that I found particularly interesting. 

Front and center is the President's ride while in the background is his own.  I think its a great picture to share with you guys. 

Free Auto Talk - Page 209 of 1109 -

Plane in the background makes me want to :puke:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Plane in the background makes me want to :puke:

Who cares who rides in it. Ignore what the name represents.   Appreciate the airplane. Its a 757. Its a beautiful airplane in its own right. Its got great graphics.  

And a hater of that name, myself included...and that hatred goes waaaaay back waaaaay before he was in any Presidential race. It goes waaaaaay before he was a TV celebrity. It actually goes back to when he made a cameo in a certain XMAS movie sequel...

I never liked the guy. Always somehow knew he was a con and a fake. 

But I appreciate what he owns.  All his private jets and helicopters past or present and the Trump Tower in NY are...truly awesome.   I wish I could own some kind of high rise in New York City so I could plaster my family name on it.  That is quite the accomplishment no matter what I think of the man. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

Who cares who rides in it. Ignore what the name represents.   Appreciate the airplane. Its a 757. Its a beautiful airplane in its own right. Its got great graphics.  

And a hater of that name, myself included...and that hatred goes waaaaay back waaaaay before he was in any Presidential race. It goes waaaaaay before he was a TV celebrity. It actually goes back to when he made a cameo in a certain XMAS movie sequel...

I never liked the guy. Always somehow knew he was a con and a fake. 

But I appreciate what he owns.  All his private jets and helicopters past or present and the Trump Tower in NY are...truly awesome.   I wish I could own some kind of high rise in New York City so I could plaster my family name on it.  That is quite the accomplishment no matter what I think of the man. 

Being in Boeing Country, I can say that the 757 was good for it's time, a senior that needs to stay retired. Very poor in efficiency and noise control.

I agree with you that I hate Idiot45 since the 80's as he used Bankruptcy to steal others money and make himself rich. I have no respect as he has not built anything only stolen. Enough said about Idiot45.

Boeing and Airbus make nice planes and their current planes are far superior excluding the software problems of the Max line than the plans of old.

Once you are on a Dreamliner, you will wonder why all planes are not built that way with such big windows and so quiet. Boeing Dreamliners are what all planes really should be built to as a standard.

See the source image

First Class

See the source image

See the source image

Business class

See the source image

Coach class

See the source image

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Sink hole or did the water main break?

LOL if you knew history you'd know that's the 1964 Alaskan earthquake.  The MOST POWERFUL earthquake ever recorded, at 9.2 on the Richter scale.  That is an iconic photo of it that everyone has seen.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

LOL if you knew history you'd know that's the 1964 Alaskan earthquake.  The MOST POWERFUL earthquake ever recorded, at 9.2 on the Richter scale.  That is an iconic photo of it that everyone has seen.

Not everyone hears of everything. While I heard of the Alaskan earthquake, not everyone sees pictures or realizes that is from Alaska. Nothing is in the picture implies it is from Alaska. So a valid question asked. 

Clearly you like to follow fake news with a big helping of fake ASSumptions. Not everyone has seen this picture or seen things related to the 1964 Alaskan earthquake. 

Out of wondering, I asked my kids if they had ever heard of this specific earthquake. Nope they had not, not taught in school, not talked about and so you have made an Assumption with your statement. Stop being a lemming.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

@ocnblu

ON THIS SACRED DAY THAT IS GREEK ORTHODOX EASTER

IM SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR CONSTANT DOWNVOTING REGARDING ANYTHING RELATED TO THAT ASSH0LE YOU CALL  YOUR CURRENT PRESIDENT!

PHOQUE YOU AND HIM!   

YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO RIDICULE ANYTHING  POLITICAL THAT DOES NOT FAVOUR YOUR P.O.V. BUT THE MOMENT SOMEBODY HAS ANYTHING TO SAY CONTRARY TO YOUR VIEW....YOU DOWNVOTE.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A FRAUD AND A CON.  WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE!   

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

On 4/17/2020 at 5:07 AM, ocnblu said:

Ask Al Gore, he's a climate scientist.

YOU ARE SUCH A PHOQUING HYPOCRITE!!!  

I ENJOY SPEAKING CARS WITH YOU.  BUT YOU MAKE ME BATSHYTE MAD WITH YOUR HYPOCRITICAL DOUCHEBAG POLITICAL STANCES!

CUT OUT THAT SHYTE DUDE!!!!

AL GORE, DONALD J. TRUMP ARE ALL CUT FROM THE SAME CLOTH!!!

ACTUALLY, DONALD J. TRUMP IS A MIX OF SLICK WILLY CLINTON AND AL GORE.

WOMANIZING, RAPIST BASTERDS THAT LIE ABOUT ANYTHING TO GET POLITICAL AND ECONOMICAL GAINS!

YET SOMEHOW, YOU ARE FAITHFULLY BOUND TO THAT CON PHOQUE OUT OF NEW YORK CITY?

PHOQUE OFF!!!! 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Not everyone hears of everything. While I heard of the Alaskan earthquake, not everyone sees pictures or realizes that is from Alaska. Nothing is in the picture implies it is from Alaska. So a valid question asked. 

I was thinking it was the Alaska earthquake or one in Seattle from the early 60s..i've seen B&W photos of both and they included Chevys in the pics..this was the first I'd seen in color...interesting...

30 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

I've seen pics from the Alaskan quake, but they were always grainy B&W...this is the first I'd seen in color. 

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

I was thinking it was the Alaska earthquake or one in Seattle from the early 60s..i've seen B&W photos of both and they included Chevys in the pics..this was the first I'd seen in color...interesting...

I've seen pics from the Alaskan quake, but they were always grainy B&W...this is the first I'd seen in color. 

It is the Alaska earthquake, but I believe it was '62, not '64 as mentioned above.
I grab so many vintage pics... many from Lib of Congress' site, but not sure this is from that.
I defer to fact checkers on the date.
Interesting that there's a '58, '59 and '60 Chevy in the hole. 'Three of a kind'.

4 minutes ago, balthazar said:

It is the Alaska earthquake, but I believe it was '62, not '64 as mentioned above.
I grab so many vintage pics... many from Lib of Congress' site, but not sure this is from that.
I defer to fact checkers on the date.
Interesting that there's a '58, '59 and '60 Chevy in the hole. 'Three of a kind'.

Googling turns up this picture attributed to 1964.  1964 was the big one up there.  Found some more car-related pics from it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_Alaska_earthquake

001-ap68210567481.jpg

original.jpg

ValdezEarthquake20.jpg

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, dfelt said:

Boeing and Airbus make nice planes and their current planes are far superior excluding the software problems of the Max line than the plans of old.

Once you are on a Dreamliner, you will wonder why all planes are not built that way with such big windows and so quiet. Boeing Dreamliners are what all planes really should be built to as a standard.

See the source image

First Class

See the source image

See the source image

Business class

See the source image

Coach class

See the source image

I wish airlines would replace their planes with the Dreamliner.  Nothing against other planes I have flown the last few years, but they are often so small and cramped, especially in coach.  The Boeing 757 and the Airbus A321 are so cramped unless you are in the exit rows, and they charge extra for those seats these days.  Even Now.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, dfelt said:

Being in Boeing Country, I can say that the 757 was good for it's time, a senior that needs to stay retired. Very poor in efficiency and noise control.

I agree with you that I hate Idiot45 since the 80's as he used Bankruptcy to steal others money and make himself rich. I have no respect as he has not built anything only stolen. Enough said about Idiot45.

15 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

I wish airlines would replace their planes with the Dreamliner.  Nothing against other planes I have flown the last few years, but they are often so small and cramped, especially in coach.  The Boeing 757 and the Airbus A321 are so cramped unless you are in the exit rows, and they charge extra for those seats these days.  Even Now.

To be fair...the Dreamliner is of the next generation of passenger aircraft.  The Airbus A350 is the last gen. The 757 and A321 is 2 generations ago.   The DC3 I posted is  2nd (or even 3rd?)  generation of passenger aircraft.  

The A380 is the next generation just like the Dreamliner except Airbus went on another economical philosophy with the A380 and Boeing went with another economical direction with the Dreamliner. It was a gamble for both manufacturers and Boeing was the one to correctly estimate that the Dreamliner would be the way to go for future passenger flying needs.  That is why the A380 was retired. It was to replace the 747 physically.  The Dreamliner was also to replace the 747...but in an airline company economical way to fly. 

To be fair, ANY passenger aircraft could be made to  be more spacious and more luxurious and thus making them pleasant to be in, aside from old tech engines being more noisy and the like,  and any passenger airplane could be made to cramp in as many passengers as possible making them less comfortable to fly in. 

Bombardier Aerospace which thanx to Boeing, sold that plane to Airbus and now its an Airbus A220 is also a next generation passenger aircraft.  

You got the jumbo jumbo in the A380 as the next generation. (now retired after a relatively short life span)

You got the not so midsized but we will call it midsized next passenger airplane in the Dreamliner

And then you got the smaller sized A220...And Im betting that Airbus would be upscaling it.  The A220-100 seats 100-120 people. The A220-300 seats 120-150.  A possible A220-400 would probably be made to replace the Boeing 737 MAX and Airbus' own A321 to seat 180-220 or something like that....

And THAT is why Boeing tried to sabotage Bombardier Aerospace with the former C Series now A220 as the A220 is really the next generation. A Boeing 737 MAX was just a band-aid solution...literally and figuratively.  Boeing had no answer for it. And stupidly, they made Bombardier literally GIVE it to Airbus. Their MAIN rival...  Bombardier would have never been able to produce in volume the amount necessary they would sell. They could have partnered up with Bombardier. Instead, their ONLY rival equivalent got it.   STUPID.   

Donald J. Trump levels of conning from Boeing. 

Donald J. Trump levels of stupidity from Boeing!   

And then they phoque up the band-aid solution that was the 737 MAX which in itself, was a band-aid job to "modernize" the 737!

Production of Airbus A380 hinges on Emirates deal - The National

Air Canada acquired 9.99% stake in Jazz Aviation in $97.26 million ...

List of Airbus A220 orders and deliveries - Wikipedia

Searching for pics...I came across this 

https://www.airway1.com/a-stretched-variant-of-the-a220-may-be-the-solution-to-replace-a319neo/

A stretched variant of the A220 may be the solution to replace ...

And another interesting pic with a 747.   Queen of the skies front and center with its replacement in the background that failed to replace... but the A380 is impressive nonetheless. 

Super Jumbo - PH-BFA KLM Boeing 747 / A6-EDB Emirates Airb… | Flickr

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, balthazar said:

I would not be surprised, to abate fears of discretionary flying, that planes get retro-fitted with 'social distancing' seating and air flight becomes a thing for the wealthy.

Like how it used to be? 

Incredibly spacious with social distancing measures in place and for the wealthy again?    

Yeah...I could see that!  And I got no problems with it!    We all need to be humbled on this planet so we appreciate the REAL finer things in life.  Which is living and breathing and being able to enjoy NATURE rather than material objects...  

And maybe when we could appreciate NATURE again by going BACK to BASICS for a looooong while, then maybe we could start upgrading again...

Edited by oldshurst442

4 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

YOU ARE SUCH A PHOQUING HYPOCRITE!!!  

Blow it out your ass.  This forum, Cheers & Gears, is not about politics, yet you and other butthurt individuals continue to interject the topic into otherwise innocuous comments.  The rules state... NO POLITICS.  I sit and watch multiple asinine comments... I post once from the other side and look at the effing explosion of diarrhea spitting from your Canadian lips.  You worry about Trudeau, let us worry about Trump.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 4/17/2020 at 5:07 AM, ocnblu said:

Ask Al Gore, he's a climate scientist.

16 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Blow it out your ass.  This forum, Cheers & Gears, is not about politics, yet you and other butthurt individuals continue to interject the topic into otherwise innocuous comments.  The rules state... NO POLITICS.  I sit and watch multiple asinine comments... I post once from the other side and look at the effing explosion of diarrhea spitting from your Canadian lips.  You worry about Trudeau, let us worry about Trump.

Shove a phoquing dildo up yours, and then stick it in your mouth. 

The RULES STATE NO POLITICS!

Why the phoquing Al Gore reference you Republican jack ass???!!!

Why the Trudeau reference then you right wing assh0le???!!! 

You hypocritical sum bitch...

if YOU wanted NO politics...then YOU wouldnt have mention Al Gore in the FIRST PHOQUING PLACE and YOU would have IGNORED MY POSTS and NOT answered me back!

To which I didnt EVEN MENTION HIS PRESIDENCY!   I even DEFENDED HIM!   BUT ACCORDING TO YOU< YOU WEASEL, I CANT EVEN ENJOY THE FREEDOM OF CALLING HIM A CON DURING HIS 1980s DAYS! ARE YOU PHOQUING KIDDING ME???!!!

YOU are a LITTLE weasel. A BIG...LITTLE WEASEL!

PHOQUE OFF, BRO!     

You PAY for your subscription in here and THAT is why Drew defends (defended you?) and THAT is why I get the flack I do when I raise my tone in here. But that will NEVER stop me from answering you back in kind!

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

I am certain, if links were provided, the list of anti-Trump comments by you (of all people, a Canadian with no skin in the game) and others here would be much longer and more vitriolic than anything posted from the other side.  Stand up straight, wash your face and hands and dry those tears.

Don't you think your ranting is an unorthodox way to celebrate Easter?  Where do you hide your eggs, anyhow?  Are you in pain from clenching?  :smilewide:

Hint:  downvotes do not require a twelve page rant in reply.  Downvotes are simple and sweet and should be ignored if one finds them problematic.  Notice, if you will, my snarky, one-sentence reference to the former vice president only came AFTER multiple disparaging comments from the left side of the room.  I never start political tangents in here, I only reply to them.

Edited by ocnblu
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

18 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

I am certain, if links were provided, the list of anti-Trump comments by you (of all people, a Canadian with no skin in the game) and others here would be much longer and more vitriolic than anything posted from the other side.  Stand up straight, wash your face and hands and dry those tears.

Don't you think your ranting is an unorthodox way to celebrate Easter?  Where do you hide your eggs, anyhow?  Are you in pain from clenching?  :smilewide:

You just ignore links...like the right wing piece of shyte you are. 

And when he says he wants to open up the Canadian/American  border when his country is dying from the supposed hoax of a virus...one that YOU also believed was a hoax... (you want links to those posts YOU made when YOU downvoted me? Assh0le?)

You are a bible thumper besides all that?  Practise what the good book taught you...  Trump...according to the good book is an evil doer. And YOU enable him...   I would worry more about how you would explain to your maker on why you enable an evil doer more so than a couple of chosen words I say to you....even on Easter Sunday.  At least I aint a hypocritical, evil doer enabler...  

When HE wanted to block 3M masks to come to Canada when Canada actually supplies the materials to 3M....yeah...I HAVE SKIN in this you MORON!!!

Back to airplanes because obviously YOU are in your own retarded Trump world of lies, deceit and IGNORANCE.  (You want proof that he tried to block 3M masks to Canada? You want proof that Canada supplies 3M?  Google it you dumb phoque because all you are gonna say to me is fake phoquing news...) 

Supersonic: 50 years after its first flight, the Concorde story is ...

Pin on NYC

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1